Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

That's the m83 song midnight city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Hal1 wrote: »
    That's the m83 song midnight city.

That's the one! Love that song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

After a busy and demanding day at work I thought it was best to wind down and go for a little drive straight after work. Many miles racked up around Weatmeath this time, from bumpy roads to twisty roads, wide to narrow. Stopped in Delvin for a mars bar just like old times :pac:

Anyone see me this time? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Westmeath you say?

where aboots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I was in mondello today bumming passo laps in Joe Powers crazy scooby. These were in the car park

20121012_173701.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Holy sh!t looks like a good party!

Cant make out the reg's are they german??

My day was less interesting, traffic all day, pains in my leg from clutching, fooking jeep, its like pushing a clutch in a 135.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Holy sh!t looks like a good party!

Cant make out the reg's are they german??

My day was less interesting, traffic all day, pains in my leg from clutching, fooking jeep, its like pushing a clutch in a 135.
    All different, some UK. There was a matte black one with no plates. The Nissan dealer.conference is on there next week. The 370Z's look fully race prepped
    20121012_173726.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ryaner1979

Anyone ever get that stuff put into your tyres to prevent punctures?? Is it worth €90 to get the 4 tyres done??

ryaner1979 wrote: »
    .......... Is it worth €90 to get the 4 tyres done??

Presuming it works perfectly you'd need to look at it like this to ascertain is it worth getting done imo
    - how many punctures do you expect to get over the lifetime of a set of tyres
    - is it worth €90 not to get "any" (sh1t still happens so you can't rule out ever getting one even if the tack is good)

RoverJames wrote: »
    Presuming it works perfectly you'd need to look at it like this to ascertain is it worth getting done imo
    - how many punctures do you expect to get over the lifetime of a set of tyres
    - is it worth €90 not to get "any" (sh1t still happens so you can't rule out ever getting one even if the tack is good)

I know you might get none in a year but then you could get 2 in a week. Like the idea of the security of being puncture free and not having to worry about getting a blow out on a motorway. Does the stuff work tho? Doesn't seem to be many reviews online about it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I know you might get none in a year but then you could get 2 in a week. Like the idea of the security of being puncture free and not having to worry about getting a blow out on a motorway. Does the stuff work tho? Doesn't seem to be many reviews online about it

Is it not more of a case that it works in that if you get a puncture it keeps the tyre from deflating and you still have to get the puncture repaired or replace the tyre?

Stheno wrote: »
    Is it not more of a case that it works in that if you get a puncture it keeps the tyre from deflating and you still have to get the puncture repaired or replace the tyre?

Reading on their site it seems you just take any screw out and the tyre stays the same pressure and no need to replace or repair the tyre. Find it hard to believe which is why im asking on here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Reading on their site it seems you just take any screw out and the tyre stays the same pressure and no need to replace or repair the tyre. Find it hard to believe which is why im asking on here

I cant even remember the last time I had a puncture, so personally I wouldnt bother. I definately wouldnt pay the price of a tire to get it done, but maybe thats just me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Anyone got 10k??? It looks to be maintained very well.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4021944

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Anyone got 10k??? It looks to be maintained very well.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4021944

Gotta love the s4 estate. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Ya, that is nice. Not to fond of the alloys though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Gotta love the s4 estate. :)

+ 1 they look great also you never see a turf burner Avant with S4 badges. Its amazing how cheap they are now..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Ya, that is nice. Not to fond of the alloys though.

I think the alloys are the nicest thing about it. :)

snowflakes! its arden blue on the g gsi that i like, really rare and the only one i know here. dont like the g anymore but i do like the look of that one, i think it has mk5 opc recaros in it too. 200bhp standard aint bad either

• Advertisement

dar83 wrote: »
    I think the alloys are the nicest thing about it. :)

Tastes differ and all that jazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Wouldn't pay over 3 grand for it tbh

god no me neither but its very tidy for an irish car.

I actually always wanted one of these. This mightn't be the best example of one though.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4021179

or

One of these. This might be over priced as I don't know what these usually go for.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3693227

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

One of these. This might be over priced as I don't know what these usually go for.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3693227

Pretty sure i seen that getting petrol today.

tossy wrote: »
    Pretty sure i seen that getting petrol today.

Id say you could have alright, I think the RS are fairly rare around Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Id say you could have alright, I think the RS are fairly rare around Ireland.

Wouldn't know my arse from my elbow when it comes to toyotas so could have been a rep or real deal lol

tossy wrote: »
    Wouldn't know my arse from my elbow when it comes to toyotas so could have been a rep or real deal lol

Im the same, but its never to late to learn. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/carparts/4005418

seems like a very sad ending for a lovely car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Thats just wrong :(

Parts are expensive though if it's something terminal, and it's even in the best colour :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement