Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

andyseadog wrote: »
    you can work away now, no need to wait.

thank you. all in in my "man cave" again!!! all new and refurbished! i can go on with my car searches in my station! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

CianRyan wrote: »
    Head's melted here, I could use a hand.

1. Can't figure out how to change my headlights. Take off the plug, take off the lock... Nothing.
    2. Can't figure out how to change my brake light. Take off the cover and it seems to be concealed behind a big plastic housing that can't be taken off. Do I have to take off the whole light cluster?

Very embarrassing I have to say. :o

And before it's said, I looked on google but I couldn't find anything.

Edit: It's an N15 Almera.

Does this help with the headlight issue?

VZR lights
    4_58547_fng47jd0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Just like looking at my own really. :/
    It's actually just the bulb I need to change, not the whole thing. Should have specified, thanks though. :)

****... i really need to stop typing skyline in to donedeal...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3425102

70km from me...

Whoops :o

Some cars are fiddly, Polos for example you press the metal spring down to release the bulb. Left me scratching my head for a while!

What's the metal clip like inside?

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »
    Whoops :o

Some cars are fiddly, Polos for example you press the metal spring down to release the bulb. Left me scratching my head for a while!

What's the metal clip like inside?

There's meant to be a spring on the 'Mera too but I haven't been able to find/understand it.

Metal clip?
    Oh god, it'd be easier to take out the whole unit at this stage. Access is really limited with the battery and coolant bottle in the way. :/

There's meant to be a spring on the 'Mera too but I haven't been able to find/understand it.

Metal clip?
    Oh god, it'd be easier to take out the whole unit at this stage. Access is really limited with the battery and coolant bottle in the way. :/

Maybe you are meant to take it out and change it that way... I know on the Fiesta for example you have to take the headlamp out to change a bulb as access is so restricted. Don't forget to realign the light when it's back in! :)

The original Avensis was another fecker to change, right up against the battery... Battery out or light out, choice was yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Matt Simis wrote: »
    - No screws on rear seat bench. Never even noticed it had the provision to screw it in place. My 3 three other cars have no such screws and logically would pass... Pointless.

My best fail yet though, should cost virtually nothing to put right.
    I failed an NCT because I had a child seat on the back bench and the best was too loose on it. I took it and put it in the boot, drove back into the centre and it passed. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

jenizzle wrote: »
    Feel free to take a spin in my yoke on Sunday, just to get you used to the underwhelming lack of vtec :P

I may actually make a C&C without a hangover this weekend :eek: Only cos i'm on antibiotics so can't drink at my mates 30th :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

dgt wrote: »
    Maybe you are meant to take it out and change it that way... I know on the Fiesta for example you have to take the headlamp out to change a bulb as access is so restricted. Don't forget to realign the light when it's back in! :)

The original Avensis was another fecker to change, right up against the battery... Battery out or light out, choice was yours!

Same with the Vw Mk4 golf, Its a cnut to change the lights! and all that plastic! :mad:

Is that the old type Avensis or the new type Avensis?

• Advertisement

Sitting outside, enjoying lovely evening. Then I hear some lovely rumble coming down the street... Got up to have a look. A flipping silver r34, which looked like pure sex on wheels.

It's just not fair :(

OSI wrote: »
    Just be thankful you don't own a Megane!!

Ha, well I dont own a golf either, It was a friend I changed the head light for. Though, but got it change after all. But the back light was easy peasey. :)

But its my dad that has the Avensis.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Same with the Vw Mk4 golf, Its a cnut to change the lights! and all that plastic! :mad:

Is that the old type Avensis or the new type Avensis?

Newer type avensis is even worse if it's a diesel

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Newer type avensis is even worse if it's a diesel

Ah ya, My dad has an 08 Avensis. 2.0, It has "4D or something along those lines" on it aswell for some reason. :confused:

Hold on Il take a pic.

Edit: Cant just remembered, Its down with the mechanic... :mad:

Ah ya, My dad has an 08 Avensis. 2.0, It has "4D or something along those lines" on it aswell for some reason. :confused:

Hold on Il take a pic.

It'll have D-4D which is toyotas common rail diesel engine

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It'll have D-4D which is toyotas common rail diesel engine

Thats the one, So its nothing special so. :(

STRESS!
    My dad use to have an N15 so I'll ask him in a bit. Where's ND when you need him? Haha

SH: Just buy another Skyline. You're only tricking yourself with this scoobie business. You're a Nissan man, be proud! :)

BW: D4D is the engine.

Edit: Bah, too late!

STRESS!
    My dad use to have an N15 so I'll ask him in a bit. Where's ND when you need him? Haha

SH: Just buy another Skyline. You're only tricking yourself with this scoobie business. You're a Nissan man, be proud! :)

BW: D4D is the engine.

Edit: Bah, too late!

Its just the standard D engine? Its not like a better "edition" of the engine or anything like that??

Its just the standard D engine? Its not like a better "edition" of the engine or anything like that??

Nope, since mid 2000 pretty much all diesel toyotas (except maybe the land cruiser vx) in Ireland were D-4D

If it was a D-CAT then it'd be something slightly better.

Not too up to date on the mundane side of Toyota's engines but AFAIK it's better quality, more reliable and more sought after than other Toyota daysuls.

• Advertisement

Anothe quistion. :o

Im tring to tax the Avensis online, im using a laser card, but i cant find the "card number"

Anyone have any Idea?

It's the big long number on the front of the card :confused:

Oh.
    292959d1329218507-green-tinge-fault-now-full-panasonic-2011-range-part-4-open-any-2012-sets-1056690-1050617_third_party_facepalm_super_super.jpg

There was a 8 digit number along the bottom of the card and it said "card number" Thats where I was going wrong...

Also pm me the pin number

On a seperate note I got one of those aldi random orbital buffer yokes, I'm not expecting great things from it, but I'm a lazy guy and if this helps me get my polishing done quicker then great.

It actually has a picture of a jaguar s type on the box so I had to buy it

Right, lads hold on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Stick a picture up of both sides of the card and we'll give ya a hand :P:P
    Right, lads hold on.

They were joking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

They're taking the mick. Don't put up pics of your card :)

They were joking!!!
    E39MSport wrote: »
    They're taking the mick. Don't put up pics of your card :)

Ya, so am I. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Back err... off topic lads!

Chrome door posts, yea or nay?

They look so skangery on passats and the like

Any idea how they'd look on the jag which has plenty chrome anyway, I have a small bit of rust on the bottom of one of the pillars, these would hide it well

http://www.uniqueautodepot.com/Jaguar-S-type-2000-2010-SES-Chrome-Pillar-Post-p/p116.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Just no!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement