Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

coolisin wrote: »
    Wouldn't buy a spark plug off that garage? Or off that car!!
    Is it like the rest of the pop up shops in ballymount?

I'd say those cars would kick you in the wallet very fast!

Off that garage. Fine car for small money though but it's getting to the stage that the 'ordinary man' is finding it difficult to run a luxobarge with the price of tax these days. :mad:
    Been laughing at this all day...

Wasn't a personal dig at MM by the way. It's all part of growing up - I'll get there some day myself hopefully. :)
    barura wrote: »
    166 man is banned? :s

Again? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Figured it was one of those garages alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

All this talk of cleaning cars makes me want to clean mine! When the rain goes away I will. Get it done while dgt is (hopefully) welding up my exhaust. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

166 man is banned? :s
    -Corkie- wrote: »

@baruna did Roverjames get that admin job???
    MCMLXXV wrote: »

Again? :eek:

Not the place to talk about this lads

Wasn't a personal dig at MM by the way. It's all part of growing up - I'll get there some day myself hopefully. :)

I know, but it was still pretty funny. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Nobody's being an ass or a dick, just at different stages of life and different opinions on what a tough month is. My twenties were some of the best years of my life, young, free, plenty of money (which I squandered), out 3/4 nights a week, clubbing, fast cars, fast women, etc. I lived life to the full but I wouldn't swap it for what I have now even though I don't have the spare dollars (or the want) to do what I did in my twenties. ;)

Ah nah. I ment like baing a dick and pulling his leg even more! :D ( me )

He is a grand chap, no arguing there.

I am on my own from 18-19 and in totally different country. Though even if my family would be at least civil, I would still could not live with parents. There are huge benefits to it, but living on your own with misses and 2 "hot dogs" is the best thing ever happened in my life. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I feckin love my mammy, im telling ya if you had an Irish mammy minding ya into your mid twenties you would have left the spoiler on, it's like a reassuring mammys arm :p

I feckin love my mammy, im telling ya if you had an Irish mammy minding ya into your mid twenties you would have left the spoiler on, it's like a reassuring mammys arm :p

After my mammy, a rabit badgerat it's mating season would look like the best mammy in the world.

Had a carpenter fella today at my place and he noticed my scooby. We talked a bit and turns out he owned a scooby Sti type-r himself. He loved my scooby and he loved no spoiler look.

Some people at meet sow my non spoiler edition, but they will newer admit, that it looks good! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Well when you are still at home doing a good bit of your own cooking, cleaning etc., paying rent and doing stuff around the place to earn your keep, it's not as easy as people may think. I will say this again, I was moved out of home, paying a lot more rent and living with twats and it was a total waste of money. I get on really well with my parents and I always have. Anyone have a problem with me or the fact that I'm living at home you may go fvck yourself.

Well when you are still at home doing a good bit of your own cooking, cleaning etc., paying rent and doing stuff around the place to earn your keep, it's not as easy as people may think. I will say this again, I was moved out of home, paying a lot more rent and living with twats and it was a total waste of money. Anyone have a problem with me or the fact that I'm living at home you may go fvck yourself.

./hug

I still love you, even if you are "young, dumb and living of mum"!

*runs!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Well when you are still at home doing a good bit of your own cooking, cleaning etc., paying rent and doing stuff around the place to earn your keep, it's not as easy as people may think. I will say this again, I was moved out of home, paying a lot more rent and living with twats and it was a total waste of money. I get on really well with my parents and I always have. Anyone have a problem with me or the fact that I'm living at home you may go fvck yourself.
    I'd move home in a heartbeat................ I'd have more time to clean the car for one!

• Advertisement

Respect man. It is a bit of a fallacy to move out sometimes. Moving back home myself after moving out there last March.

Long story short, I learned a lot and now have no girlfriend as of 3 months ago.

Repeating 2nd year and back home. Ah well...

But on the upside, I am the only driver in my family at the moment (older brother has no car, father died 6 years ago so that just leaves me to be transporter). I'll be focusing on college now and my car for the time being. Wheeee. :p

Im in the exact same boat, moved home after living in the City for afew years as i was paying excessive rent and my room was there, it's all down to what kind of family you come from and we are that kind of family. I wasn't too bothered but parents wanted me to save paying rent when im 15 minutes from town.

Nobody has a problem with it man.

If my parents took myself and the woman in we would have an extra €1500 a month to play.

Not gonna happen though. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I moved out at the age of 17 and never returned, I now live 170 miles away so I wont be back.. You cant beat mammys fry up though.. :)

Actually, when is the next motors meet? I should be able to make the next one...

Actually, when is the next motors meet? I should be able to make the next one...

Don't know if i can make it, was deeply hurt no pink gti at the last one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Some people at meet sow my non spoiler edition, but they will newer admit, that it looks good! :D

Yeah I saw it.

Looked shít.

True story.

:pac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Stupid phone. Double post.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I know, but it was still pretty funny. :pac:

I'm still giggling about it :)

If it makes sense financially and you get on with your parents it's the way to go though :)

Stheno wrote: »
    I'm still giggling about it :)

If it makes sense financially and you get on with your parents it's the way to go though :)

Can we drop it?

I meant nothing by it and certainly didn't intend to offend MM.

Cheers. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Can we drop it?

Cheers. ;)

Sorry :)

I think he is a bit mad at us.... Maybe we took it a wee bit far?

... I guess his mum will make him lovely pancakes and he will be grand again.

Well im off downstairs to see if the mammy has the kettle boiled, suckers !

Can we drop it?

Cheers. ;)

Aaa feck no! If I suffer for my spoiler, he will suffer for his mammy! :D

I'm feeling like a sucker now, I bring the OH breakfast in bed every work morning, and he doesn't know how to use the grill or oven :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I'm feeling like a sucker now, I bring the OH breakfast in bed every work morning, and he doesn't know how to use the grill or oven :eek:

WHAT?????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Really?

-Corkie- wrote: »
    WHAT?????????

What what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Of course not!

But you have to move out of the mammys at some stage. :p
    Been laughing at this all day...

This came to mind. :D
    375864_10151241823445560_1725178390_n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.