Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chargers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,474 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Did anyone see the financial position advertised by the Chargers ? It stated that you must be willing to relocate to Los Angeles. I found it funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Did anyone see the financial position advertised by the Chargers ? It stated that you must be willing to relocate to Los Angeles. I found it funny.

I seen it on a news story, thought it was a joke tho by some reporter,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Real disappointed in Gates. Yes it certainly opens the door for Ld Green, I'm also looking forward to seeing Brian Parker beat out John Phillips. This lad Parker is a dark horse to make the team and maybe even be a better long term replacement for Gates.... having said that Green has all the ability in the world and should be the man.

Only five days till training camp starts what players is everyone looking forward to seeing out there and how they do, for me I want see how Gordon gets on see his ability in contact, green see if he is going to step up and claim the number one te spot going forward in gates absence, really looking forward to seeing perryman see if he is as big a hitter and impact player there talking about

Can't wait. There are even rumblings that Philip will sign an extension in next couple of days.

• Advertisement

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Can't wait. There are even rumblings that Philip will sign an extension in next couple of days.

That be a great start to camp, wonder will they do anything with weddle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

tripperman wrote: »
    Only five days till training camp starts what players is everyone looking forward to seeing out there and how they do, for me I want see how Gordon gets on see his ability in contact, green see if he is going to step up and claim the number one te spot going forward in gates absence, really looking forward to seeing perryman see if he is as big a hitter and impact player there talking about

I'm most interested in our O-line, we have more options than before and there's has been a huge upgrade in talent. If they perform and Gordon can provide balance then Rivers will put up big numbers and plenty of wins

Only got sit down last night and catch up with news and interviews and videos on chargers. Com from first days of camp some good looking work outs from the rookies, only bad spot I read was Denny is out for two months and flowers sat out yesterday injured aswell

Only got sit down last night and catch up with news and interviews and videos on chargers. Com from first days of camp some good looking work outs from the rookies, only bad spot I read was Denny is out for two months and flowers sat out yesterday injured aswell

Yeah Tenny has gone down. Not a massive loss esp with the likes of Tony McDaniel on the street now, just released by Seattle.

Yeah Tenny has gone down. Not a massive loss esp with the likes of Tony McDaniel on the street now, just released by Seattle.

Was he, i had noticed that, be nice addition to the d line, but I think TT will wait till end of August early September before adding to the d line as he has done the last two years with lissmore and Matthews

• Advertisement

Palepoi going on IR right now... surely McDaniel is coming in.

Palepoi going on IR right now... surely McDaniel is coming in.

is tenny on ir now, isn't there a risk he could be signed by someone else now, he is not a great player but he is able to play many roles on the line, I'm not impressed with McCoy last night giving no news on Franklin or Gordon injures, even just its not serious be enough,

We've brought in a no name to replace Tenny, some ex Packer lad, Luther something. Not expecting too much from this guy. Why didn't we even have a look see at McDaniel?, was he not a scheme fit or?

Can't believe the hype/BS coming out of Acee, talking of us possibly winning it all. While I believe we will be better than last year and the Broncos esp Peyton should not be the West will be much more competitive. The Chiefs and even the Raiders will play v hard this year. And I'm still not sold on McCoy.

We've brought in a no name to replace Tenny, some ex Packer lad, Luther something. Not expecting too much from this guy. Why didn't we even have a look see at McDaniel?, was he not a scheme fit or?

Can't believe the hype/BS coming out of Acee, talking of us possibly winning it all. While I believe we will be better than last year and the Broncos esp Peyton should not be the West will be much more competitive. The Chiefs and even the Raiders will play v hard this year. And I'm still not sold on McCoy.

We just signed another cb something maybin I belive, thought we were covered at cb, I just ignore all the hype till the first game or two of pre season

Ducre is wearing a boot apparently & Flowers seems to be being rested lots. Even Robinson watched yesterday. Need bodies it seems, camp fodder.

Ducre is wearing a boot apparently & Flowers seems to be being rested lots. Even Robinson watched yesterday. Need bodies it seems, camp fodder.

Ah ok hadn't thought of that, also hadn't seen that ducre was injured, flowers I'm hoping its not serious, according to accounts from camp Robinson is well improved from his saints stint and possible gunner on special teams,

I like the look of the SD stadium plan, but doubt it will be built, first depth chart out and troutman starting rg 😩

I like the look of the SD stadium plan, but doubt it will be built, first depth chart out and troutman starting rg 😩

I'm ignoring anything stadium related now... so so bored of it.

Yes saw Trout is RG on depth chart, I reckon there is a chance he gets cut to be honest. Did u see where Mager was?, buried as a 5th corner on 1 side.

Wondering can Mueller make it over Law to the 53 or over Underwood to the PS. I also hear, even though he is trying v hard, Titus Davis has problems with ball control.

I'm ignoring anything stadium related now... so so bored of it.

Yes saw Trout is RG on depth chart, I reckon there is a chance he gets cut to be honest. Did u see where Mager was?, buried as a 5th corner on 1 side.

Wondering can Mueller make it over Law to the 53 or over Underwood to the PS. I also hear, even though he is trying v hard, Titus Davis has problems with ball control.

Yeah Mager is going to struggle to make the 53, don't think tt will cut troutman, this guy heuy a centre or guard seems to be getting good reviews, i hadnt noticed anything on Titus to be honest, I think law and colt will make the cut McCoy seems to rate them, have you heard anything in the te Parker?

Where is everybody? we're 1 day away from the first game on 2015 (albeit preseason) and it's me and Tripperman holding the fort!!!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Lurking. Not sure about Fluker to guard. He was hurt last year, but in his rookie season he was a pretty good right tackle. He was a pretty bad left tackle that season though. Kyle Emmanuel seems to be making waves. Melvin Gordon is supposedly poor at recievinh but is getting better. Titus Davis can't catch and Verrett is supposed to be ridiculous. Interested to see how Ingram and Attouchu do. The team could be pretty good this year.

Also, Donald Brown 4th on depth chart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Lurking too because stupidly busy at the moment.
    I presume we're all reading the same reports about training camp so hard to form an opinion when it's only based on what someone else has said.

By all accounts the left OLine is beastly in the run game with Fluker at RG and that Barksdale has looked great. The more I read about how great they are the more I wonder is it just that we have a really poor DLine.

Other concern is that no one has been wowed by Gordon yet. All positive articles (apart from body catches) about him but nothing to think he's going to be spectacular

Happy Troutman is off the line, really hope Sirles can take the back up spot

Yay good to have u guys back in harness!.

Really good point about the D line OAOB... I am starting to get very worried about our pass rush. It was hopeless last year and I am not hearing anything to make me think it might be better. Dallas O line will be a good test, and maybe help us also understand how good our O line actually is.

Gordon should be fine. I still think BO is a great backup, he could start on a few teams in this league imho. Delighted to see him appearing over Brown on depth chart.

I'm v much in the Fluker at RG and Barksdale at RT brigade.

Yay good to have u guys back in harness!.

Really good point about the D line OAOB... I am starting to get very worried about our pass rush. It was hopeless last year and I am not hearing anything to make me think it might be better. Dallas O line will be a good test, and maybe help us also understand how good our O line actually is.

Gordon should be fine. I still think BO is a great backup, he could start on a few teams in this league imho. Delighted to see him appearing over Brown on depth chart.

I'm v much in the Fluker at RG and Barksdale at RT brigade.

Yeah gordon will be ok, friday morning be very interesting see what he can do in match conditions, I'm hoping Brandon gets a chance he's good pass catcher and can be explosive on the ground remember v jets last season,

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Time to put the Charger head back on me. Its been a long off season. I am full of optimism for the season ahead despite a tough looking schedule but I have no doubt we have the weapons to make the playoffs at least.

Bring it on!!!!

setanta74 wrote: »
    Time to put the Charger head back on me. Its been a long off season. I am full of optimism for the season ahead despite a tough looking schedule but I have no doubt we have the weapons to make the playoffs at least.

Bring it on!!!!

Brilliant!, great to have you back D. I too am optimistic esp about the O. I can see 48-45 score games on our schedule though... I think the D line/pass rush is our Achilles heel and will cost us.

Weddle, Verrett and co. can be the best secondary we've had in years but if the opposition QB has all day even they cannot cover that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Hard to disagree. I like how we look in the secondary (been a while since we could say that ;-) )

You are right though about the pass rush. I would love Ingram to explode this year and do what we all hoped he would. Looking at the rest of the OLB doesnt fill me with confidence and again it is more hope rather than expectation that one of them steps up and makes a name for themselves.

T'eo and Butler concerns me too. On their day I think they can be great but Butler seemed to drop his performance level alarmingly at stages last year. Who else can step up there Conner?..one of the rookies??

I have no doubt PR and his receivers and tight ends will light it up while the running back committee excites me greatly and gives us many options.

Still plenty of reasons for optimism for me but then again I am the eternal optimist.

setanta74 wrote: »
    Hard to disagree. I like how we look in the secondary (been a while since we could say that ;-) )

You are right though about the pass rush. I would love Ingram to explode this year and do what we all hoped he would. Looking at the rest of the OLB doesnt fill me with confidence and again it is more hope rather than expectation that one of them steps up and makes a name for themselves.

T'eo and Butler concerns me too. On their day I think they can be great but Butler seemed to drop his performance level alarmingly at stages last year. Who else can step up there Conner?..one of the rookies??

I have no doubt PR and his receivers and tight ends will light it up while the running back committee excites me greatly and gives us many options.

Still plenty of reasons for optimism for me but then again I am the eternal optimist.

In terms of pass rush all we have is Ingram and (unproven) Attaochu. After those 2 we're talking rookies i.e. Emanuel and say Mueller, looks like Tourek might not make the cut but he is no pass rusher anyway. Law is probably on the bubble too.

In terms of ILB after Butler we've got Perryman. By all accounts Butler is approaching his 2013 form and attitude, seeing will be believing for me. If he is anything like he was in 2014 Perryman will be in there in a flash. Conner is a steady backup to have. I'd be surprised if one of the others makes it at ILB eg. Grant.

Seen highlights from last night Oliver played well took his td well looks a touch quicker then last season, woodhead delighted see him run it in, Gordon was nervous looking but should come with time, pass rush looked a bit poor against first string cowboys oline,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Well great news to wake up to, Rivers signed up for four more years. Most guaranteed money in the history of the nfl.

Advertisement