Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provincial Schools thread 2012-2013 *MOD WARNING POST 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

someone like Collins might not be ready now, but he has potential.

Hard to know how much but we would be daft not to try and develop him more and see what might develop there.

With the limited talent coming through at lock we need to make sure we don't over look guys who might be light and unpolished coming out of school.

Yeah if a lad is 6'8-6'9 like Collins, he needs to be exposed to a weights programme and a professional enviroment asap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

Yeah if a lad is 6'8-6'9 like Collins, he needs to be exposed to a weights programme and a professional enviroment asap.

Totally agree.

Especially with us running that route 6'6 project a few years back.

Collins might not even be 18 yet, imagine in 3 years time what he might be.

lurtz wrote: »
    yeah the getting rid of a 19s squad is a huge blow. Bear in mind Tadhg Beirne played 19s 2nds and is now in the academy so good players do come through there. think Jack Dwan could be a useful addition to the 19s this year. The other 2nd rows playing in the trial were some tall skinny lad from knock who's played the last two years and robbie collins from cwc,who's an absoulte giant but not much meat on him

Eoin Murphy, i believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Munster 19s played Crescent senior cup winning side at the weekend. Crescent won 12-5 http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/11832.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

yeah the getting rid of a 19s squad is a huge blow. Bear in mind Tadhg Beirne played 19s 2nds and is now in the academy so good players do come through there. think Jack Dwan could be a useful addition to the 19s this year. The other 2nd rows playing in the trial were some tall skinny lad from knock who's played the last two years and robbie collins from cwc,who's an absoulte giant but not much meat on him

And Hugo Diepman was playing in the trial as well. Similar player to Beirne in a lot of ways.

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me where the Leinster squads train over the summer? Munster since last summer have all but the A schools squad training in Rockwell and before that all the squads trained in several locations across the province. Just wondering where they do actually train.

ormond lad wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where the Leinster squads train over the summer? Munster since last summer have all but the A schools squad training in Rockwell and before that all the squads trained in several locations across the province. Just wondering where they do actually train.

Leinster 20's last summer were based in Donnybrook for weights and Bird Avenue/Anglesea/Donnybrook for training. 19's were in Terenure College gym and pitches all summer and then when school year started, used Donnybrook for weights and Anglesea Road for training.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭wise7

Leinster 20's last summer were based in Donnybrook for weights and Bird Avenue/Anglesea/Donnybrook for training. 19's were in Terenure College gym and pitches all summer and then when school year started, used Donnybrook for weights and Anglesea Road for training.

18's use terenure as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Leinster5

Anybody know when the Leinster u18 and u20 squads are picked?

Leinster5 wrote: »
    Squads In process of being picked. Games being played over last week or two that will help decide places in squads. Leinster don't announce their squads until august so nobody will know who exactly is in the squads until late summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

all the squads are finalised mid may and the lads are let know that their training will begin at start of july

all the squads are finalised mid may and the lads are let know that their training will begin at start of july
    Thanks, if anyone finds out these squads before they are publicly posted by the Leinster Branch, please post them up on this.

Update on Leinster u20 squad :

St. Michaels
    -Daniel Leavy, Rory O'Loughlin, Cian Kelleher, Richie Allen, Ross Molony, Josh Murphy, Denis Coulson, Ross Byrne & Nick McCarthy

Blackrock
    -Peter Robb, Sean Coughlan

Clongowes
    -Peadar Timmins

Terenure
    -Robert Summerville, Billy Dardis, Stephen O'Neill & Harrison Brewer

Others :
    -Shane Delahunt, Jack O'Neill, Conor McKeon & Rory Maloney

That's all my friend(involved in Leinster coaching set-up) could cough up earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 breffnimartin1

any story on U19s?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

St. Michaels
    -Daniel Leavy, Rory O'Loughlin, Cian Kelleher, Richie Allen, Ross Molony, Josh Murphy, Denis Coulson, Ross Byrne & Nick McCarthy

Blackrock

Clongowes
    -Peadar Timmins

Terenure

Others :

That's all my friend(involved in Leinster coaching set-up) could cough up earlier.

You sure that's right? Seems to be a lot of players going directly from 18's to 20's?

pretty interesting,

Byrne and McKeon in the same squad doesn't seem like a smart thing.

Murphy, Byrne, Brewer, Dardis, McCarthy and Moloney would all be skipping u19 level this way.

Quint2010 wrote: »
    You sure that's right? Seems to be a lot of players going directly from 18's to 20's?
    Well the coach was saying that none of the players wanted to play 19's as it's built up a bad reputation as of late. Several players are skipping 19's level to play 20's.

Well the coach was saying that none of the players wanted to play 19's as it's built up a bad reputation as of late. Several players are skipping 19's level to play 20's.

Pretty sure its got nothing to do with the player "wanting to play 20's". If they 20's need them they'll take them. The 19's is a good setup, few clubs players get in that really shouldn't be there and some schools players too realistically, but its a developmental year.

this year's 19s is a pretty deep group, so pushing the elite up to 20s which isn't as deep makes sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Younger

St. Michaels

Blackrock

Clongowes
    -Peadar Timmins

Terenure

Others :

Plus from Belvedere Ivan Soroka (prop) and Gerard Young (centre)

• Advertisement

Younger wrote: »
    Plus from Belvedere Ivan Soroka (prop) and Gerard Young (centre)

guessed ger young would get something after that screamer of a try,very tidy footballer

Leinster 20 squad :

Props : Oisin Heffernen, Denis Coulson, Eoin McKeever, Ivan Soroka, Craig Trenier & Peter Dooley

Hookers : Shane Delahunt, Richie Allen & Dylan Donnellen

2nd Rows : Ross Molony, Josh Murphy & Rob Summerville

Back Row : Daniel Leavy, Sean Coughlan, Rory Moloney, Peadar Timmins & Jack O'Neill

Scrum Halfs : Nick McCarthy, Dermot Lavelle & Peter Maher

Out Halfs : Conor McKeon, Ross Byrne & Stephen O'Neill

Centres : Peter Robb, Rory O'Loughlin, Harrison Brewer, Sebastian Fromm & Ger Young

Back Three : Billy Dardis, Cian Kelleher, Adam Byrne & Ian Fitzpatrick

Pretty sure that's all who are involved, might be 2 or 3 that I've missed. Predictions for the summer squad of 23?

Leinster 20 squad :

Props : Oisin Heffernen, Denis Coulson, Eoin McKeever, Ivan Soroka, Craig Trenier & Peter Dooley

Back Row : Daniel Leavy, Sean Coughlan, Rory Moloney, Peadar Timmins & Jack O'Neill

Centres : Peter Robb, Rory O'Loughlin, Harrison Brewer, Sebastian Fromm & Ger Young

Pretty sure that's all who are involved, might be 2 or 3 that I've missed. Predictions for the summer squad of 23?

Dooley, Delahunt, Heffernan, Ross Molony, Peadar Timmons, Leavy at 8, Moloney at 7 and O'Neill at 6. McCarthy, McKeon, O'Loughlin and Brewer, CK, Byrne and Dardis

Then a bench of Allen, Soroka, McKeever/Coulsen, Murphy, Coughlan, Lavelle, Byrne, and Fitzpatrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Rob Somerville I presume?...can you ask your mate to check the spellings, we know all the confusion with maloney and malony :)

fox_1973 wrote: »

Rob Somerville I presume?...can you ask your mate to check the spellings, we know all the confusion with maloney and malony :)

I'll send on your criticism of his poor spelling.

Leinster 20 squad :

hardly any clubs players,thought gardiner from gorey wouldve made it. Large amount going straight from 18s, good to get more lads involved at u19s I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

hardly any clubs players,thought gardiner from gorey wouldve made it. Large amount going straight from 18s, good to get more lads involved at u19s I suppose

Strong squad, I think it's better that they're skipping 19s I don't think it was providing the right atmosphere the last two seasons if I'm being honest. I think the squad itself is a pretty fair reflection of the current powerhouses of Leinster rugby.

Strong squad, I think it's better that they're skipping 19s I don't think it was providing the right atmosphere the last two seasons if I'm being honest. I think the squad itself is a pretty fair reflection of the current powerhouses of Leinster rugby.

please elaborate

always great to see people getting rewarded for cup performances,like AIL players getting contracts. Richie allen had a fantastic cup run,seb fromm has been one of the standout backs in 2 years in the cup, trenier has been very solid for nure this year and as an impact sub last year and Belvo put up such a performance against nure in the first round that it was hard not to see some being involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

I'll send on your criticism of his poor spelling.

It's not poor spelling. It's somebodies surname

Advertisement