Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

This is the list of players from this thread who seem to have played it. Sorry if I missed anyone....

18 players

Jelly 292
    BlitzKrieg
    Michael Cravez
    oceanclub
    Chairman Meow
    Hawke
    yitsack
    Sound of Silence
    Ponster
    Genghiz Cohen
    Duggy747
    Cherry_Cola
    dreamers75
    kiith
    balkieb2002
    cherryghost
    Jet Black
    o1s1n

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Me and yitsack be on tonight, maybe a few others.

@kenon

Modlauncher

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

@oceanclub

use the above tool to launch the game, just point it towards the different EXES.

Create a folder called Armaaddons on a 2nd drive and drop all your @mods into it. Then point the above launcher towards and it will manage the game for you.

Arma runs best when not on C drive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Will we not find it hard to all get on a server? From what i've heard, they are all pretty packed. I'll be playing (hopefully) tonight anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Any particular server Boardsies usually play? will try get on over the weekend when I can. Might have actually seen Cherryghost a few times on server listings when trying to join a game but never actually made it into the game

Steam name btw is Cravez

Edit: Can you add me to the list Ponster?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Ok have purchase Arrowhead; am hoping it won't take me too long later to get set up. Will try log in as Oceanclub.

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

I should be playing this tonight if I can get into a server.

I might also try moving my Combined Operation files to Steam.

Steam Name - Dal gCais

Hope to seem some Boardsies online!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

****ing alpha code. I just died for no reason :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Yeah servers are packed. I've been trying for the last 2 hours to get into one. Everytime I do I'm in the middle of a forest with no guns. A lot of people I spoke to are having the same problem

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Jet Black wrote: »
    Yeah servers are packed. I've been trying for the last 2 hours to get into one. Everytime I do I'm in the middle of a forest with no guns. A lot of people I spoke to are having the same problem

Kill yourself. You have to... No matter what server you get thrown on your data is stored on a DayZ cloud, meaning you can drop in and out of your adventure whenever you want, wherever you want. You'll keep having the same problem until you die.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nice, downloading at 2.5mb/s, so shouldn't take too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Finally got everything downloaded and installed. Managed to get into a server but stuck on the "receiving data" screen for a little while now. Hopefully I can get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Kiith wrote: »
    I just bought it. Buying a game for a mod...it's weird :P

I'm thinking of buying a PC for this!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Finally got everything downloaded and installed. Managed to get into a server but stuck on the "receiving data" screen for a little while now. Hopefully I can get in!

Try a different server. I get that from time to time also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I was getting this alot too but Blitzkrieg mentioned about exiting ARMA and right clicking the game in Steam and re-installing Battle Eye anti-cheat system and then replay the game again and it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I was getting this alot too but Blitzkrieg mentioned about exiting ARMA and right clicking the game in Steam and re-installing Battle Eye anti-cheat system and then replay the game again and it should be fine.

Thanks, managed to get into 1 game but didn't last long as a bandit got to me!

Been getting the receiving data problem since again :( Also I notice that for username, it uses the your PC name instead of your steam name or whatever, anyway to change that?

Thanks, managed to get into 1 game but didn't last long as a bandit got to me!

Been getting the receiving data problem since again :( Also I notice that for username, it uses the your PC name instead of your steam name or whatever, anyway to change that?

Just go into your profile at the main menu.

You should be able to change your name from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

My steam tag is balkieb

Finally got it installed and the mod showing using the below tutorial

Decided to try first server I saw but after waiting for around 10mins (past connecting to server, receiving data) got to next screen where just about to connect but got kicked as battleeye could not update.

Well after a lot of downloading and editing I finally sorted it and actually got on a server running latest beta patch :)
    Only had 30 people and a high ping but I connected fairly quickly to it so happy days!!

No idea of controls of what does what so I'm going to boot camp first then hopefully my player is still alive when I get back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Just stepped out of zombieland! A lot of waiting for server but it seems better than last night. Its getting a bit later now so should be easier to get in . the DE and EU servers are best for Irish players, not many UK ones. Im playing as Jelly 292 with a dude called leonard, dont shoot us :) back in at 11, still alive for my second day, getting very tense/ Have to go back to the city to get blood.
    Also just cooked my first wild boar in the woods, looking at the sunset over the hills. Awesome.

Was able to get into one game today.

However, I've Been getting the "Recieving Data" problem ever since.

It loads about 75% of the way - Then it just hangs there. I'll try and update Battle-Eye, but I honestly doubt this is the problem.

Was able to get into one game today.

However, I've Been getting the "Recieving Data" problem ever since.

It loads about 75% of the way - Then it just hangs there. I'll try and update Battle-Eye, but I honestly doubt this is the problem.

Thats the server Qing you up, its normal in Arma for it to take a little while.

• Advertisement

The first time I connected I was waiting a while at that receiving data message but since doing updates it only seems to last around a couple of minutes or less depending on server.

Done my boot camp training so going to have my first full taste of it now - my in-game name is Balkie and I've saved it so i'm currently in woods in the vicinity in Kamenka!

The master server needs a lot more bandwidth , until then this problem will not go away. Playing off peak hours is a lot more stable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Manged to get two goes today. The first time went ok but didnt run into any other players and then ended up losing my connection to the server.

Second time around the map was dark. Didnt realize it would be so dark leaving me to run around the forest in the pitch black.

Tbh im a bit disappointed with it so far but i suppose the main draw is interacting with others which i havent gotten to do yet so ill give it more time to make a final opinion on it.

FYI- awaiting for server response, bad trouble agian but for some reason the Chicago servers always work for me and my buddy? odd. give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Anyone know the easiest way to find water?

I am doing quite well, got a tonne of ammo but I was out of water when i logged out last night and when I logged back in today it's blinking red and I got no water!

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Anyone know the easiest way to find water?

I am doing quite well, got a tonne of ammo but I was out of water when i logged out last night and when I logged back in today it's blinking red and I got no water!

Fountains in town squares.

or the sea...atm the sea works but wont in future updates.

Arma has as issue with rivers as such there are none, the ones you see in other islands are a trick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

MOTHERF*CKER!

I was doing so well. I had found a sniper rifle, found a few cans of pepsi to keep me alive and a tonne of food. I was full to the brim and decided to bug out of cherno. On the way out I start talking to two guys who I thought where near me as their chat seemd very personal so it should have been direct. Tried talking into teaming up with them when suddenly

BANG! I keel over, blood spurting from my neck as some bandit took me down. Then a horde of zombies run over my corpse towards the gunshot and I died.

damn it damn it damn it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I had one of my first games tonight. It mostly involved fumbling in the dark. There was no moon, just stars and blackness. After a long period of aimlessly crashing through the forest I saw in the distance the faint red glow of flares. The encouragement I got from this sight was second only to the disquiet I felt when thinking about what I could be waking into. After long swim I finally reached the flares. Slowly I creped towards the light. I knew there were zombies close, very close, because I could hear them wheezing and coughing. And then, as I was moving away from the hidden zombies, I saw a player flash by the flares not 50 meters away from me. As the light went out I heard shooting. And then nothing except the occasional wheeze and cough.

Again I was in the dark, alone, surrounded by the stars and the occasional grunt from a zombie. I was trying to figure out how to use the flares (and this took a long tine) when I heard in the distance the sound of an engine. It was getting closer to me. The sound grew and grew until it finally stopped. I still couldn't see but I though I heard something like a door open or close. And then pew, pew, pew I was dead.

Damn bandits. I still have no idea how he (they?) found me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Anyone up for a game?

• Advertisement

I'm playing on DE8 at moment, server just restarting then back in again :)

Just found a barn with 2 walkers and a jumper... scared the crap out of me but my first kills :) Was worth it as found a sniper rifle, crossbow and lee enfield

Just before server ended a friendly came in and we agreed to save it there!

I started in Kamenka and think I'm heading towards Pavolo but really hard to tell!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement