Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Society interested in a ryder cup format?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

link_2007 wrote: »
    I'd be up for it if you're stuck for numbers

Good stuff.
    dines08 wrote: »
    Ye looking for Boards Society members only Keano? If not then I'd be up for it if ye are stuck for 12

I've seen you swing a club, I'm adding you to our team!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Would love to play in this as well but I am in College Fri and Sat's so these days are out for me! Cant play in the Society dates that fall on a Fri or Sat as well :(
    M
    I don't think it will be till October if that suits?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

Lol plenty of time to learn how to play so:D

So we have

Me
    pistolpetes11
    charlieIRL
    scubapro
    link2007
    dines08

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

6 more and a few subs and we are sorted. C'mon lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

charlieIRL wrote: »
    6 more and a few subs and we are sorted. C'mon lads.

If it's not on until October it might suit me so I'll throw my hat in the ring!! 5 more to go now!!!

Just has a chat with the enemy other side.

We would be looking at maybe the weekend of 13/14 of October or if that does not suit then we'd be go back to the last weekend in September.

It would only just be one day. They can bring more than 12 if needed but if we can get 12 commits then we'd stick with that. So I know it's far away now but if you can commit to both day's please post in this thread.

Now to the venue, as we are blessed with so many great courses we can pick some great places and if we play in October rates come way down. One course we spoke about and I know from reading threads that people would love to play is Old Head. We think it can be got for €75 during this time.

Nothing is set in stone and we have a lot of organising to do but this could turn into something very enjoyable and boards could be Ryder Cup winners 2012!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Just has a chat with the enemy other side.

We would be looking at maybe the weekend of 13/14 of October or if that does not suit then we'd be go back to the last weekend in September.

It would only just be one day. They can bring more than 12 if needed but if we can get 12 commits then we'd stick with that. So I know it's far away now but if you can commit to both day's please post in this thread.

Now to the venue, as we are blessed with so many great courses we can pick some great places and if we play in October rates come way down. One course we spoke about and I know from reading threads that people would love to play is Old Head. We think it can be got for €75 during this time.

Nothing is set in stone and we have a lot of organising to do but this could turn into something very enjoyable and boards could be Ryder Cup winners 2012!!

Count me in with big shinny bells on :D either date

Update:

Old Head is available the Saturday 13th October from 9am-10:30am

This may rule out some people, so obviously if it doesn't work we will have to look at other venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Sounds good - if we are travelling that far down would it be worth looking to make a weekend of it?

• Advertisement

link_2007 wrote: »
    Sounds good - if we are travelling that far down would it be worth looking to make a weekend of it?

I can get to spain quicker than Old Head, its a 3.5 hour drive for me :(

I can get to spain quicker than Old Head, its a 3.5 hour drive for me :(
    You will not be alone, hence why it could be a non runner.

Just re-read first post and are all from Dublin. Can't we pick somewhere a bit more central???

Always ready for a show down, bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sheehanshiners

i'd be up for it, anyone else?

Maybe the top 4 golfers from our society events up to the end of july?

I would be interested charlie. Count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

Good stuff.

I've seen you swing a club, I'm adding you to our team!

Haha I thought that would of excluded me

so far ..
    Keano
    pistolpetes11
    charlieIRL
    scubapro
    link2007
    dines08
    Sheehanshiners
    denisoc16 :o

did i forget anyone?

so far ..
    Keano
    pistolpetes11
    charlieIRL
    scubapro
    link2007
    dines08
    Sheehanshiners

did i forget anyone?

denisoc16

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Matt Santos

If its not till Oct it should suit.
    Count me in..
    M

1. Keano
    2. pistolpetes11
    3. charlieIRL
    4. scubapro
    5. link2007
    6. dines08
    7. Sheehanshiners
    8. denisoc16 (apologies!)
    9. Matt Santos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gmpd

1. Keano
    2. pistolpetes11
    3. charlieIRL
    4. scubapro
    5. link2007
    6. dines08
    7. Sheehanshiners
    9. Matt Santos

Lads I'd love to play in this so if ya's think I'm decent enough to play when we play naas count me in.. Don't have a GUI handicap or anything so if that rules me out no bothers..

Gerard

Gmpd wrote: »
    Lads I'd love to play in this so if ya's think I'm decent enough to play when we play naas count me in.. Don't have a GUI handicap or anything so if that rules me out no bothers..

Gerard

Well if talent and ability are a prerequisite for joining in then I'm ****ed....

I'll still come and caddy though - my charge rate is 1 pint per 2 holes.

Bump!

Anyone else interested as if we don't get 12 by middle of next week we will have to turn them down as they'll have to find another society.

Come on guys, no more takers? Where's all the regular society members, yee know who you are

is it still old head?

No, we can get the venue changed but no points discussing that until we get 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

Come on lads get on it!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

It looks like we have hit a wall keano! Were are all the competitive boards members hiding??????:D

true,

whats the craic lads? Is it location / time / price??? Anyone else want to play?
    1. Keano
    2. pistolpetes11
    3. charlieIRL
    4. scubapro
    5. link2007
    6. dines08
    7. Sheehanshiners
    9. Matt Santos
    10. GPMD
    only need 2 more

• Advertisement

technodub wrote: »
    It looks like we have hit a wall keano! Were are all the competitive boards members hiding??????:D
    No idea!

We have 60 signed up on teamer who showed an interest in playing in outing's.

Advertisement