Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chargers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Guys if he thinks Gordon is a top ten running back then you draft him in the 1st....this whole devaluation of running backs is nonsense.

IF you think you have an LT or AP you draft him in the first, especially if he fills a need,now there is an argument that TT over values the running back position.

I have zero issue with Gordon,he is who I'd pick,i just have a problem with the cost. Also you can't just trade down, you need a trading partner,and a good deal.

Also a guy I really like is Beckham the wide receiver...big character issues but he should fall down in the draft due to him not playing last year,reminds me of Vincent Jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Ilb is needed but I wouldn't mind kicking the tyres on spike, surprised no one picked him up in FA.

Rochey, I think you can get very serviceable backs elsewhere in the draft. Even if he's BPA it doesn't necessarily mean he's a good value pick at 17. TT obviously rates him a lot higher than me but I think round 1 was too early for any RB other than Gurley

Deflated with that pick but the scouts and experts seem to love it.

Could there be a trade for Butler on the horizon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Not what I was expecting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

ilb and cornerback, didn't think we needed cb tho, i like perriman

Yeah they're not two positions i thought we'd be drafting but with Gachkar gone and Butler probably being **** again we only have Te'o and Connors on the roster.
    CB is a head scratcher, we already have 5 on the roster and they were all signed by TT.
    I'd go Smelter in round 5, huge reward for medium risk

OAOB wrote: »
    Yeah they're not two positions i thought we'd be drafting but with Gachkar gone and Butler probably being **** again we only have Te'o and Connors on the roster.
    CB is a head scratcher, we already have 5 on the roster and they were all signed by TT.
    I'd go Smelter in round 5, huge reward for medium risk

I don't mind ilb we were short there and perryman iis a good player for the rooster, but six cbs what they going do with that many 5 was plenty, I haven't any knowledge of anyone left on the board now

One if them corners on the roster could be seen as a safety.

Rochey18 wrote:
    One if them corners on the roster could be seen as a safety.

Either a safety or a bust

• Advertisement

Kyle Emanuel anyone know anything about this olb??

Either a safety or a bust

Nickle with one of our Free agents at safety.

Emanual has a decent amount of sacks will be a back up straight away and should contribute on special teams.

Would fully expect us to be active in free agency BTW roster not near set yet

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Nickle with one of our Free agents at safety.

Emanual has a decent amount of sacks will be a back up straight away and should contribute on special teams.

Would fully expect us to be active in free agency BTW roster not near set yet

Yeah I'm expecting more additions to the olb not sure we have enough cover there or at wr think there be a good few undrafted free agents looked at in case of a gem like Brandon Oliver been missed by anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Still in shock at the 3rd round pick....

Hope it ain't Jonas feckin Mouton all over again.

I don't mind the pick. He had a brilliant East West shrine game and is a complete athlete. I wonder is he looked at as a SS by us.

I like the fact that we got big hitters on defence, it would be nice to see us smashing teams and being the bully.

I like our 6th round pick, he is sized as a DE more the DT but I would like to see him swap with Carrethers on 3rd down

As you guys know Butler and Teo are two of my favourite guys on the team... But this guy Perryman looks to be exactly what we need... Check out his YouTube videos. Unbelievable intensity.

Recommend top ten hits and push ups

Rochey18 wrote: »
    As you guys know Butler and Teo are two of my favourite guys on the team... But this guy Perryman looks to be exactly what we need... Check out his YouTube videos. Unbelievable intensity.

Recommend top ten hits and push ups

I'm a big fan of Teo asweĺl, think butler could be better but I watched videos of Perelman and there good, still can't figure the round 3pick

Butler was horrific in 2014. I'm hoping Nolan can light a fire under his ass but I'm not holding my breath. Perryman is a better ILB right now.

Tom Telesco was doing some serious road showing with Bill the last couple of days. I don't think there was a radio show he was not on in SD. He talked about there being only 7 impact players in this draft (excluding QBs). By impact he meant real difference makers, can change a game. He said Melvin was the last one of the 7 he had in mind, the other 6 had gone before him.

I reckon he meant Fowler, Cooper, White, Beasley, Gurley, Parker and Williams.

Said he was very surprised Rams took Gurley. I reckon he/they were ****ting themselves when Miami were on the clock. Betcha they thought Miami would take Gordon (because they thought Miami would take Gurley). If they had we'd have taken Parker so will be interesting to see how Parker pans out now.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Butler was horrific in 2014. I'm hoping Nolan can light a fire under his ass but I'm not holding my breath. Perryman is a better ILB right now.

Bold statement considering he's never played a down in the NFL.

Lets not forget we were all delighted to resign Butler last year. He was terrible last year but he still easily had the most snaps out of any of our ILBs and even with Perryman on the roster i think he will again this year. He needs to find an aggressive streak, he was afraid to hit players last year

• Advertisement

Bold statement considering he's never played a down in the NFL.

Lets not forget we were all delighted to resign Butler last year. He was terrible last year but he still easily had the most snaps out of any of our ILBs and even with Perryman on the roster i think he will again this year. He needs to find an aggressive streak, he was afraid to hit players last year

LBs coming out of the U are NFL ready, esp this guy. I was happy to see Butler come back on that deal, no doubt about it. But he played like a guy who was taking the money and avoiding pain/injury. If that is who he really is he will not be a Charger for long nevermind a starter.

Towards the end of last season he was out of the lineup more than in it. Kavell Connor saw much more time.

LBs coming out of the U are NFL ready, esp this guy. I was happy to see Butler come back on that deal, no doubt about it. But he played like a guy who was taking the money and avoiding pain/injury. If that is who he really is he will not be a Charger for long nevermind a starter.

Towards the end of last season he was out of the lineup more than in it. Kavell Connor saw much more time.

The U hasn't produced a linebacker of note in the last 5 or 6 years as far as i know. This fella looks good but don't crown him until he does it on Sundays.

I'll wait until Butler has a second bad year before giving up hope completely; there could be extenuating circumstances. Most likely reason is he got too much money and doesn't care but it will all become apparent by his attitude this year

Am i right in thinking the knock on Connors is he's too slow in coverage? I love him as a run stopper, really physical

The U hasn't produced a linebacker of note in the last 5 or 6 years as far as i know. This fella looks good but don't crown him until he does it on Sundays.

I'll wait until Butler has a second bad year before giving up hope completely; there could be extenuating circumstances. Most likely reason is he got too much money and doesn't care but it will all become apparent by his attitude this year

Am i right in thinking the knock on Connors is he's too slow in coverage? I love him as a run stopper, really physical

That's true but this guy will buck that trend... He will be closer to a Ray Lewis/Jon Beason than a Sean Spence say.

Hope you're right. It's time for TT to draft a few pro-bowlers,

The Rams picking Gurley was a real shock to me... they have a great young back in Mason and are in dire need of O line help. I wonder had they done what they should have and picked O line would the Dolphins have picked Gurley?

And if they didn't I'd love to know which of Gurley/Gordon would TT have taken had both been there at 17. The Rams picking Gurley meant we had to move up i.e. I blame the dumb ass Rams front office for costing us our 4th rounder.

The Rams picking Gurley was a real shock to me... they have a great young back in Mason and are in dire need of O line help. I wonder had they done what they should have and picked O line would the Dolphins have picked Gurley?

And if they didn't I'd love to know which of Gurley/Gordon would TT have taken had both been there at 17. The Rams picking Gurley meant we had to move up i.e. I blame the dumb ass Rams front office for costing us our 4th rounder.

Yeah would have been very interesting all right to see who tt picked out of both, i still doubt the texans was interested in gordon, the rams put a nice twist on the draft with gurley that wiĺl be interesting to watch as season unfolds who will be better graded at seasons end Gordon or Gurley, I reckon Gordon far better o lone in san diego to open run lanes for him

tripperman wrote: »
    Yeah would have been very interesting all right to see who tt picked out of both, i still doubt the texans was interested in gordon, the rams put a nice twist on the draft with gurley that wiĺl be interesting to watch as season unfolds who will be better graded at seasons end Gordon or Gurley, I reckon Gordon far better o lone in san diego to open run lanes for him

In that interview TT was kinda asked who would have been his preference and while I can't remember his exact words I and others got the feeling it might have been Gurley. At least all going well healthwise Gordon will be starting for us in September. It'll be October at the earliest before we see Gurley I'd have thought.

In that interview TT was kinda asked who would have been his preference and while I can't remember his exact words I and others got the feeling it might have been Gurley. At least all going well healthwise Gordon will be starting for us in September. It'll be October at the earliest before we see Gurley I'd have thought.

I was thinking it be late October for Gurley Gordon is good to go, I'm trying figure out how the snaps will work out with Gordon woodhead Brown and Oliver

I think Gurley will be playing before October, some people were saying week 1. I still think Gordon will be the better rookie as recovering from an ACL is bound to affect you but i reckon Gurely will end up the best pro. I'd be surprised if either are the top rushing rookie.

Gordon starts with Oliver coming in to give him a breather, Woodhead mostly on 3rd down is the obvious set up. I can't see where Brown fits in the RB rotation apart from backup to the other 3.

• Advertisement

I think Gurley will be playing before October, some people were saying week 1. I still think Gordon will be the better rookie as recovering from an ACL is bound to affect you but i reckon Gurely will end up the best pro. I'd be surprised if either are the top rushing rookie.

Gordon starts with Oliver coming in to give him a breather, Woodhead mostly on 3rd down is the obvious set up. I can't see where Brown fits in the RB rotation apart from backup to the other 3.

Donald Brown has to be a goner esp if cutting him past/before X date does not cost us too much.

Advertisement