Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Society interested in a ryder cup format?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

charlieIRL wrote: »
    true,

whats the craic lads? Is it location / time / price??? Anyone else want to play?
    1. Keano
    2. pistolpetes11
    3. charlieIRL
    4. scubapro
    5. link2007
    6. dines08
    7. Sheehanshiners
    8. denisoc16 (apologies!)
    9. Matt Santos
    10. GPMD
    only need 2 more

I could more than likely put in two of the lads , although Im not sure of there boards user names

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I could more than likely put in two of the lads , although Im not sure of there boards user names

11. Matt Blacke
    12. Joe Bloggs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

I would say we would be good to go, a few boardies come to mind, I'm sure we could ask some of the guys playing Naas.

scubapro wrote: »
    I would say we would be good to go, a few boardies come to mind, I'm sure we could ask some of the guys playing Naas.

I'll start picking lads and anyone who refuses will get a ban!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Just as a point of information - it is far too early for me to even think of expressing an interest in playing this. By the time October comes I might have won the lotto and could be seriously stressed out deciding whether to go to Spain for the Winter to play golf or go to the Alps to ski...or more likely I might want to play in my home club that weekend or not...either way....far too early in the year to commit.
    I reckon with a solid base of 10 though you'll easily make up the rest come the Autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Here what you are saying nocal and makes a lot of sense but the thing is I know last year they had the outing arranged only for the other society to pull the plug a week or two before hand saying they could not get enough numbers. So I do not want to put them in a similar situation this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

I'll throw me hat in the ring if there;s a spot going,hadn't realised it's not til October!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Just off the phone there to Freemount09, he said he'd play too. Including appearance money of course:pac:

nice one Staker, fair play. If anyone else wants to play between now and then let us know in case someone has to pull out.
    1. Keano
    2. pistolpetes11
    3. charlieIRL
    4. scubapro
    5. link2007
    6. dines08
    7. Sheehanshiners
    9. Matt Santos
    10. GPMD
    11. Staker
    12. Freemount09

Game on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

Good work lads i look forward to meeting all the lads :D I better get practicing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

Sorry, never looked at this thread, thanks to staker for giving me the heads up. Looking forward to it !

So were do we lie now lads was speaking to my man at the outing in moyvalley on sat and he said hes waiting on some word back? We should try get a practise round going if suitable to make sure we dont want to kill each other :eek::D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I'm meeting two of our lads on Wednesday and I will give you a shout on Wednesday or Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

technodub wrote: »
    So were do we lie now lads was speaking to my man at the outing in moyvalley on sat and he said hes waiting on some word back? We should try get a practise round going if suitable to make sure we dont want to kill each other :eek::D

Why don't you come along to Naas, most of us will be there.

link_2007 wrote: »
    Why don't you come along to Naas, most of us will be there.

When you playing naas? If im not working il deffo play!:D

technodub wrote: »
    When you playing naas? If im not working il deffo play!:D

Saturday 2nd June.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056615745

:cool:

is there much room on the time sheet?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Lads, I'm willing to put my name down for this. I know you have 12 but if you need subs or replacements then I'm available.

Provided of course.... That I'd be considered good enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Mentioned to Keano on Saturday that I'd be on for this too but thought I'd better post here to make it official! ;)

Ok folks we have plenty of numbers. Now what I need is volunteers from those who are intending on playing to play the Heritage some time in June?

• Advertisement

Ok folks we have plenty of numbers. Now what I need is volunteers from those who are intending on playing to play the Heritage some time in June?

I'm away from the 19th till the 26th and we have Palmerstown on the 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Other than this coming weekend, I should be available, just let me know what dates your thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

count me in

I am fairly busy in June.

Could probably only make Sunday 17th or 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Fairly busy in June but depends on which weekend really. Thought it wasn't on until later in the year?

denisoc16 wrote: »
    Fairly busy in June but depends on which weekend really. Thought it wasn't on until later in the year?
    It's not actually until October but this is a just a little gathering so we get to know them and vice versa. We don't need everyone in June :)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Not available the weekend of the 16th/17th of June but can probably make it other than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

charlieIRL wrote: »
    nice one Staker, fair play. If anyone else wants to play between now and then let us know in case someone has to pull out.
    1. Keano
    2. pistolpetes11
    3. charlieIRL
    4. scubapro
    5. link2007
    6. dines08
    7. Sheehanshiners
    9. Matt Santos
    10. GPMD
    11. Staker
    12. Freemount09
    Game on!!!

Throw me down as first reserve, I am sure my handicap will be out to 26 by October, would be handy for this format:P #bandit

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

16th or 23rd june and you can count me in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭super_freddie

Lads,

Throw me down there as a second / third / whatever reserve, saw this thread for the last few weeks but only getting around to actually reading it now. Ye probably won't need to go that far down the standby list but hey, if Paul McShane's number can come up, anything's possible :)

Only Saturday I'm around this month is June 23rd but not sure if ye're keeping that day to the main group in any case.

Cheers,
    super_freddie.

Advertisement