Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Sheep 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tri cookie

logged on to Triathlon Ireland Friday evening,,glass on wine on board.. and entered the Lost sheep,I had thought it was fully subscribed.... just my good luck!! :confused: has anybody got suggestions for central accomodation..will have to head down Fri ..back Sunday as I will be totally wrecked ...in shock even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I did my 1st cat 3 climb today, it lasted about 7k. I am right that cat 3 is whats on Lost Sheep ( 2 of them ) ???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I did my 1st cat 3 climb today, it lasted about 7k. I am right that cat 3 is whats on Lost Sheep ( 2 of them ) ???

Unfortunately the categorisation system is bastardised in Ireland. One mans cat 2 is another mans lump.

Got a Garmin file for the climb today? Check out the length and more importantly the maximum and average gradient!

tunney wrote: »
    Unfortunately the categorisation system is bastardised in Ireland. One mans cat 2 is another mans lump.

Got a Garmin file for the climb today? Check out the length and more importantly the maximum and average gradient!

I have my 305 charging but i used map my ride, here it is http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/105762873

The route i looked up for lost sheep was done on map my ride as well i might add.

So is the above climb of any use ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Anyone planning on renting a house option over the weekend? End of season blow out for me and will be sticking around for a few beers and kebabs afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I'll hopefully be there the Wednesday/Thursday to the Tuesday/Wednesday and intend on renting a house alright. Anyone have any good links or contacts as any ive found seem to all want Saturday to Saturday rentals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Bambaata wrote: »
    I'll hopefully be there the Wednesday/Thursday to the Tuesday/Wednesday and intend on renting a house alright. Anyone have any good links or contacts as any ive found seem to all want Saturday to Saturday rentals!

Are you heading down with the better half?

We've a house full for the fri and sat night from our club, sat night should be good ( if i can stand )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Are you heading down with the better half?

yup think so.

• Advertisement

tunney wrote: »

I did a short version with just the climb and a bit more, i hope this link works ok

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/193834853

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭longshank

as far as i'm concerned the most important thing to know about that route is that the section from adrigole to glengariff (between the 2 climbs) is tough.(windy, up and down) everyone knows about the 2 climbs and think they should push it in between not realising it's quite tough. The climbs aren't bad just ride tempo and they are fine but if you push too hard between the climbs you will die on the second one. i've ridden that route nearly 50 times at this stage and the fastest is always when i keep it comfortable and recover on that section, then speed up after top of Caha pass. Climbs are the easy bit if you don't blow out before you reach them!!!

longshank wrote: »
    as far as i'm concerned the most important thing to know about that route is that the section from adrigole to glengariff (between the 2 climbs) is tough.(windy, up and down) everyone knows about the 2 climbs and think they should push it in between not realising it's quite tough. The climbs aren't bad just ride tempo and they are fine but if you push too hard between the climbs you will die on the second one. i've ridden that route nearly 50 times at this stage and the fastest is always when i keep it comfortable and recover on that section, then speed up after top of Caha pass. Climbs are the easy bit if you don't blow out before you reach them!!!

Great cheers,

I hope to ride the route on the aug bank holiday weekend.

Some detailed directions would be great:)

Might i ask where transition is, booking a house and want to be as close as possible

Might i ask where transition is, booking a house and want to be as close as possible

Its a small town.........

I know that but i'm dealing with rahter anal fools who go on about a bottle cage being 5 grammes too heavy an extra 50m walk might lose them time:D

I know that but i'm dealing with rahter anal fools who go on about a bottle cage being 5 grammes too heavy an extra 50m walk might lose them time:D

Actually its too small to be a town. Its a small village.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

EDIT: Got those events totally mixed up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bombidal

tt bike or road bike for this?

bombidal wrote: »

i did it on tt bike last year but if going again i'd prob go for road bike with tri bars, but would also be happy enough to do it on tt bike again, very varied terrain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

bombidal wrote: »

I've said this somewhere before, but basically all, or damn close to all, the top 30 in last years race were on TT bikes. Take from that what you will

I've said this somewhere before, but basically all, or damn close to all, the top 30 in last years race were on TT bikes. Take from that what you will

that the top30 are strong enough and fit enough that the advantage of tt bike on flat bits outweighs the disadvantage on the hills??? you could be a sheep and follow the crowd but you might end up being a "lost sheep"!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

longshank wrote: »
    that the top30 are strong enough and fit enough that the advantage of tt bike on flat bits outweighs the disadvantage on the hills??? you could be a sheep and follow the crowd but you might end up being a "lost sheep"!!!!!!

Thanks for the compliment!! :D

To be honest, my road bike is so sh1t that I didn't really have the option of using a road bike.

Thanks for the compliment!! :D

To be honest, my road bike is so sh1t that I didn't really have the option of using a road bike.

if you get in top 30 in lost sheep you deserve lots of compliments!!! I think lots of tri courses in ireland are prob better suited to road bike but when you spend sooo much on your tri bike you feel guilty about not using it!
    I think in a few years you prob see more hybrid road/tri bikes with road bars and electronic shifting on the tri bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Fortyfoot

Anyone have an entry they aren't using/want to sell? Genuine legitimate buyer. Thanks.

1 month today:eek:

I might to ask whats the run course like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭vegas elvis

1 month today:eek:

I might to ask whats the run course like ?

Undulating... Maybe not a run to do a PB on but its not that bad at all. Being that its on a country lane its essentially as good as a closed road too. It’s a straight out and back so plenty of opportunity for hand / arse slapping with anyone you recognise along the way :)

Undulating... Maybe not a run to do a PB on but its not that bad at all. Being that its on a country lane its essentially as good as a closed road too. It’s a straight out and back so plenty of opportunity for hand / arse slapping with anyone you recognise along the way :)

Ah cousin Elvis how are you !

I'll be the one in the pool of vomit/sweat/tears/poo/snot etc:D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bombidal

how does the bike leg climbs compare to say viewpoint and the sally gap?, still unsure of what bike to use. I will not be aiming for a top 30 finish btw!

• Advertisement

I take it you can register the evening before ?

Advertisement