Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Passed 2nd year of college, relief beyond belief! A crappy excuse to head out on sat night if I'm back in time :D

Changing car for 3rd year of college (it has to be motor related :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

dgt wrote: »
    Passed 2nd year of college, relief beyond belief! A crappy excuse to head out on sat night if I'm back in time :D

Changing car for 3rd year of college (it has to be motor related :pac:)

Shure go out and buy yourself another sh1tbox to celebrate,drinking is overrated anyway....:D

Seriously well done though man.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

166man wrote: »
    Shure go out and buy yourself another sh1tbox to celebrate,drinking is overrated anyway....:D

Seriously well done though man.

One man's ****box is another man's veyron ;)

One man's ****box is another man's veyron ;)

I'll take a Bravo over a Veyron :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I'll take a Bravo over a Veyron :pac:

That's kind of my point :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

This is the most hardest time to buy car in my whole life! :pac:

I **** you not, its like a curse at this stage. If there is something that i like/ish and fits in my budget, then it is fecking "DONEGOL LAD" or "DUBLIN" ffs.
    Working like a slave does not help it too as i come back home and the only thing i want is just go to bed or die. i came back home at 13:30 today and passed out at 14:00, woke up only 17:30 and felt like crap ( day time sleep sickness ).
    at this stage i wont get any car :mad:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This is the most hardest time to buy car in my whole life! :pac:

I **** you not, its like a curse at this stage. If there is something that i like/ish and fits in my budget, then it is fecking "DONEGOL LAD" or "DUBLIN" ffs.
    Working like a slave does not help it too as i come back home and the only thing i want is just go to bed or die. i came back home at 13:30 today and passed out at 14:00, woke up only 17:30 and felt like crap ( day time sleep sickness ).
    at this stage i wont get any car :mad:

You'll get there ;)

Just realised I've had my car a month. No regrets!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Anyone else besides myself and MCM heading to the meet tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Im on the search too now.. Not good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Anyone else besides myself and MCM heading to the meet tomorrow?

I'm leaving de shmoke at 8am tomorrow for that gig. RJ; Corkie; Owen; etc - feel free to stick the head in and say hello! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Safe journey tomorrow dgt, hope you like the chocolate biscuits with the caremel in them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Went to the American Club meet, some serious machines there. It was good to finally meet MCMLXXV, the T/A is awesome.

Will throw up the pictures I got tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Went to the American Club meet, some serious machines there. It was good to finally meet MCMLXXV, the T/A is awesome.

Will throw up the pictures I got tonight.

Is it true he has a pixilated face???:pac:

Fecking vrooooom!!! Honk Honk!

Right, Il come out and say it, I got the punto. dgt, your a sound fella and dead on.

Pics later. :)

Right, Il come out and say it, I got the punto. dgt, your a sound fella and dead on.

I think you should wrap in bubble wrap in the same way people wrap their car's in carbon fibre stuff...

:pac:

I think you should wrap in bubble wrap in the same way people wrap their car's in carbon fibre stuff...

:pac:

Hmm, Thats not a bad idea. :D

http://media.merchantcircle.com/18743170/car-insurance-bubble-wrap-small-84841_full.jpeg

I wouldnt have to clam from the insurence or anything. The bubbles would protect the car. :pac:

Glad to be of service :D

That car served me in the winter of 2010 and it was a cracker, despite its lowness :p

Best of luck with it and enjoy the car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Right, Il come out and say it, I got the punto

young_frankenstein1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Ya bringing that bad boy to the meet next week?! :)

• Advertisement

Glad to be of service :D

That car served me in the winter of 2010 and it was a cracker, despite its lowness :p

Best of luck with it and enjoy the car :)

Cheers.

I sat in it for ages, just pressing buttons and things. :o

My mother bought that air freshner for 2 euro. :pac: she said its her toy boy. I nearly got sick. Lol.

gollywog wrote: »
    Ya bringing that bad boy to the meet next week?! :)

I need to get a few things done, thats not including the test, tax and insurence.

But being unemployed isnt helping the situation. But I definitly going to one of them when I get the bad boy going and on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Just writing up an ad for my civic now. Time to shift it on

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Just writing up an ad for my civic now. Time to shift it on

What ya replacing it with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

What ya replacing it with?

Nothing.... Well, its complicated, I have a company car and well something has come up but it won't be on the road.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

i was short on diesel last night (did an unexpected 50 miles) and had to pull off the motorway for Roscrea. No station open, passed two closed ones with "24/7" written outside them.

Anywho, i knew i'd see a speed camera so i kept well within the limit with the cruise control on, set at about 98-99 kmph.

Saw a van from a well over a mile away in the pitch dark, and hit the brake, then slowly passed it to have a gander. When i went passed the bloody thing flashed me?

Now, it happened me before that it flashed me, and i was under the limit.

Why would it flash me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

i was short on diesel last night (did an unexpected 50 miles) and had to pull off the motorway for Roscrea. No station open, passed two closed ones with "24/7" written outside them.

Anywho, i knew i'd see a speed camera so i kept well within the limit with the cruise control on, set at about 98-99 kmph.

Saw a van from a well over a mile away in the pitch dark, and hit the brake, then slowly passed it to have a gander. When i went passed the bloody thing flashed me?

Now, it happened me before that it flashed me, and i was under the limit.

Why would it flash me?

the two stations topaz and texco? both have 24hour credit card pumps..

where abouts did you see the van? they recently changed a limit from 100 to 80 on the dublin side

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

sean1141 wrote: »
    the two stations topaz and texco? both have 24hour credit card pumps..

where abouts did you see the van? they recently changed a limit from 100 to 80 on the dublin side

And it changes to a 60 a long way from the roundabout!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

pred racer wrote: »
    And it changes to a 60 a long way from the roundabout!

never seen the van in the 60 zone. just right at it facing the 80

edit: at the roundabout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

sean1141 wrote: »
    never seen the van in the 60 zone. just right at it facing the 80

edit: at the roundabout

Not the gosafe ones, have seen the garda van there!
    Btw my mother was caught out on the birr road....we didnt laugh:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement