Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Society interested in a ryder cup format?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭The Aul Switcharoo

In for the game. How much for the game? Bout the only weekend I have off in the next couple of months!

I know not many of the new boardsies know me because I couldn't get out for the society but I did play in the matchplay a couple of years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

charlieIRL wrote: »
    To be confirmed - but we are looking at around the 10am mark, maybe a little later.

Ok I'll test the waters this evening and let you know tonight.

cheers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

In for the game. How much for the game? Bout the only weekend I have off in the next couple of months!

I know not many of the new boardsies know me because I couldn't get out for the society but I did play in the matchplay a couple of years ago

Hi, we're back up to the required 12 again but have you on the reserve list. Keep an eye on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Do you need a few pounds for the deposit or anything Charlie?

No we're grand. Spot is booked for 10am.

Getting excited now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

No we're grand. Spot is booked for 10am.

Getting excited now!!
    Charlie has it been decided what format it will be i.e singles or fourballs and have the teams been picked

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

Could you post the format and full 12 players when you get the chance? Thanks

Lads, monumental feck up on my behalf. We have too many players for the game on saturday because I can't add.:o

On my list who replied that they could definately play are:
    CharlieIRL
    Keano a Legend
    pistolpetes11
    scubapro
    link_2007
    ssbob
    blallyK
    Super_freddie
    Freemount09
    Kiers47
    Golfgraffix
    Ben1977
    Dennisoc16

with reserves of:
    The Auld Switcharoo
    Blockic
    Dufflecoatsunri
    dines08

Sorry about this, and as its my blunder I'm willing to take my name off the list and let ye fire ahead.

Format is fourball and first on the tee is 10am sharp. Cost is €40 per head and food is extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

Best of luck on the day lads, enjoy it. Would of had to rule myself out had I made the cut anyway. Have to work Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Charlie, you can take my name off and play away yourself. I am heading off on holiday on the Sunday and am up to my eyes in work so could do with putting in a few hours on the Saturday so I can get stuff finished before I go.

• Advertisement

Cheers Link. Back to 12 again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

We will be playing fourball.

Teams are as follows - subject to change ;)

CharlieIRL
    Keano A Legend

Super_freddie
    Freemount09

Golfgraffix
    ballyK

scubapro
    Ben1977

Kiers47
    Ssbob

denisoc16
    pistolpetes11

If you cannot make the event we need to know yesterday :pac:

Edit: You will be playing off your society handicap. If you club handicap is higher tough but if it's lower you need to tell us because when I find out ... I will kill you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭blockic

No probs charlie.

I'm only over the road anyway so if you have any last minute withdrawals gimme a shout and I should be able to make it..

CharlieIRL
    Keano A Legend

Super_freddie
    Freemount09

Golfgraffix
    ballyK

scubapro
    Ben1977

Kiers47
    Ssbob

denisoc16
    pistolpetes11

Edit: You will be playing off your society handicap. If you club handicap is higher tough but if it's lower you need to tell us because when I find out ... I will kill you :P

Any chance I can go out in the last group lads?

Ben1977 wrote: »

CharlieIRL
    Keano A Legend

Super_freddie
    Freemount09

Golfgraffix
    ballyK

scubapro
    Ben1977

Kiers47
    Ssbob

denisoc16
    pistolpetes11

Any chance I can go out in the last group lads?

No problem at all Ben. These are only the groups. We'll work with everyone on what times suits all

Actually, while we are here. Can all say here what time is preferred?

First group will be away at 10:00 am sharp and presumably every 10 minutes after that.

If possible, can as many be there before the first group head out so we can meet the opposition? All of us know who we are by now.

And lastly, how many are hanging around after for a bite to eat.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I'll be staying for food.

Oh and as your captain you are all to pray to Ian Poulter on Friday night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Actually, while we are here. Can all say here what time is preferred?

First group will be away at 10:00 am sharp and presumably every 10 minutes after that.

If possible, can as many be there before the first group head out so we can meet the opposition? All of us know who we are by now.

And lastly, how many are hanging around after for a bite to eat.

I'm fairly flexible timewise. Dublin to Carlow is a short enough trip.

I'll be staying around for food afterwards.

Novenas to Ian Poulter will be starting earlier than Friday night I reckon! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Anytime is good for me and i will be hanging around.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭super_freddie

Hi,

I'll be hanging around for grub afterwards. I'll try to be there by 10am but if you could slot me in for one of the later tee-times just in case, that would be great. It's about 2 - 2.5 hours to Carlow for me, similar for other half of the team Freemount09 if I'm not mistaken so probably makes sense.

All ready for Saturday morning, I've had Rory McIlroy's alarm clock flown in specially :-)

super_freddie.

• Advertisement

2.5 hour drive for me too! Gonna be another long day but looking forward to it.

Will we do a timesheet for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

2.5 hour drive for me too! Gonna be another long day but looking forward to it.

Will we do a timesheet for this?

Guys do we have the handicaps of the opposing team and are we going to be pairing up with similar handicaps

scubapro wrote: »
    Guys do we have the handicaps of the opposing team and are we going to be pairing up with similar handicaps

they range from 9 to 21 and we will be putting our groups out as close to the others as possible.

Ya, I'll be hanging around for a bit of food.

Just hoping my playing partner has big shoulders to carry me!!!

Well lads, after a bit of deliberation and some jigging around here are our teams v opposing teams which we propose to send out to battle on saturday.

We've looked at them and they seem the fairest.

Any comments or anyone need a switch?

Lads my GUI HC is 13

Lads my GUI HC is 13

aye, but you got 0.5 back for the captains day!;)

CharlieIRL
    Keano A Legend

Super_freddie
    Freemount09

Golfgraffix
    ballyK

scubapro
    Ben1977

Kiers47
    Ssbob

denisoc16
    pistolpetes11

Hi CharlieIRL,

Can you hold back Keano!!

Hi CharlieIRL,

Can you hold back Keano!!

Nah, let him off. We have a few lads in reserve if he kills any of ye!!!!!!:D:D

• Advertisement

Only other thing we need from each player on the day is additional a few euro to cover the cost of the trophy, 3 euro from us all should cover it.

Advertisement