Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provincial Schools thread 2012-2013 *MOD WARNING POST 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

fox_1973 wrote: »
    Leinster schools u18 in action again tonight in France....Leinster 52 Dax 14, sorry again, no links available yet for the team but did feature 5 Terenure players

Paddy Thornton
    Harrison Brewer
    Billy Dardis
    Tim Schmidt
    Robert Lawlor

Also Leinster U19 v Connacht U19 meet on Friday 6pm @ North Kildare Rugby Club, should be a good game
    Leinsters u19 team for that game against connacht has been named
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/10219

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Leinster schools u18 in action again tonight in France....Leinster 52 Dax 14, sorry again, no links available yet for the team but did feature 5 Terenure players

Paddy Thornton
    Harrison Brewer
    Billy Dardis
    Tim Schmidt
    Robert Lawlor

Also Leinster U19 v Connacht U19 meet on Friday 6pm @ North Kildare Rugby Club, should be a good game

Make sure daddy's boy is included! :D

Only joking. I saw him once or twice and he looks a talented player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Conor Kilcoyne at hooker? weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

Also Leinster U19 v Connacht U19 meet on Friday 6pm @ North Kildare Rugby Club, should be a good game[/QUOTE]
    And Leinster U19 (White) play Leinster Youths today in Coolmine RFC @ 3pm.

Munster u18 schools play London Irish Amatuer u18s sunday in Sunbury
    Munster U18 Schools Squad: (Forwards) Liam O'Connor, Sean McNulty, Luke O'Halloran, Mike O'Donnell, Liam McMahon, Denis O'Connell, Frank Bradshaw Ryan, Dylan Lane, Stephen McCarthy, Morgan Carey, David St. Ledger, Ben Kilkenny, Jack Boland, Cormac Blake. (Backs) Ben Riley, Ed Barry, Gearoid Lyons, Conor Flanagan, Steve McMahon, Edward O'Keefe, Thomas Quinlan, Robbie Deegan, JJ O'Neill, Greg O'Shea, Aidan Moynihan, Stephen Fitzgerald
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/10710

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rugbyman2015

Caught the tail end of 19 whites vs youths. Looks like youths won based on reaction at the end. Not much from what I saw, wet and error strewn game.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Leinster u19 18 - Connacht 15

Unfortuanetly, I never made it to the game :(.....but from talking to guys at it, it was a very close affair, Connacht leading for most of the game and missing a penalty in the dying minutes to equalise, Leinster scored two tries Stephan O' Neill with one of them and not sure yet who the other scorer was (Ormand Lad, Im trying to find out how Sam Sterling played)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

Caught
    the tail end of 19 whites vs youths. Looks like youths won based on reaction at the end. Not much from what I saw, wet and error strewn game.
    The youths won it well. It became very scrappy towards the end as it was well won. Think the final score was 30-15.

Unfortuanetly, I never made it to the game :(.....but from talking to guys at it, it was a very close affair, Connacht leading for most of the game and missing a penalty in the dying minutes to equalise, Leinster scored two tries Stephan O' Neill with one of them and not sure yet who the other scorer was (Ormond Lad, Im trying to find out how Sam Sterling played)
    Good win for Leinster. Interpro game in few weeks will be very good. If you can find anything on how S Sterling did it'd be great
    BigHeel wrote: »
    The youths won it well. It became very scrappy towards the end as it was well won. Think the final score was 30-15.
    Good win for youths against a side a year older. Is the leinster 19s white side up online anywhere? as the 19s white and u18 schools teams were not named on the leinster website yesterday with the other leinster sides

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

Munster Youths beat Ospreys 17-5 today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

ormond lad wrote: »

Unfortuanetly, I never made it to the game :(.....but from talking to guys at it, it was a very close affair, Connacht leading for most of the game and missing a penalty in the dying minutes to equalise, Leinster scored two tries Stephan O' Neill with one of them and not sure yet who the other scorer was (Ormond Lad, Im trying to find out how Sam Sterling played)
    Good win for Leinster. Interpro game in few weeks will be very good. If you can find anything on how S Sterling did it'd be great
    BigHeel wrote: »
    Good win for youths against a side a year older. Is the leinster 19s white side up online anywhere? as the 19s white and u18 schools teams were not named on the leinster website yesterday with the other leinster sides
    Great win for them, I know the whites are finding it hard to get a few games before the pros, would love to see the team sheet cos there's a few big names there

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Vanilla_Ice

How old are the people posting in this thread? Imo its really creepy if you're more than five years out of school and yet you keep a watchful eye on the training and progress of 17 and 18 y/o school boys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

How old are the people posting in this thread? Imo its really creepy if you're more than five years out of school and yet you keep a watchful eye on the training and progress of 17 and 18 y/o school boys

Phew, just made it!

As for all you other dust bags, you should be ashamed!
    044b8229-e403-4473-a8a1-b7e98c1074ad.jpg

Hagz wrote: »
    Phew, just made it!

As for all you other dust bags, you should be ashamed!
    044b8229-e403-4473-a8a1-b7e98c1074ad.jpg
    By no means suggesting one shouldnt show support for one's alma mater when it comes to cup time, but the obsession most posters seem to have with these tournaments is odd, especially if these posters are long out of the schools system.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

People are bound to have an interest in future hopefuls of the sport.

And if you ask certain people a schools game with everything to play for can be far more entertaining than an international match.

You'd also have to consider the amount of posters here that would have connections to clubs, schools, coaching, following form and whatnot.

Frankly what I would have an issue with is anyone trying to tar all the posters here as 'creepy' without knowing their involvement with the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

If you think this is creepy, you would hate college sports in the US

Match report is up on leinster rugby now
    www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/10222

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Are Leinster schools playing today?

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Are Leinster schools playing today?
    they were i think.
    Michael Corcoran(@lemachine) tweeted this afternoon
    Watching the #LeinsterU18 play in Donnybrook, without bias or cliche few prospects at 6,12,13 & 15. What's new.

Munster u18 schools play London Irish Amatuer u18s sunday in Sunbury
    Munster U18 Schools Squad: (Forwards) Liam O'Connor, Sean McNulty, Luke O'Halloran, Mike O'Donnell, Liam McMahon, Denis O'Connell, Frank Bradshaw Ryan, Dylan Lane, Stephen McCarthy, Morgan Carey, David St. Ledger, Ben Kilkenny, Jack Boland, Cormac Blake. (Backs) Ben Riley, Ed Barry, Gearoid Lyons, Conor Flanagan, Steve McMahon, Edward O'Keefe, Thomas Quinlan, Robbie Deegan, JJ O'Neill, Greg O'Shea, Aidan Moynihan, Stephen Fitzgerald
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/10710
    Munster won 40-31

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    Frankly what I would have an issue with is anyone trying to tar all the posters here as 'creepy' without knowing their involvement with the game.

I only bring it up because im in the leinster underage set up myself and ive seen my name pop up a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I only bring it up because im in the leinster underage set up myself and ive seen my name pop up a few times.

That's fine. In fact, myself, the other mods, the c-mods and the admin have already discussed the issue of discussing players in the underage setup.

Let me be on the record for saying that any and all discussion of underage players is currently heavily moderated - and not just on this forum - for obvious reasons.

Any unfair comments - in either a negative or positive - regarding underage players will be deleted from any threads. We haven't made much noise on this but you can be assured that is the case.

As always, the list of active mods are on the bottom of the forum, and so are the category mods. If anyone has any issues regarding any of the above or just want to contact us just drop us a PM. We'll respond fairly quickly, our door is always open if you will.

Are coaches "creepy" too? How about school teachers? Parents?`

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Ok back on topic please.

ulster u19s played northamptons academy yesterday with northampton winning 54-5 http://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/rugby/match/6365.php

the northampton side was fairly close to the side that leinsters 19s beat 30-27 almost 2 weeks ago

ulster u19s played northamptons academy yesterday with northampton winning 54-5 http://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/rugby/match/6365.php

the northampton side was fairly close to the side that leinsters 19s beat 30-27 almost 2 weeks ago

Is it fair to say the English sides would have a physical advantage in terms of being in their academies from a fairly early age?

profitius wrote: »
    Is it fair to say the English sides would have a physical advantage in terms of being in their academies from a fairly early age?
    In many cases yes but the difference isnt as big as it had been a couple of years ago

Leinster have all their interpro fixtures up online now
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/10239.php

Munster 19s play Connacht in st senans rfc tomorrow at 6.30pm
    Munster XV: David Johnston (Rockwell College), Cillian Ansbro (Youghal), Dan Goggin (St.Munchins College), Ned Hodson (Midleton), Ronan McKenna (Ard Scoil Ris), Shane Airey (St. Munchins College) (Vice Captain), Ryan Foley (Christian Brothers College), Charlie Slowey (Christian Brothers College), Ben Burns (Castletroy College), Rory Burke (Christian Brothers College), Patrick Kearns (Ard Scoil Ris), Darragh Moloney (Christian Brothers College), Diarmuid Dee (Christian Brothers College), Sonny Dwyer (Rockwell College) (Captain), Lee Nicholas (St. Munchins College). Replacements: Aaron Atkinson (Garryowen), Greg Barry (Crescent College Comprehensive), Liam Cronin (Castletroy College), Jack Dinneen (Crescent College Comprehensive), Conor Glynn (Ard Scoil Ris), Seamus Keating (Dungarvan), JJ McDonnell (Castletroy College), Cormac O’Donnell (St. Munchins College), Killian O’Keeffe (Crosshaven), Oisin O’Meara (Kilfeacle), Tom Ryan (Glenstal Abbey School), Aidan Slattery (Presentation Brothers College), Stephen Dalton (Exiles).

Connacht: (Forwards) Joe Bercis, Paul O’Donnell, Scott Flanagan, Saba Meunargia, Diarmuid O’Dowd-Hill, Shane Boyle, Sam McCormack, Eddie Connell, Jacob Walsh, Ross Mooney, Dan McArdle, Cormac Keane, Daragh Foley, Eoin Morrissey, Paul Hackett, James O’Hehir.
    (Backs) Robbie Mullen, Reuben Pepperhobbs, Eoghan O’Reilly, Andrew McAleer, Matthew Mellotte, Ben Carty, Caolan Blade, Dylan McGagh, Ian Costigan, Dylan Carpentar, Rory Paratta, Aidan Butler, Colm Egan.
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/10749.php
    surprised there isnt more youths players starting for munster
    there is a couple of players from munster now with connacht; dylan mcgagh, rory parata

match report from some of connachts u18 warm up game v exiles is below
    http://domestic.connachtrugby.ie/201208292279/exile-u18-22-connacht-u18-17

mrpdap wrote: »
    Interesting piece on the back page of d'Echo re changes to Munster Senior Cup from 13/14 season.
    Players will have to have been enrolled for at least one school year before they are eligible to play in The Cup.
    May prevent schools enticing players in but unfair to a player who changes school of his own accord.
    schools in uproar about it according to piece in examiner today http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/munster-schools-in-revolt-205989.html
    really dont feel for the schools at all. they actually whinge in the article that it resticts kids from playing which is quite hypocritical when they already do that by making such big panels and stopping kids on the fringes of tthse panels play for their clubs

• Advertisement

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/10242.php
    leinster 19s whites beat DLSP 21s yesterday 34-5
    of the names of scorers only recognise 1, jack feeney who converted a couple of the trys. he's a 10 from roscrea rfc. havent seen him play much but from what i remember he has a very good boot of the ball and excellant deadball kicker

Advertisement