Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Fiona wrote: »
    You wouldn't believe it :(:rolleyes:

That must be terrible. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Just realised earlier that I have a burst shock. Hit a massive pothole on saturday that I couldn't avoid. The roads really sicken my arse in this country!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

The other side must be in an awful state:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Following up on the smell crisis in the 406, I decided to leave the drivers window and sunroof open all day while I went to visit relatives in Fermanagh. Also left this in the car:

B80EWY.jpg

I shít you not, the smell has diminished :D now its not gone but it's a lot less pungent and not so in your face woft anymore. Bearing in mind I've been leaving the windows open everyday for the past week and it would not go!!! :eek: Leaving it in the car overnight to see if it rids totally or reduces the stench even more :cool:

Edit: Will be trying bread soda and onions tomorrow too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I just created an account on RAT-LOOK.com Im not too sure why though. :confused:

Well I called 2 more cars yesterday. Both sold...
    FFs, is resesion over?! :) I am not looking for 1.2 punto or dirty diesel too!
    Anyway payed 3 months tax yesterday on ford. So now I am not in a rush at all, but I will be pissed off if I will find car this weekend...

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

OSI wrote: »
    Think I've finally decided the GTI needs a remap. After 3 months of getting a little thrill every time I planted the throttle, this morning I felt the tiniest hint of "meh" inside me when I pulled off. It doesn't feel slow, it just doesn't feel thrill me fast anymore. An extra 50BHP should sort that though :D

do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Might have a buyer for the M5.... just when I want to get out in her

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Quick question.

What would you do to remove a sheared bolt.

A. Ez-out extractor? (I've a set of them and have had good experience with them but I'm afraid of them breaking themselves and causing a heartache of problems)
    B. Drill out of the bolt with progressively larger bits?

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    Think I've finally decided the GTI needs a remap. After 3 months of getting a little thrill every time I planted the throttle, this morning I felt the tiniest hint of "meh" inside me when I pulled off. It doesn't feel slow, it just doesn't feel thrill me fast anymore. An extra 50BHP should sort that though :D

There is cheaper solution take your misses car, which is slow. Drive it for few weeks, then jump back to gti. I bet it will add 200hp extra for free ;)

I drove mondeo for 3 month, then I jumped to mx amd it was a rocket!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

There is cheaper solution take your misses car, which is slow. Drive it for few weeks, then jump back to gti. I bet it will add 200hp extra for free ;)

I drove mondeo for 3 month, then I jumped to mx amd it was a rocket!!! :D

This always works when your getting bored of your car, its like driving the car from new again! :p

BX 19 wrote: »
    Quick question.

A. Ez-out extractor? (I've a set of them and have had good experience with them but I'm afraid of them breaking themselves and causing a heartache of problems)

A first, although if you break the ez out, it will be nearly impossible to drill.

B this is quite tricky, and can go wrong easily.

C try to cut a slot in the bolt, then use a screwdriver and vice grip( a bit of heating,cooling and loads of penetrating fluid will help.

D my favourite (if at all possible) weld something to the offending bolt, a nut/ smaller bolt or even a piece of steel the heat from this also helps.

Where is the bolt?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

pred racer wrote: »
    A first, although if you break the ez out, it will be nearly impossible to drill.

B this is quite tricky, and can go wrong easily.

C try to cut a slot in the bolt, then use a screwdriver and vice grip( a bit of heating,cooling and loads of penetrating fluid will help.

D my favourite (if at all possible) weld something to the offending bolt, a nut/ smaller bolt or even a piece of steel the heat from this also helps.

Where is the bolt?

Bolt is in the Gearbox housing.

A+B is possible. C, I don't think is possible as the bolt is recessed from the hole, I dont think that I could get something down to cut it.

D, I cannot weld and has the problems of C. :o

Bolt is in the Gearbox housing.

A+B is possible. C, I don't think is possible as the bolt is recessed from the hole, I dont think that I could get something down to cut it.

D, I cannot weld and has the problems of C. :o

Try C first, even make the slot with a screwdriver and a hammer, the impacts can help seized bolts (dont go mad on it though;) ) if that doesnt work then try your ez out.

For me B is the last option coz i always make a bollix of it, so i dont do it unless i can just ream out the bolt and stick in a new bolt with a nut ( if you can just drill it out and disregard all previous advice:p)

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Just ordered 6 NGK Platinum plugs, an oil filter, a cabin filter and rear pads for car. Going to service the K&N filter and make an aluminium shroud for it too hopefully. And probably paint my alloys. Busy weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Anyone know where I'd get a pedobear sticker? I've check with the StickyRings lads & they don't have any.

Car related because it's to stick on someone car without them knowing :P

Jemmy wrote: »
    Anyone know where I'd get a pedobear sticker? I've check with the StickyRings lads & they don't have any.

Car related because it's to stick on someone car without them knowing :P

Ebay would be your best bet. :)

Be good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,884 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ask Tallon. He gets the fairly regularly.... kind of like a Tallon was here badge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Quazzie wrote: »
    Ask Tallon. He gets the fairly regularly.... kind of like a Tallon was here badge.

Lol of course silly me, forgot he might!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Just got a price for the bodywork on my car. Repair to roof skin and spray, bonnet resprayed and some stone chips taken care of along with all new decals. Im happy with it anyway :)

dgt wrote: »
    Timing belt kit (roller + belt) and lower engine mount got for the 406, woot! :D

Can anyone point me where to get a set of these, in 17 guise cheap? Or if anyone wants to do a swap! For the, er, same car...
    spider.jpg

Or one of these!
    Pic023.jpg

Because out of my parts bin I don't have either of those! :rolleyes:

I usually do a running theme with my motors, I wonder can people see where this is going... ;)

I finaly found what your looking for mate. I THINK!

http://fkperformance.ie/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=89&product_id=337

OR...

http://fkperformance.ie/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=89&product_id=339

I think its the top one though...

Also, Its a nice place in sligo! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Had lunch with a very interesting chap today. He's got the right idea !
    Some of his motors.

b10_bt1.jpg

c2_1.jpg

c2_2.jpg

c2_3.jpg

b12_1.jpg

b12_2.jpg

b12_3.jpg

b12_4.jpg

b12_5.jpg

964t1.jpg

964t2.jpg

964t3.jpg

1.jpg

grale_snow3.jpg

And about 20 pages about the M3.5 here…

http://community.evo.co.uk/forums/thread.cfm?threadID=50003&startRow=40

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

The old man came home in a different motor as his was being serviced today.... Pics to follow...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

E39MSport wrote: »
    Had lunch with a very interesting chap today. He's got the right idea !
    Some of his motors.

Jaysus, a RHD 6.0 B12, rare as hell, who is this guy? Is that in the UK?

2w39rep.jpg

25ouvic.jpg

:D 166man likes this...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Gotta love ribbed seats, seems be very much an Italian thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Quick question.

A :)

Similar problem before when I smashed a temp sensor in a manifold, only tool for the job was an easy out

pipe_extractor.jpg
    I finaly found what your looking for mate. I THINK!

http://fkperformance.ie/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=89&product_id=337

OR...

http://fkperformance.ie/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=89&product_id=339

I think its the top one though...

Also, Its a nice place in sligo! :)

Twould be the whole backbox I'm after. Kinda have that aspect sorted though ;)

Trying to root out a set of Kahns or Spiders still though! :pac:
    E39MSport wrote: »
    Had lunch with a very interesting chap today.

B10 Bi-Turbo...
    nao-click_fap_fap.jpg

As for the Alpina B12 6.0 I've only seen one other one for sale on Pistonheads in England :eek:

Gotta love ribbed seats, seems be very much an Italian thing.

Even though the chairs themselves are kinda small they are super comfy. I'll try get some pics with the roof down tomorrow too. It's honestly one of the prettiest cars I have ever seen.

• Advertisement

What liter is that Alfa? Tis nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement