Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Palestine Solidarity Campaign

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Actually it appears there are 239 Irish artists boycotting the Entity!

http://www.ipsc.ie/cultural-boycott/ipsc-irish-artists-pledge-to-boycott-israel#1

And the number is growing by the day.

but not a single possible solution. I thought that an organization serious like that, might think of some...

The Zionist Entity doesn't have a single possible solution either!

Does that imply it isn't a serious organisation?

Any comments on the boycott (y'know, what this thread is about) btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭The Israeli

Wild Bill wrote: »

http://www.ipsc.ie/cultural-boycott/ipsc-irish-artists-pledge-to-boycott-israel#1

At least the Irish dance troops not.
    Between 2010-2012 we had: Lord of the dance, Riverdance, The spirit of the dance (twice).
    Also Bono was here last month.

The Zionist Entity doesn't have a single possible solution either!

Does that imply it isn't a serious organisation?

Any comments on the boycott (y'know, what this thread is about) btw?

The Zionist Entity
    ?

Akhmadinijad and Hamas talk like that..
    Peace with you...

From the recent years - http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/09/12/opinion/mapping-mideast-peace.html
    There were more. I won't look for them for you because it seems like a great waste of time.

Bono? :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Nope, it's not that.. They have masses of materials against Israel, but not a single possible solution. I thought that an organization serious like that, might think of some...

You are now being deliberately very silly. That paragraph is very clear on what the solution is, but you have chosen to pretend it doesn't offer one. Just like you have chosen to smear the organization, without a shred of proof. It really doesn't matter a damn what the organization stands for, as you have made your mind up, and are at the ready to spew your nonsense and fiction.
    Why am I saying that.. I can't find the video of that senior official of one of the campaigns but he states that even if they declared for the recognition of Israel, it would have seriously divided the movement. LOL

Until you can produce such a video, I will consider this another lie, and smear attempt. For one you can't name the person who said it, nor the campaign (so the group you are talking about may not even be the IPSC, but it not like something simple like that matter to you or anything), or provide this so called video. Also, this isn't the first time, you have made a claim, without evidence. The only conclusion is that it is a lie, and in fact the same goes for many other similar post from you in this thread.

Also, i pointed out what they consider a solution. Why you have chose to pretend it isn't one, is simple beyond me, but then you entire criticism of the group has been nothing but a rather desperate fiction. Making up stuff in a desperate attempt to smear the organization.
    But I wouldn't mind seeing their solution, anyway.

It was already provided. You would rather peddle more fiction, and ignore anything that show your world view to be incorrect.

Now here is the quote again:

From http://www.ipsc.ie/about/aims
    To promote engagement by the Irish Government, the political institutions in the North and the European Union for a just and equitable settlement based on the full and unequivocal implementation of international law.

Notice the following " a just and equitable settlement based on the full and unequivocal implementation of international law.", seem pretty clear there preferred solution is one based on International law. Now seeing as how very clear the language being used is. I find it nothing short of amazing that you would deny a very simple and basic fact, but then again you have essentially been smearing the organization with lie after lie, so it no surprise that you have issue with facts.

So now we are on page 27, and no proof of any "venom" from the IPSC, and in fact more claims (well deliberate lies from a single poster, who is clearly trying desperately to smear the group) have been made without proof against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Bono? :pac::pac::pac:
    Quite famous.
    I didn't recognise most of the names on the list though.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭VALIS

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/european-union-to-slam-israel-s-actions-in-west-bank.premium-1.429863

I just read this and I think it offers a salient illustration that there is some recognition in the EU that Israel needs to improve its ''efforts'' towards making peace and respect the Palestinians' rights.

It is also telling that Israel has tried to shirk its responsibility and block the resolution and shows a lack of willingness to engage substantially.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Wow!!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

At least the Irish dance troops not.
    Between 2010-2012 we had: Lord of the dance, Riverdance, The spirit of the dance (twice).

was this a punishment for ethnic cleansing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Most irish people might at apush recognise half a dozen names on that list, hardly a boycott more a "here a way to put name out there" excerise!
    I seen hardly a single major Irish name there,I didnt see US, The Script,Boyzone,Westlife,Damien Rice,Liam Neeson,Colin Farrell,Amy Huberman, or any of the contemporary big Irish names there, why? because they are not boycotting Israel, because they don't refer to Israel as "The Zionist Entity", because they don't endorse planting bombs on buses, because they have a bigger world view!

lividduck wrote: »
    because they don't endorse planting bombs on buses, because they have a bigger world view!

So those who endorse a peaceful boycott, also endorse planting bombs on buses :rolleyes:...... Thats basically what your saying there. Sure, to use the opposite logic, then surely those who are not boycotting or are against one, support ethnic cleansing, racism, destroying peoples homes, and bombing civilians from the air, right? Of course, saying that would be silly, as people may have varied reasons for what there doin.

Seriously, when you start comparing a peaceful resistance, which is what a call for boycott is, to planting bombs on buses, then imho you have lost the plot.

Also, while there may be a lack of big names, the reaction from supporters of Israel (you can see over the last 27 pages with various claims, that no one has been able to prove), show that even at this early stage, a boycott is hugely damaging to Israel, and to the legitimacy of there colonial project.

Most irish people might at apush recognise half a dozen names on that list, hardly a boycott more a "here a way to put name out there" excerise!
    I seen hardly a single major Irish name there,I didnt see US, The Script,Boyzone,Westlife,Damien Rice,Liam Neeson,Colin Farrell,Amy Huberman, or any of the contemporary big Irish names there, why? because they are not boycotting Israel, because they don't refer to Israel as "The Zionist Entity", because they don't endorse planting bombs on buses, because they have a bigger world view!

i recognised at least half the list and they are very accomplished in their fields, although i have a particular interest in culture. it might be more relevant for some people if jedward and ronan keating were on the list:o

wes wrote: »
    So those who endorse a peaceful boycott, also endorse planting bombs on buses :rolleyes:...... Thats basically what your saying there. Sure, to use the opposite logic, then surely those who are not boycotting or are against one, support ethnic cleansing, racism, destroying peoples homes, and bombing civilians from the air, right? Of course, saying that would be silly, as people may have varied reasons for what there doin.

Seriously, when you start comparing a peaceful resistance, which is what a call for boycott is, to planting bombs on buses, then imho you have lost the plot.
    I suggest you read the earlier posts by Wild Bill whose post I was replying to. He has repaetedly endorsed the legitimacy of suicide bombimg civillian buses in Israel, or as he insultingly refers to it "The Zionist Entity".:mad:

I suggest you read the earlier posts by Wild Bill whose post I was replying to. He has repaetedly endorsed the legitimacy of suicide bombimg civillian buses in Israel, or as he insultingly refers to it "The Zionist Entity".:mad:

The way you post was phrased, made it look like you were talking about those who supported a boycott. Apologies if I misunderstood.

Still, I don't understand the opposition to a call for boycott, against Israel due to there constant settlement expansion, and the violence that is needed to perpetuate settlements. It seems to me perfectly legitimate reaction to violent settlement expansion, and I have yet to see anyone present an actual alternative, as even during peace talks, Israel has expanded settlement, which imho show clearly they were not negotiating in good faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

hungrypig wrote: »
    i recognised at least half the list and they are very accomplished in their fields, although i have a particular interest in culture. it might be more relevant for some people if jedward and ronan keating were on the list:o

.....but is it in the boycotts interests that they're on the list.....Imagine 10 years down the line, the organisers of the big Israeli summer concert announce their line up - Jedward, Keating, The cheeky girls, S club 7, and a 25 stone justin bieber. "what the fuck have we done to the world" will surely be the 1st question asked.

Nodin wrote: »
    .....but is it in the boycotts interests that they're on the list.....Imagine 10 years down the line, the organisers of the big Israeli summer concert announce their line up - Jedward, Keating, The cheeky girls, S club 7, and a 25 stone justin bieber. "what the fuck have we done to the world" will surely be the 1st question asked.

lol nodin, israel are welcome to jedward and ronan keating and definitely bono :(

hungrypig wrote: »
    lol nodin, israel are welcome to jedward and ronan keating and definitely bono :(

....I doubt they'll take to Bono. They didn't care for the last fecker that turned up and acted like the messiah.

Nodin wrote: »
    ....I doubt they'll take to Bono. They didn't care for the last fecker that turned up and acted like the messiah.
    Oh Nodin, you bold!:D

You are now being deliberately very silly. That paragraph is very clear on what the solution is, but you have chosen to pretend it doesn't offer one. Just like you have chosen to smear the organization, without a shred of proof. It really doesn't matter a damn what the organization stands for, as you have made your mind up, and are at the ready to spew your nonsense and fiction.

Until you can produce such a video, I will consider this another lie, and smear attempt. For one you can't name the person who said it, nor the campaign (so the group you are talking about may not even be the IPSC, but it not like something simple like that matter to you or anything), or provide this so called video. Also, this isn't the first time, you have made a claim, without evidence. The only conclusion is that it is a lie, and in fact the same goes for many other similar post from you in this thread.

Also, i pointed out what they consider a solution. Why you have chose to pretend it isn't one, is simple beyond me, but then you entire criticism of the group has been nothing but a rather desperate fiction. Making up stuff in a desperate attempt to smear the organization.

It was already provided. You would rather peddle more fiction, and ignore anything that show your world view to be incorrect.

Now here is the quote again:

From http://www.ipsc.ie/about/aims

Notice the following " a just and equitable settlement based on the full and unequivocal implementation of international law.", seem pretty clear there preferred solution is one based on International law. Now seeing as how very clear the language being used is. I find it nothing short of amazing that you would deny a very simple and basic fact, but then again you have essentially been smearing the organization with lie after lie, so it no surprise that you have issue with facts.

So now we are on page 27, and no proof of any "venom" from the IPSC, and in fact more claims (well deliberate lies from a single poster, who is clearly trying desperately to smear the group) have been made without proof against them.

wes, what about the borders? what about the 48th refugees? what about recognizing Israel? What about guaranteeing the Israeli security against terror organizations?

NOTHING!! it's not a solution. If Israel RETURNS territories that are necessary for its security it must GET back GUARANTEES.

It's not a solution.. Excuse me very much...

I have uploaded this video before. Be my guest...

Important parts minute 5:30.
    minute 8:00

The crown jewel: 9:43

minute 13:50
    minute 16:00
    minute 19:15 important. Dedicated to wes
    minute 28:00

• Advertisement

think i'll give it a miss the israeli..........i would imagine its very predictable

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭VALIS

I find Ilan Pappé more persuasive tbh.

wes, what about the borders? what about the 48th refugees?

International law covers all that.
    what about recognizing Israel?

PLO did that in the 1980's. Amazing that Israel seems to demand recognition over and over again. its a bit bizarre tbh.
    What about guaranteeing the Israeli security against terror organizations?

Palestinians in the West Bank are already working with Israel in regards to this, and in return receive constant settlement expansion, terrorism from both the state of Israel and from settlers. Also, the fact that you even asked this question show you pretty much deny the fact that this is already taking place.

BTW, international law again would cover security for both sides.
    NOTHING!! it's not a solution. If Israel RETURNS territories that are necessary for its security it must GET back GUARANTEES.

What Israel deems for its security may or may not have any basis in reality. If Israel truly cared about its security, then settlement would not exist.
    It's not a solution.. Excuse me very much...

A solution based on International law is pretty much the only game in town, and that is what they support. They don't go into the details, but to pretend they don't support a solution is ridiculous. You were proven wrong, and then decided to change the goal posts, and demand a detailed solution instead.
    I have uploaded this video before. Be my guest.

A video which has nothing to do with the group in question, again........ Not going to even bother this time, as almost every single link you posted, didn't back up what you said. BTW, the guy in video supports a solution based on International law, same as the IPSC......

So, we are back to multiple lies from yourself, which you refuse to back up, and insist that you are right, despite never providing a single shred of proof. You constantly post random articles and video's, which are deliberately off topic, and have nothing to do with the IPSC. As I said before, you are really rather desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 orlao

Christy Moore, Damian Dempsey, Robert Ballagh, Nuala Ní Dhomhnaill, Donal Lunny and some of the biggest trad names you'll ever see - and as Dervish said they weren't aware of it, so I would imagine it will grow. I don't understand why you think this is not a powerful list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Perhaps not entirely on-topic, but a notable reminder of the ongoing hunger strikes (even Tony 'war criminal' Blair is speaking out about it):
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/may/13/palestinian-hunger-strikers-close-to-death

This letter in particular, from one of the hunger strikers (who is 75 days into his hunger strike, i.e. almost certain to die now), to his daughter, stands out:
    http://mondoweiss.net/2012/05/thaer-halahleh-dying-tells-the-daughter-hes-never-seen-why-he-took-a-stand-for-human-dignity.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

Perhaps not entirely on-topic, but a notable reminder of the ongoing hunger strikes (even Tony 'war criminal' Blair is speaking out about it):
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/may/13/palestinian-hunger-strikers-close-to-death

This letter in particular, from one of the hunger strikers (who is 75 days into his hunger strike, i.e. almost certain to die now), to his daughter, stands out:
    http://mondoweiss.net/2012/05/thaer-halahleh-dying-tells-the-daughter-hes-never-seen-why-he-took-a-stand-for-human-dignity.html[/QUOTE]

if anybody wants tyo starve themselves to death.....what has it got to do with anybody else..............??????..

if anybody wants tyo starve themselves to death.....what has it got to do with anybody else..............??????..

It a form of non-violent protest. Gandhi was rather fond of this from of non-violent protest. This form of protest is still pretty popular in the sub-continent. What we are seeing here, is Palestinians using non-violent protest (largely ignored by the West), to end detention without trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

It a form of non-violent protest. Gandhi was rather fond of this from of non-violent protest. This form of protest is still pretty popular in the sub-continent. What we are seeing here, is Palestinians using non-violent protest (largely ignored by the West), to end detention without trial.

non violent protest.....needs masses of people causing all sorts of mayhem.....

these are just the actions of a lunatic......and nobody cares.........

you need violant reaction to peacefull protest..for it to work........ignoring a man starving himself......will not upset anybody.......

It's a mass hunger-strike.
    http://www.npr.org/2012/05/08/152255930/palestinians-rally-around-prisoners-on-hunger-strike

• Advertisement

There are protests in the West Bank as well, in support of the hunger strikers.
    these are just the actions of a lunatic......and nobody cares.........

There is more than one hunger strikers. If you are calling these guys lunatics on the basis of a hunger strike, then you may as well be calling the likes of Ghandi and other non-violent activists lunatics. Also, the various protests in support of them, clearly shows that a great many people do care. So basically, your completely wrong.
    you need violant reaction to peacefull protest..for it to work........ignoring a man starving himself......will not upset anybody.......

Hunger strikes and other non-violent protest worked for Gandhi pretty damn well, what with the end of the British Raj......

Advertisement