Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Sheep 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I take it you can register the evening before ?

You have to register the evening before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

You have to register the evening before

Good to know, cheers:)

Oh and are bikes racked that night or in the morning ?

Good to know, cheers:)

Oh and are bikes racked that night or in the morning ?

In the morning. In the pitch dark. See here https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2460062981205&set=a.2460061021156.2147236.1241086304&type=3&theater

I have my headlamp at the ready:D

I have my headlamp at the ready:D

Cycling through Kenmare, at ungodly o'clock in the pitch dark, and all you can see is head torches. Its deadly!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

it's like an Orbital concert, in a deserted hotel grounds, in Kerry ... oh, the glamour ;)

interested wrote: »
    it's like an Orbital concert, in a deserted hotel grounds, in Kerry ... oh, the glamour ;)

Tunney would like it then:D

In July i almost pulled out, really lookiong forward to it now.

One last question !

Options to refill water/energy drink bottles on the bike ?

One last question !

Options to refill water/energy drink bottles on the bike ?

They'll be handing out water at the bottom of the second climb.

They'll be handing out water at the bottom of the second climb.

Cheers !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bombidal

everyone here using tt bike?.. me is still undecided. Wont have time to do course before hand. I would expect to finish about midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Going with TT and wheelcover unless its blowing a gale

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Therapysucks

Picked up a pair of Planet X 50mm tubs second hand recently and only just getting a feel for them. Wondering would it be better sticking the Ksyrium Elites on the bike for the Lost Sheep? Any opinions? On that sort of course, will the carbon tubs make much of a difference? Haven't used tubs before and am dreading a puncture, have Kefal repair goo and a spare, but even so I reckon the time it would take to change would have me finishing in next year's race. They just look a lot better on the bike. :)

Well here it is, race week.

One final long swim for me tonight and i'll do very little all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

"On exiting the water, ensure that you cross over the timing mat so that your swim time will be recorded. All swimmers will run to the shoe collection area, collect their numbered shoes and run to transition at the Riversdale Hotel. If you decide to take off your wetsuit, you must carry it to the transition."

Didn't realize there was a 1K run back to transition after the swim... so what are people planning to do..

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Therapysucks

Is the 1k run to transition taken off the 1/2 marathon at the end? There was something like this at Ironman Waled last year when they had to change the swim. People had a long run to transition as a result but had it knocked off at the other end.

Also, better to run in wetsuit or carry it?

"On exiting the water, ensure that you cross over the timing mat so that your swim time will be recorded. All swimmers will run to the shoe collection area, collect their numbered shoes and run to transition at the Riversdale Hotel. If you decide to take off your wetsuit, you must carry it to the transition."

Didn't realize there was a 1K run back to transition after the swim... so what are people planning to do..

I'm taking off my wetsuit and putting on my crocs to get back there.

Im bringing a second [pair of trainers with the elastic laces in them and will be taking the wetsuit off and carrying it rather than trying to run in it. I dont see the point in taking the time off, its the same for everyone.

Bambaata wrote: »
    Im bringing a second [pair of trainers with the elastic laces in them and will be taking the wetsuit off and carrying it rather than trying to run in it. I dont see the point in taking the time off, its the same for everyone.

I was just advised by a few who did it last year to take it off and run with it.

If it was <600m id go barefoot and run in suit but 1k is a bit far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭glennbhoy

any reason why the bike is only 83, and not 90km

looking forward to it

glennbhoy wrote: »
    any reason why the bike is only 83, and not 90km

looking forward to it

Thats what the loop is !

What those hills 83k is fine:D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭glennbhoy

ah just feel i cant say its a proper 1/2 ironman, as its 7km short

bring on the hills, wee buns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Thats what the loop is !

What those hills 83k80km is fine:D

But I guess the run from swim exit to transition should add 1km to that ;)

Are ye all staying in Kenmare? I've booked a place in Inbhear Sceine Waterside. Going down tomorrow and staying until Monday. It would be great to meet up if there's anyone hanging around?

Bambaata wrote: »
    Are ye all staying in Kenmare? I've booked a place in Inbhear Sceine Waterside. Going down tomorrow and staying until Monday. It would be great to meet up if there's anyone hanging around?

We have a club house, heading down fri afternoon and back sunday sometime !

Temps look like 22 for Sat !

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

Does anyone who has done this before know if it's possible to get parking any closer to transition than the school 1km away?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭pab_lowe

I know there were a bunch of people at Athy who brought their camper vans. Is there anyplace where one could pull up for the Friday night which is close to the start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Does anyone who has done this before know if it's possible to get parking any closer to transition than the school 1km away?

most people cycle into transition from their house as it is the fastest way to do and a good way to wake up ;-)
    but yes there is parking close to transition if you are early.

Advertisement