Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you are pregnant , don't bother with MY school

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

This young girl can't get into school and yet the bankers who ruined the enonomy can send their kids to any school they want, some justice !

I think you meant to say these bankers cannot get into jail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Old Tom

Biggins wrote: »
    Aaa.. I'm a qualified teacher and have taught, amid other things.
    Does that count sir?
    Whoever gave a person with your attitude towards other people right to teach children and possibly act as an authority must have been insane.

EDIT: "Have taught" sounds like someone has corrected the mistake... :rolleyes:

Do schools give maternity leave to children?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Old Tom wrote: »
    Whoever gave a person with your attitude towards other people right to teach children and possibly act as an authority must have been insane.

O' right, because your such a charmer yourself and so better?
    More stupidity!

Your whole words on this matter show your own character and frankly I personally won't want you near any children of this state if I could help it.
    You would be a disgrace to the Irish education system.

Edit:
    "Have taught" sounds like someone has corrected the mistake...
    Actually seeing as you seem to know me so well, I shouldn't have to explain then that I have gone on to set-up a number of companies, one of which is also registered with www.IRO.ie and the www.cro.ie, is an education company.
    ...But hey, carry on with your daftness....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

EDIT: "Have taught" sounds like someone has corrected the mistake... :rolleyes:

And why's that? While I can't say I agree with Biggins on everything, I don't see how he's an unsuitable authority for children

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I presume the school is as diligent about refusing teenage boys who impregnate girls entry to education.

Of course this is the kind of policy Jesus would be proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

She didnt setle in the other schools , wonder why . Perhaps were not seeing the full picture here.

From anything ive seen Of school age pregnancies, they dont seem to happen to the quiet or academic types . If this girl is anything like the ones I went to school with who got preggers then Id say theres a lot more to it, and the kid is just an easy excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

She didnt setle in the other schools , wonder why . Perhaps were not seeing the full picture here.

From anything ive seen Of school age pregnancies, they dont seem to happen to the quiet or academic types . If this girl is anything like the ones I went to school with who got preggers then Id say theres a lot more to it, and the kid is just an easy excuse.

Maybe there is other things at play here but the issue is the school refused her on the basis she was pregnant and then later on because she was an unmarried mother. There are plenty of unmarried parents who want to do well, who have so much potential and would excel at school -many do. Not all teen parents end up on welfare but they need support and this school will just continue to behave like this if they are allowed to get away with it. Its probably not much use to the girl in question but if it helps others in future then they need to be exposed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Min wrote: »

It's not maternity leave in the classic sense of the word, in that it is not paid leave. But of course a girl who has had a baby needs time off leading up to and following the birth.
    The governement cover up to 10 weeks of home tuition. But it has to be applied for through the school and GP letters have to be given as to why a girl cannot attend the school as normal.

The fact that there is idiots still in this world that would reject a person just because of a medical or previous medical condition, is sad!

What's worse is that some of them are even here with this stupidest out-dated train of thought, in this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

lazygal wrote: »
    I presume the school is as diligent about refusing teenage boys who impregnate girls entry to education.

Of course this is the kind of policy Jesus would be proud of.

Good point. And you'd swear Christianity was all about tolerance and forgiveness and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

If you read the report , she was attending a school ( her second school having dropped out after Junior Cert and tried work ) , she got home schooling from the state during her ' maternity leave ' after which she wanted to attend ' school A ( the school in question ) because her friends were there , and it was ' outside the city ' .

So the answer seems to be yes , with home schooling provided by the state , I am open to correction by people who may know the rules better.

O' right, because your such a charmer yourself and so better?
    More stupidity!

Your whole words on this matter show your own character and frankly I personally won't want you near any children of this state if I could help it.
    You would be a disgrace to the Irish education system.
    Haha, you are funny :) The few posts in AH show my character... Excellent. I said "It's freedom, the school has right to make a decision" - here I am, a devil himself, Nazi, homophobic idiot and frustrated bigot.

I an indeed surprised how often reasonable (by the looks of things) people like you use expressions such as "stupidity", "arsehole", "idiocy" etc. towards others.

I don't teach, never have, never will. I have my own family and kids to look after and I'm proud of it. Have I called that girl any names? No, but it does stop stupid crowd to crucify anyone who is against, abuse them, call them names.

I really don't care what the AH leftist crowd says about me, I totally don't give a single damn - and I will say whatever I think until a friendly mod bans me in the name of leftist tolerance.

Now, you can come back to your mantra about stupidity, my little all-knowing genius :rolleyes:

St.Spodo wrote: »
    Good point. And you'd swear Christianity was all about tolerance and forgiveness and all that.

To forgive one has to be sorry for the wrong they did.

Was this schoolgirl sorry she has loose morals while wanting to enter a lay Catholic school which has different morals?
    If the school girl was sorry for her actions, then the school should have taken her in, if not then the problem is not the school's.

...Now, you can come back to your mantra about stupidity, my little all-knowing genius :rolleyes:

Well judging by your amazing ability to know me so well that you can judge my level of skill in supplying an education process to others, you must be the all knowing one.

Your one of a kind sir and we all can see that.
    Good health.

Was this schoolgirl sorry she has loose morals while wanting to enter a lay Catholic school which has different morals?
    If the school girl was sorry for her actions, then the school should have taken her in, if not then the problem is not the school's.

Sorry for her actions? For producing a child?
    Why should she be apologetic for having a baby? Loose morals? Oh sweet Jesus :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

So, she has strong catholic beliefs then, is this why she wants to go to this particular school?

Or are they just complaining because they are used to having everything handed to them and have never been told 'no' before?

Home tuition paid for and OPFA (essentially paid maternity leave)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

Proper order. Good morals taught at that school, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

School should be named and the people running it sacked.

Ireland no longer appears to care about society, instead it's treated as if it's some big corporation where the main focus in on attracting investors and doing everything and anything to keep them happy.

Whatever happened to taking care of the most vulnerable in society?

• Advertisement

pmsl at this

The "sin" is in having sex...most kids who have sex - and adults for that matter - will be lucky enough not to get pregnant. Sadly for the ones who do - the girls that is - they wear their "sin" in public which makes it easier for people like you to think they are slappers.

micropig wrote: »
    So, she has strong catholic beliefs then, is this why she wants to go to this particular school?
    No she doesn't. Neither do most who attend catholic schools. There isn't a huge amount of choice out there.

Or are they just complaining because they are used to having everything handed to them and have never been told 'no' before?
    I'm fairly sure they are annoyed because a young girl was treated really badly.

You don't know that she gets one parent family payment. You know nothing about what she has or doesn't have. More ignorant assumptions. And one parent family allowance is not maternity leave. She had 10 weeks of home tuition. You'd begrudge the girl that? After giving birth? Should she have hopped out of the bed and trotted back into school? You do realise what happens when a woman gives birth right?

ash23 wrote: »
    Sorry for her actions? For producing a child?
    Why should she be apologetic for having a baby? Loose morals? Oh sweet Jesus :mad:

Yes for her actions, not for producing the child once she was pregnant. She was either 15 or 16 years old when she got pregnant, school children really shouldn't be having sex.
    You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

No, when I was her age, I was busy getting my education, brought up by parents with strong morals and didn't even consider sex an option until I was an adult.

She did the right thing keeping the baby, but the fact is she shouldn't have been putting herself about so she would end up pregnant.

we all can see that.
    Ah, "we all"... I see you are a Voice Of the Community now father ...

Ok, I'm gonna make myself a cup of coffee, have a nice day sir.

The saddest thing is that you are an educator yourself. I hope you don't treat your own students with such contempt.

Yes for her actions, not for producing the child once she was pregnant. She was either 15 or 16 years old when she got pregnant, school children really shouldn't be having sex.

No, when I was her age, I was busy getting my education, brought up by parents with strong morals and didn't even consider sex an option until I was an adult.

She did the right thing keeping the baby, but the fact is she shouldn't have been putting herself about so she would end up pregnant.

Well she did...no point wagging the finger after the fact. Do you think one bad decision should have what could be a life long effect on her? She had a baby, she didn't rob a bank or kill somone ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

I'm fairly sure they are annoyed because a young girl was treated really badly.

/QUOTE]

Yes it's the states fault, It's the schools fault, it's societies fault..

everyones fault but the mother and her daughter

She was enrolled in another school before giving birth - the state was providing her education

This is just a hissy fit she is throwing because she didn't get to go to the school she wanted,

Tough Sh1T

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

eviltwin wrote: »
    pmsl at this

The "sin" is in having sex...most kids who have sex - and adults for that matter - will be lucky enough not to get pregnant. Sadly for the ones who do - the girls that is - they wear their "sin" in public which makes it easier for people like you to think they are slappers.
    'Lucky' not to get pregnant? Since when does 'luck' come into it? Contraception is widely available. Bad parenting maybe?

...After giving birth? Should she have hopped out of the bed and trotted back into school? You do realise what happens when a woman gives birth right?

I couldn't help but laugh at that (in a good way - I totally agree with you Ash23).

My wife whom had four kids by me, couldn't barely walk for weeks after she gave birth to our offspring - never mind supposedly spring up and go anywhere beyond a room.

I would not deny anyone the right to immediately try and start up their studies in what ever way they can.
    In fact I find it admirable that the young woman even wished to, as soon as she possibly could!
    Thats some good thinking and certainly should not be knocked!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

So she should now be punished for getting pregnant is that it?

Ah yeah, what brilliant morals your parents instilled in you. The hypocrisy is ****ing laughable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement