Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Peew

I ordered a Sony Experia S on Thursday used voucher code, got phone yesterday morning for free, I tried to order again for other half, it won't accept code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

rang them up, said I am eligible. Happy Days.
    Now what phone to get....decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Been having huge problems with the offer.. First my order was rejected online and then rejected by phone. Still trying to find out why. Since then my voucher code has been disabled online. Rang today and they guy on the phone said it was valid, so I went to order the S3... He said it had to be ordered online. Went online and the coded still wouldn't work. Rang back and he said it works via the phone but not online, didn't know why. Put me through to customer services where I spoke to a bloke who hadn't a notion what I was talking about. He knew nothing of the offer and was shocked that I was ordering the S3, he didn't know emobile where doing it!!! He then told me to go to the shop to get a phone, I informed him that the instore prices are more expensive than online.. He then went on to say that if I go in store that they would do the online order for me... Madness......... I've been going around in circles trying to get this deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

rang them up, said I am eligible. Happy Days.
    Now what phone to get....decisions.

Do you know which number/department you spoke with?

And did you have a valid voucher or just your Eircom account number?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Can I ring up emobile and give them my Eircom account number and I get a half price pill pay plan???

There must be something im missing :?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Can I ring up emobile and give them my Eircom account number and I get a half price pill pay plan???

There must be something im missing :?
    They sent out flyers to some customers with voucher codes for the offer so I guess they were selected according to some pre-set criteria. It won't hurt to ring but if you didn't already get the voucher then you may not be offered the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 corkcuu

My eircom account doesn't work online, wasn't sent a voucher code. So rang them and asked yesterday and was told no I'm not eligible. So then I emailed and asked why I wasn't? After numerous emails they just rang and said they have no problem giving me the offer.....but it would have to be over the phone....which was fine until I asked for the galaxy s2 and told she is out of stock....but it is available online, different stock apparently so then asked about the s3 and told its not an option on this plan!
    I queried this and she said she will ring me back Friday when s3 is launched if it is an option or if she gets an s2!
    Crazy all this for me to give them money for the next 18months. Think I will stick with O2

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DeepBlue wrote: »
    They sent out flyers to some customers with voucher codes for the offer so I guess they were selected according to some pre-set criteria. It won't hurt to ring but if you didn't already get the voucher then you may not be offered the plan.

That's what they told me, when I rang today, using my father's account number.
    He's not eligible yet, but he may become eligible later.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Cyrus wrote: »
    Right

I have a friends acc no which works online,

If i goto an emobile shop, whats the chances of me and my wife being able to sign up with my friends account?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Cyrus wrote: »
    Anyone?

I just signed up a few hours ago, didn't have a voucher code so she asked if any of my relatives had an eircom account which then went through.

So i'd say you'd be ok, i did it over the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

I just signed up a few hours ago, didn't have a voucher code so she asked if any of my relatives had an eircom account which then went through.

Which phone did you get? I tried to get a Galaxy S3 over the phone yesterday, and as soon as I went through the "I dont want a Nokia Lumina" lark and told her I would like to "pre-order" and I did say pre-order as I know there are delays with the blue version of the S3 the sales rep first lied and told me the S3 is not on this deal, then went back on this and said it was 239euros on the deal and then told me nothing could be done until next week and couldn't get off the phone to me fast enough. Strange bunch that emobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Davie89 wrote: »
    Which phone did you get? I tried to get a Galaxy S3 over the phone yesterday, and as soon as I went through the "I dont want a Nokia Lumina" lark and told her I would like to "pre-order" and I did say pre-order as I know there are delays with the blue version of the S3 the sales rep first lied and told me the S3 is not on this deal, then went back on this and said it was 239euros on the deal and then told me nothing could be done until next week and couldn't get off the phone to me fast enough. Strange bunch that emobile.

Got the HTC One X for 189 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Got mine just now but in white not blue,cheers op

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ok cool, what did you say, i want the offer but i dont have a code?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

chris1970 wrote: »
    Got mine just now but in white not blue,cheers op

I'm amazed you got it so fast. I ordered two days ago (white galaxy s3) and was told they wouldn't be sending it out until 5th June.

They are a very unorganised crowd, i'm not looking forward to any future customer service issues that may arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

I was just in an emobile store and told them I wanted to avail of the eircom customer offer. I was asked for my voucher but I don't think I got one....I cannot find it anyway! When I put in my eircom account number online it works fine.
    How did eircom customers find out about this offer (bar reading this thread) Did the selected people all receive vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Do they arrange to port your number once you've received the phone etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

statto25 wrote: »
    I was just in an emobile store and told them I wanted to avail of the eircom customer offer. I was asked for my voucher but I don't think I got one....I cannot find it anyway! When I put in my eircom account number online it works fine.
    How did eircom customers find out about this offer (bar reading this thread) Did the selected people all receive vouchers?

Initially saw this thread but also got a flyer in with my eircom bill last week.

polaris68 wrote: »
    Initially saw this thread but also got a flyer in with my eircom bill last week.

I got the flyer too, but there was no voucher with bill. Just the flyer saying that by using your eircom account number you can take up the offer. The customer agent told me that they must have a voucher to include with the contract. How can I do that without a flippin voucher!

statto25 wrote: »
    I got the flyer too, but there was no voucher with bill. Just the flyer saying that by using your eircom account number you can take up the offer. The customer agent told me that they must have a voucher to include with the contract. How can I do that without a flippin voucher!

I had a similar issue, then eventually someone said the account number was the voucher... Their customer service is a absolute disaster. It's like they only opened last week with a room full of untrained staff. I've spoken to staff that didn't know the offer existed and one guy who told me they weren't doing the Galaxy S3.. He was adamant they weren't doing it even tho I told him I was looking at it on the emobile website....

• Advertisement

unklerosco wrote: »
    I had a similar issue, then eventually someone said the account number was the voucher... Their customer service is a absolute disaster. It's like they only opened last week with a room full of untrained staff. I've spoken to staff that didn't know the offer existed and one guy who told me they weren't doing the Galaxy S3.. He was adamant they weren't doing it even tho I told him I was looking at it on the emobile website....

They do seem clueless. So....if I go into the store tomorrow do I just stand my ground until they find out themselves that there is no physical voucher, just a code which is my eircom acc number. It seems daft really...I want to give them my money but they don't seem to want it!

I originally went to the store but they told me to go online due to the fact that the HTC one X is €60 more instore than it is online! It's so badly organised.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

joey54 wrote: »
    Do they arrange to port your number once you've received the phone etc?

No, despite having given them all the data during the order process. You have to call them and give it again. Meteor is the same. It's ridiculous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

dahamsta wrote: »
    No, despite having given them all the data during the order process. You have to call them and give it again. Meteor is the same. It's ridiculous.

Yep. And when I switched over before Christmas, both Vodafone and eMobile/Meteor's porting systems were on the blink. Was over a full week without access to my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Definitely interested in taking advantage of this offer, coming off a €45 a month contract with O2 for a Galaxy S so this'll be a nice little step up. Can anyone tell me if the 32GB version of the S3 is available online? I've seen the 16GB but as a media glutton I like having all my music, plenty of videos on my phone to help pass time when I'm bored.

Also is there any major difference between picking the phone up with the voucher in-store vs online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Definitely interested in taking advantage of this offer, coming off a €45 a month contract with O2 for a Galaxy S so this'll be a nice little step up. Can anyone tell me if the 32GB version of the S3 is available online? I've seen the 16GB but as a media glutton I like having all my music, plenty of videos on my phone to help pass time when I'm bored.

Also is there any major difference between picking the phone up with the voucher in-store vs online?

Major difference is if there are any issues with the phone. If you buy online, the returns policy is online i.e id imagine you'd have to contact customer care and get an address to send the phone to etc. If you buy in store you can return the phone in store if there are any issues.

I think it may be slightly cheaper online too? About 10 euro or so? Open to correction on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

TBi wrote: »
    The Lumia 800 has dropped from 89 to 0 on this offer (according to the PDF)... very interesting and tempting.

The pdf still says 89 when I look at it?

edit - might help if I redownloaded the pdf and didn't look at the original one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I think vodafone have exclusive sale of the 32gb version for the moment, With that microsd slot though, you can get another 32GB of storage for only 20-25€ though, giving you 48Gb in total. If you really wanted to go all out, you could get a 64gb microsd but they're fairly expensive unsurprisingly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I think vodafone have exclusive sale of the 32gb version for the moment, With that microsd slot though, you can get another 32GB of storage for only 20-25€ though, giving you 48Gb in total. If you really wanted to go all out, you could get a 64gb microsd but they're fairly expensive unsurprisingly
    Davie89 wrote: »
    Major difference is if there are any issues with the phone. If you buy online, the returns policy is online i.e id imagine you'd have to contact customer care and get an address to send the phone to etc. If you buy in store you can return the phone in store if there are any issues.

I think it may be slightly cheaper online too? About 10 euro or so? Open to correction on that front.

Cheers for that guys, sucks that Vodafone have the exclusive but I can't really argue with that monthly price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

My S3 arrived yesterday, so they're pretty quick in getting them out.

Great phone, and the deal is unbeatable imo.

Advertisement