Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Got my insurance renewal in the post this morning....1300 fully comp with all the bells and whistles. Pretty steep, but the best I've gotten elsewhere is 1000ish for the most basic cover going. I'll have to call my broker tomorrow and see how much of a difference there is between the fully comp and third party.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Got my insurance renewal in the post this morning....1300 fully comp with all the bells and whistles. Pretty steep, but the best I've gotten elsewhere is 1000ish for the most basic cover going. I'll have to call my broker tomorrow and see how much of a difference there is between the fully comp and third party.

i only have TPFT on the Jag, couldn't really see myself claiming in an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

1000 is not too bad for a 'young fella' on a 325i

Mines 450 on an oil burner and ive been driving since the flintstones:p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

i only have TPFT on the Jag, couldn't really see myself claiming in an accident.

Yeah there is no way i'd be claiming, the only reason I had fully comp on the Polo was because it there was barely any difference in the premium.
    pred racer wrote: »
    1000 is not too bad for a 'young fella' on a 325i

Mines 450 on an oil burner and ive been driving since the flintstones:p

I'm alright with paying a grand being honest, all considered it's not too bad. And paying it in monthly instalments eases the blow.

If the broker doesn't come down in price then i'll be going for which ever is cheaper!

Actually...there's a small chip in my windscreen, I currently have windscreen cover, would getting it repaired so close to renewal time cause problems?

Sure I'll ask them tomorrow, but i'd be interested to hear what yee lot think.

Yeah there is no way i'd be claiming, the only reason I had fully comp on the Polo was because it there was barely any difference in the premium.

I'm alright with paying a grand being honest, all considered it's not too bad. And paying it in monthly instalments eases the blow.

If the broker doesn't come down in price then i'll be going for which ever is cheaper!

Actually...there's a small chip in my windscreen, I currently have windscreen cover, would getting it repaired so close to renewal time cause problems?

Normally windscreen doesnt count as a claim, just ring and check first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

it's windscreen cover, not "We'll fix your window if it breaks half way through the year, exactly".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

A pic of some of the ITCC action yesterday

251897_3256752783938_50195821_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Back in 2006 an avensis diesel costs €5000 more than a 1.6 petrol.
    That'll give you an idea why

In all fairness they aren't really comparable. You'd need to compare the 2.0 petrol and 2.0 D4D to get a more accurate comparison no?

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Clean racing as usual then :pac:

To be fair Burdock had a seized rear caliper and slid while chasing the Integra :D

Gary ITR wrote: »
    To be fair Burdock had a seized rear caliper and slid while chasing the Integra :D

Or at least thats what he told you, and he's sticking to it:D

• Advertisement

pred racer wrote: »
    Or at least thats what he told you, and he's sticking to it:D

Sure he didn't know, he was wondering why the car had no drive :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

600km to a tank, nice :D
    I wasn't driving for most of that though, that's probably why it's so good:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Some fcuking scumbags in this country, went out to my car today to find someone had thrown batteryacid or something similar over my car. car now needs a re spray on the bonnet, front bumper two driver side doors and a new headlight. Im in the fcuking height of it rang the insurance company i have step back insurance protection so if i claim ill lose y full no claims.

Waiting on the body shop i go to to ring me bac with a quote they took pictures of the car and ring me back tommorrow. Meant to be heading to Manchester in two weeks to see the Stone Roses play might have to cancel that now id love to get my hands on the fcukers that done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Some fcuking scumbags in this country, went out to my car today to find someone had thrown batteryacid or something similar over my car. car now needs a re spray on the bonnet, front bumper two driver side doors and a new headlight. Im in the fcuking height of it rang the insurance company i have step back insurance protection so if i claim ill lose y full no claims.

Waiting on the body shop i go to to ring me bac with a quote they took pictures of the car and ring me back tommorrow. Meant to be heading to Manchester in two weeks to see the Stone Roses play might have to cancel that now id love to get my hands on the fcukers that done it.

There's some incredible spastics in this country :mad: That's what you get for owning a nice car and keeping it well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Sorry to hear it :(. Was it just your car targetted or were there other cars damaged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

There's some incredible spastics in this country :mad: That's what you get for owning a nice car and keeping it well.

+1 thats the most cnutish thing someone can, I makes my blood boil, when I hear that some scumbag damaged someone else property. :mad::mad: good from nothing scumbags!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

tNtuX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

This looks familiar...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3483070

:eek:

dar83 wrote: »

Very familiar!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

He's replaced that with the Merc I think ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I know he has the Merc, didn't realise the S8 was going the other way though!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Well, I guess this is one way to sell you car. :p

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3474063

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

BDJW wrote: »

Sorry to hear it :(. Was it just your car targetted or were there other cars damaged?

Thanks. It was just my car targeted but there's been a few incidents on the road and were all pretty sure of who's doing it but no way to prove sadly. It's just sickening though I won't enjoy driving it now till I get that sorted. I've been told to take pics of it had the gards up etc so I could report it. If I get a chance ill throw one or two on here.

Who in their right mind would buy a car knowing that had been done to it?

Although in fairness, he's ****e at diffin so maybe it didnt happen too often:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Have a look how many times ad viewed...

It's a fun car alright, but 5.5k for it? No fecking way.

Thats lads a right cnut, Becouse its not a bad looking starlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Thats lads a right cnut, Becouse its not a bad looking starlet.

Apparently it's "back wheel drive" as well:eek::rolleyes:!

Also if he is "emigrating" why did he import it only within the past couple of months (you can tell by the reg it was only imported within the last few months thanks to revenue's stupid decision to 'realign' registration numbers for imported cars)?

Apparently it's "back wheel drive" as well:eek::rolleyes:!.............

It is though :)

Apparently it's "back wheel drive" as well:eek::rolleyes:!

Also if he is "emigrating" why did he import it only within the past couple of months (you can tell by the reg it was only imported within the last few months thanks to revenue's stupid decision to 'realign' registration numbers for imported cars)?

Ya, I seen that. It was diffin Laaaaaaaad!

Thats obviouly lies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

dar83 wrote: »

Matt 'Alan (no swaps)' Simms! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement