Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provincial Schools thread 2012-2013 *MOD WARNING POST 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭stellenbosch

funtime93 wrote: »
    Alex Penny at second row?No James Ryan?

James Ryan will be U18 next year again. Alex Penny is a 7.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

TheTalk wrote: »
    What you mean your not going to start?
    Tosser.

you don't have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭TheTalk

Tell me how I don't have a clue?

Yeah I forgot about Michael Courtney apologies.
    I thought Alex penny played a couple of matches 2nd row for leinster?
    Ringrose has made a greater impact in the cup than O'Loughlin or Robb did and tbh kicking wasn't the only part of his game and for ****s sake didn't I say it was close?
    Who would be suggestions for another talented leinster u19 second row?
    I'd therefore start Courtney at 13 ahead of Leavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Ringrose has made a greater impact in the cup than O'Loughlin or Robb did and tbh kicking wasn't the only part of his game and for ****s sake didn't I say it was close?

Alex Penny never played second row for the schools side. He was the sub back rower. O'Loughlin was absolutely pivotal in Michaels winning the cup last year, scoring the winner in the semi final as well. Ringrose is reliable off the tee and took his try well in the final, but O'Loughlin is a far better player in terms of a class 13. I think James Ryan is still 18's so I'm not sure so, but Rory Moloney perhaps, Josh Murphy?

• Advertisement

Id have Rory Moloney on the u20s at second row.
    James Ryan will be 18s again this year.
    I can fairly evaluate that there is little depth in the 2nd row position.

Id have Rory Moloney on the u20s at second row.
    James Ryan will be 18s again this year.
    I can fairly evaluate that there is little depth in the 2nd row position.

Well if the 19's need him more then he'll be playing 19's. That's why Adam Byrne was playing 19's last summer, as they felt it would be beneficial to him and to the team to have him there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

I'd therefore start Courtney at 13 ahead of Leavy.
    Some Youths players may be involved. Colm Joyce Ahearne in the second row could def be an option for 19s.
    funtime93 wrote: »
    Ringrose is just a place kicker.Im afraid you need far more than just that after school.Robb and O'Loughlin are far better centres.They will be the Irish 20's centres next year if Brewer goes back to 8.
    Ringrose is not just a place kicker. Id pick likes of Robb and O Loughlin ahead of him but to say he is just a place kicker is very unfair on the kid.
    Rory Parata and Dan Goggin will push Robb and O Loughlin in the centre next season for Ireland.
    Leinster u20s team next year
    1 Peter Dooley
    2 Shane Delanhunt
    3 Eoghan McKeever
    4 Ross Moloney
    5 Rory Molony
    6 Peadar Timmons
    7 Dan Leavy (c)
    8 Harrison Brewer (He Must go back)
    9 Nick McCarthy
    10 Conor Mckeon
    11 Cian Kelleher
    12 Sebastian Fromm
    13 Garry Ringrose
    14 Adam Byrne
    15 Billy Dardis

Subs:
    Dylan Donnelan
    Dennis Coulson
    Stephen Keelan
    Jack O'Neill
    Peter Robb
    Ian Fitzpatrick
    Rory O'Loughlin

Harrison Brewer needs to go back at 8.
    I think it's very close between Rory O'Loughlin and Garry Ringrose, but his place kicking gives him the edge.
    If he kicked against England ireland would've won.
    Don't see how Ringrose ability to place kick would put him ahead of OLoughlin who is the better all round player and going on if he had kicked against England is not relevant. He wasn't picked in the first place.
    Think there will be more youths players involved in 20s poss Brian Cunningham now with Lansdowne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

As I said Hugo Diepman may be a surprise in the row. Got plenty of gameplan on Saturday.

ormond lad wrote: »
    Some Youths players may be involved. Colm Joyce Ahearne in the second row could def be an option for 19s.

Ringrose is not just a place kicker. Id pick likes of Robb and O Loughlin ahead of him but to say he is just a place kicker is very unfair on the kid.
    Rory Parata and Dan Goggin will push Robb and O Loughlin in the centre next season for Ireland.

Don't see how Ringrose ability to place kick would put him ahead of OLoughlin who is the better all round player and going on if he had kicked against England is not relevant. He wasn't picked in the first place.
    Think there will be more youths players involved in 20s poss Brian Cunningham now with Lansdowne

Rumor has it that Brian Cunningham has been guaranteed by Ruddock to be playing Ireland 20's next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

What you mean your not going to start?
    Tosser.

Banned.
    you don't have a clue.

Improve the quality of your posts. If you have an opinion, lets hear it, instead of just accusing other posters of 'not having a clue' etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

Rumor has it that Brian Cunningham has been guaranteed by Ruddock to be playing Ireland 20's next season.

Like coming on to hear the odd rumour but not even Ruddock can "guarantee" anyone a place on the Irish U20's and personally I don't think that any manager would do that. No player no matter how good should be guaranteed a place.

Stanza2 wrote: »
    Like coming on to hear the odd rumour but not even Ruddock can "guarantee" anyone a place on the Irish U20's and personally I don't think that any manager would do that. No player no matter how good should be guaranteed a place.

This is a pretty reliable source I'm hearing this from. Cunningham went to him to talk to him about getting more opportunities at Lansdowne and he was told that he would get his opportunities at 20's.

Rory Moloney is 6'2/6'3 he isn't a second row so he will hardly be playing there at under 20 level.

Alex Penny is 6'1, he is a 7. He will also not be playing second row at under 19 level.

There is nothing to suggest Brewer will be moving back to a 8, and even if he did he won't be a u20 there.

Ringrose over O'loughlin is daft. One is a Irish u19 player and the other hasn't even played an inter pro game for leinster

Rory Moloney is 6'2/6'3 he isn't a second row so he will hardly be playing there at under 20 level.

Alex Penny is 6'1, he is a 7. He will also not be playing second row at under 19 level.

There is nothing to suggest Brewer will be moving back to a 8, and even if he did he won't be a u20 there.

Ringrose over O'loughlin is daft. One is a Irish u19 player and the other hasn't even played an inter pro game for leinster

Yeah I dunno where the idea of Brewer going back to 8 came from. Moloney will probably be at 7 for Leinster 20's. Or second row and use Timmons as the other lineout operator along with Ross Moloney and Rory Moloney at the back. Possibility of Timmons being used as a second rower, played there against Ireland 20's.

Possible Leinster u20 side next year

1. Peter Dooley
    2. Shane Delahunt
    3. Brian Cunningham
    4. Ross Molony
    5. Stephen Gardiner
    6. Dan Leavy
    7. Jack O'Neill
    8. Peadar Timmins
    9. Dermot Lavelle
    10. Conor McKeon
    11. Ian Fitzpatrick
    12. Peter Robb
    13. Rory O'Loughlin
    14. Adam Byrne
    15. Cian Kelleher

Possible under 19 Leinster Team next year

1. Jeremy Loughman
    2. Andrew Roche
    3. Oisin Heffernan
    4. David O'Connor
    5. Jack Dwan
    6. Josh Murphy
    7. Rory Moloney
    8. Nick Timoney
    9. Charlie Rock
    10. Ross Byrne
    11. James McCormack
    12. Harrison Brewer
    13. Fergal Cleary
    14. Cormac Brennan
    15. Billy Dardis

Wouldn't be surprised to see Dardis skip straight to under 20 level.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Kelleher strikes me as a good athlete but I have never really been impressed with him at all. Even when he has had good games I just can't see a future for him beyond school. Dardis on the other hand could be a star

Tox56 wrote: »
    Kelleher strikes me as a good athlete but I have never really been impressed with him at all. Even when he has had good games I just can't see a future for him beyond school. Dardis on the other hand could be a star

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

keep an eye on kelleher..he could be,going places ;)

• Advertisement

lurtz wrote: »
    keep an eye on kelleher..he could be,going places ;)

Connacht?

Possible Leinster u20 side next year

1. Peter Dooley
    2. Shane Delahunt
    3. Brian Cunningham
    4. Ross Molony
    5. Stephen Gardiner
    6. Dan Leavy
    7. Jack O'Neill
    8. Peadar Timmins
    9. Dermot Lavelle
    10. Conor McKeon
    11. Ian Fitzpatrick
    12. Peter Robb
    13. Rory O'Loughlin
    14. Adam Byrne
    15. Cian Kelleher

Is Stephen Gardiner the second row from Gorey or that neck of the woods? Played 19's Whites last summer?

Is Stephen Gardiner the second row from Gorey or that neck of the woods? Played 19's Whites last summer?

yeah. He is very good, couldn't really think of another obvious choice.

yeah. He is very good, couldn't really think of another obvious choice.

He's a fantastic player, couldn't see why he wasn't on the Blues squad last year, far better than that lad Hickey from Kilkenny.

He's a fantastic player, couldn't see why he wasn't on the Blues squad last year, far better than that lad Hickey from Kilkenny.

All of 6'6 aswell, one man wrecking ball in the south east the last few years.

Plays for Gorey's men first team now, pretty sure he is still in school.

All of 6'6 aswell, one man wrecking ball in the south east the last few years.

Plays for Gorey's men first team now, pretty sure he is still in school.

yeah he was only in 5th year last summer so it'd be 6th year. He's a powerhouse alright. Good to see a Youths lad getting some recognition.

yeah he was only in 5th year last summer so it'd be 6th year. He's a powerhouse alright. Good to see a Youths lad getting some recognition.

He is pretty raw, got all the tools though.

Would be hopeful he won't be overlooked for the squad at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

It's a real shame we will only have one U19 squad this years.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

yeah the getting rid of a 19s squad is a huge blow. Bear in mind Tadhg Beirne played 19s 2nds and is now in the academy so good players do come through there. think Jack Dwan could be a useful addition to the 19s this year. The other 2nd rows playing in the trial were some tall skinny lad from knock who's played the last two years and robbie collins from cwc,who's an absoulte giant but not much meat on him

• Advertisement

someone like Collins might not be ready now, but he has potential.

Hard to know how much but we would be daft not to try and develop him more and see what might develop there.

With the limited talent coming through at lock we need to make sure we don't over look guys who might be light and unpolished coming out of school.

Advertisement