Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Here's what eBay.co.uk just threw up...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-ST-2-Recaro-Seats-Full-Set-/320919414492?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab849a6dc

You'll only need to convince them to ship them here, which might be tough. :)

Edit: You may have to put up with the 3-door versions in your 5-door though, as they 5-door ones are quite rare. Also try and find someone selling a set that includes the door cards, they transform the inside of the car completely compared to the stock ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Have a look under the footwells. The bulb holders might be there for them. They take the w5 wedge type bulbs. I found them on my old man's car.

Blue bulb in pic.
    mk2_footwell_lights.jpg

Installed and lighting pic.
    nbahxz.jpg

A complete led bulb convertion might be an idea. They look so much better then the standard halogen bulbs.

Edit: Ohh, that is a cracken interior Dar83. :)

Here's a crappy daylight pic I just took of my footwell light for you, I'll try and get one later when it's dark, they look quite a bit more decent then...

footwellday.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

well, I personly wouldent buy a car with no service history. But thats just my opinion.....

I've not bought a car with service history in ages. Judge on current condition of the car, more often then not, a clean un-abused car will have been looked after in the past. Service history is a rare thing in bangernomics. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

dar83 wrote: »
    Here's a crappy daylight pic I just took of my footwell light for you, I'll try and get one later when it's dark, they look quite a bit more decent then...

Ohh, I forgot you had an st2, very nice. There getting cheaper. I'd settle for a 170 anyday though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

dar83 wrote: »

footwellday.th.jpg
    What kind of motor are you using if you don't mind me asking?

Thinking of upgrading in the next 2/3 years to an Audi A4

Have only had the focus a year and I love it but have a thing for the 09/10 A4

*Edit - I'd imagine the bulbs look quite nice at night alright - blue would be the colour I look at anyway

PaulieC wrote: »
    What kind of motor are you using if you don't mind me asking?

*Edit - I'd imagine the bulbs look quite nice at night alright - blue would be the colour I look at anyway

it's a MkII focus ST.

Yeah the blue looks a good but better at night. Only ever so slightly chav, but then again I do drive an ASBO. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Radio one interviewing students about English paper one:
    "How did you find Paper one?"

"Yeah it was difficult but I think paper two will be difficulter"

Fast forward 3 months...

"Me fail English? That's unpossible"

Luckily that wasn't me today :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Highlights of the killarney internatinal rally of the lakes - TG4 @ 23:25 TONIGHT!. :)

• Company Representative Posts: 23 Verified rep ATWR Chris

Highlights of the killarney internatinal rally of the lakes - TG4 @ 23:25 TONIGHT!. :)

Will they be showing who won the boo-off competition? :D

• Advertisement

ATWR Chris wrote: »
    Will they be showing who won the boo-off competition? :D

Hmmm :confused:

I suppose youl just have to watch it and find out. :p

Edit: its kinda sh!t. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

dgt wrote: »
    Also motor related, decided to screw out my dads van a quarter turn at the pump for shíts and giggles. All smoke, no poke :P

Magherafelt would be proud, considering the van originally came from around there :pac:

Long turned back down btw :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I have a car hired for 5 days in July to go driving around Norway :D I have a provisional route mapped out (http://goo.gl/maps/9MbF), but I'll spend the next few weeks researching various driving roads (and hotels, feck they're expensive there!). Very exciting though, I love planning these things :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

jenizzle wrote: »
    I have a car hired for 5 days in July to go driving around Norway :D I have a provisional route mapped out (http://goo.gl/maps/9MbF), but I'll spend the next few weeks researching various driving roads (and hotels, feck they're expensive there!). Very exciting though, I love planning these things :cool:

What car have you hired?!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

BDJW wrote: »
    What car have you hired?!

Nothing exciting, a Polo (or similar). Not really too bothered about what I'm driving, as long as I get to go wandering. I'm sure I'll be at the top of a mountain regretting not bringing the RX8 :rolleyes:

dgt wrote: »
    (Smokie van video)
    Magherafelt would be proud, considering the van originally came from around there :pac:

Long turned back down btw :)

Haha, Thats gas! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Just sold my tractor (is that motors related:confused:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

pred racer wrote: »

Peroni beer is lovely.

Im in france, its in Tipp and the buyer is in derry! International relations at its best:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

At least tell us what kind of tractor. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Peroni beer is lovely.

More of this carry on.

CianRyan wrote: »
    More of this carry on.

i've only had one, but by god it's actually the tasiest beer i've had in a long, long time.

Edit: i had a Hoegarden last night with a slice of orange, equally tastey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Hopefully a fine massey! I've taken a deposit on my car today. Now the dreaded searching begins.

At least tell us what kind of tractor. :p

Massey ferguson 35x.

Now that I have no tractor, and i dont own a vw tdi, can i still be a culchie??

Massey ferguson 35x.

Made silly money no doubt?

A friend of mine completely restored one, then his misses started using it around the farm and liked it, he got pissed off, bought another, restored that and gave it to her lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Massey ferguson 35x.

Nope, it's impossible.We have a fine 135 at home. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

The Alfa is having problems recently, think it's that time of the month again...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

if you have a 95 carina then yes!

Made silly money no doubt?

A friend of mine completely restored one, then his misses started using it around the farm and liked it, he got pissed off, bought another, restored that and gave it to her lol.

Nah, clutch is fooked, its stuck in gear (not a big job) and it needs work. Plus i seem incapable of charging mates proper prices. €900

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Nope, it's impossible.We have a fine 135 at home. :pac:

Never figured you for a culchie at all :D

We've a blue '65 Super Dexta in the yard. You need to dip a length of newspaper in diesel and light it and then shove it up the air intake to get the thing to start if its a cold day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement