Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennessee Titans Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

It seems on this according to Titans sources, that he is going to play DE rather than DT..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

It seems on this according to Titans sources, that he is going to play DE rather than DT..

Ye are signing up lots of ex-Jets which is good :P

Ropati is not a bad rotational player. Issue since day 1 is the he plays too upright and can easily be nullified.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans have Brandon Stokley - Broncos and Kevin Walter - Texans.

Would add depth, Stokley could push for a starting spot perhaps

Chris Spence, Guard from the Bears is also visiting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Chris Spence, Guard from the Bears is also visiting

If we sign another guard id have doubts of us going for onr in the draft.

• Advertisement

If we sign another guard id have doubts of us going for onr in the draft.

Yep am thinking that myself tbh, though we have lost 2 on the O-line, Amano would be cut i'd say so it's still more probable than we still go with Warmack but it does raise some more questions if we do.

Some chatter today that if the Titans have the option of Cooper and Warmack they'll go with Cooper

Some chatter today that if the Titans have the option of Cooper and Warmack they'll go with Cooper

I know Cooper has had an amazing combine and pro day.... but I'd still take Warmack.

I know Cooper has good tape as well as being a workout warrior but Warmack's tape portrays him as a serious special player. I think Warmack is the much safer choice. . .

So if we dont go guard at 10, where do you think we'll go?

So if we dont go guard at 10, where do you think we'll go?

I no longer think we are definitely going to go Guard. I think we'll take best player available for corner or pass rush if we don't go guard. I'd be surprised if we go safety in the first now considering the depth we added during Fa, albeit it short term depth.

Rhodes or Trufant is a possibility for our first although I think neither are worth the top 10 pick. Ansah maybe if he's available. Remember the giants jumped us to pick JPP 2 years ago so we might go for the athletic freak this time.

I Wonder if moving up for Miliner is an option?

Corner, pass rush and Right Guard hopefully will be addressed with our early picks.
    Then maybe a linebacker, a second corner, a pass catching tight end with our middle picks.

And then 3 projects with out late picks, S QB, WR/HB maybe.

It's very hard to see how we are gonna approach the draft, we signed a lot of players but a lot of them have question marks so we might still hit some of them areas in the draft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

I no longer think we are definitely going to go Guard. I think we'll take best player available for corner or pass rush if we don't go guard. I'd be surprised if we go safety in the first now considering the depth we added during Fa, albeit it short term depth.

Rhodes or Trufant is a possibility for our first although I think neither are worth the top 10 pick. Ansah maybe if he's available. Remember the giants jumped us to pick JPP 2 years ago so we might go for the athletic freak this time.

I Wonder if moving up for Miliner is an option?

Corner, pass rush and Right Guard hopefully will be addressed with our early picks.
    Then maybe a linebacker, a second corner, a pass catching tight end with our middle picks.

And then 3 projects with out late picks, S QB, WR/HB maybe.

It's very hard to see how we are gonna approach the draft, we signed a lot of players but a lot of them have question marks so we might still hit some of them areas in the draft.

I almost completely agree with what you're saying about the first pick there. The only other position I think we might look at is DT. I don't think it's a glaring need as we have decent depth and some pretty good players like Jurell Casey and the recently signed Sammy Hill. However I wonder if Star Lotulelei or Shariff Floyd are still available at 10 would we consider them?

would you guys not think that we'd still go with a guard just to have an awesome O-line?

Given that it will(should) promote a very good offense is it still worth spending the pick on and then taking a DE/CB in the 2nd/3rd or even switching that around.

Ravens picked up Huff for a 6 million 3 year deal, we missed a good player for peanuts there!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

would you guys not think that we'd still go with a guard just to have an awesome O-line?

Given that it will(should) promote a very good offense is it still worth spending the pick on and then taking a DE/CB in the 2nd/3rd or even switching that around.

I think with Munchak being HC and Matthews coaching the O-line there may be a feeling that they can identify guys later in the draft and coach them up, however it's possible that hasn't worked out for them a they might have hoped. That being said I wouldn't mind if we got someone like Larry Warford in the second round if we go with a different position in the 1st.

I still want us to take Warmack, but it just looks less likely every day.

I'd like for us to take Warmack, best DE end available for our 2nd pick and then take a chance on Matheiu with one of our thirds.

I still believe that taking a Guard has the best knock on affect to the rest of the team.

I was actually thinking about us taking Werner in the second round. I'm now seeing opinions that he isnt expected to be taken until the 3rd round.

(10)Warmack -> (40)Carradine -> (70)Werner -> (97) Matheiu -> (107) BPA for a need -> (142) Tyler Bray as a project -> rest

I was actually thinking about us taking Werner in the second round. I'm now seeing opinions that he isnt expected to be taken until the 3rd round.

(10)Warmack -> (40)Carradine -> (70)Werner -> (97) Matheiu -> (107) BPA for a need -> (142) Tyler Bray as a project -> rest

Where are you reading that Werner is going in the 3rd. That's a very optimstic draft tbh. Carradine and Werner will both probably go in the 1st from what I have seen. Both are in play for Giants at 19 if we go DE

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Where are you reading that Werner is going in the 3rd. That's a very optimstic draft tbh. Carradine and Werner will both probably go in the 1st from what I have seen. Both are in play for Giants at 19 if we go DE

I was doing 'research' for my mock draft and came across the opinion on a few different websites. Im on my phone now so can't check. But I will admit it is a very optimistic draft

Wait, I could actually be mistaken, it may have been hunt not Werner.

Wait, I could actually be mistaken, it may have been hunt not Werner.

Fair enough :D

Hunt would prob be there for ye in the 2nd not sure about the 3rd. Damontre Moore from TexasA&M is falling a bit as well. Would he be a good fit in your D?

• Advertisement

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Fair enough :D

Hunt would prob be there for ye in the 2nd not sure about the 3rd. Damontre Moore from TexasA&M is falling a bit as well. Would he be a good fit in your D?

I think he'd be a good fit with any D. He played DE in a 4-3 and linebacker in a 3-4 so one of his appealing traits is that he can fit with any team. Assuming he performs as expected he'd be an improvement to our pass-rush no doubt!

Some more chatter today around the Titans taking Floyd, i dont think so given the acquisition of Sammie Hill and Pitoitua. Marks is gone and given we'll probably take a DE in the draft lower rounds i cant see us taking him

So we've signed Kevin Walter a Wr and a new G/C spencer.

Spencer is for depth even though he's a first round pick. Amano must certainly be gone now, would expect velasco to get the starting C spot with spencer and turner. Presuming we still go for Warmack we'll have an excellent front line with depth!

On the Wr front we have a very big 6'3 target now, lets use him!

Mayock has updated his top 5 at each position and he's moved tyler bray to number 5. I've said it all along he can be a special player. If he can grow up and leave his immaturity behind he can be something special.

I wan't us to take him late and develop him!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 EoinM1996

Well lads im new to this.. I never thought i'd find other Irish titans fans!

EoinM1996 wrote: »
    Well lads im new to this.. I never thought i'd find other Irish titans fans!

Now you have found two! The only two! :P

Now you have found two! The only two! :P

We are a rare breed tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 EoinM1996

Haha, its good to see all the same. Ye should join http://www.titansreport.com/index alot of Titans fans on there.. some good discussion!

Only 9 days til the fixture release and the sooner the better tbh.
    going to see the Titans @ Hawks game and need to find out when it is, the suspense is killing me!
    Hoping for September...

• Advertisement

So the schedule and our new an improved team...

@ Steelers (narrow win)
    @ Texans (Loss)
    Chargers (win)
    Jets (win)
    Chiefs (win)
    @Seahawks (loss)
    49'ers (loss)
    BYE
    @ Rams (win)
    Jags (win)
    Colts (loss)
    @ Raiders (win)
    Colts (Win)
    @ Broncos (loss)
    Cardinals (win)
    @Jags (win)
    Texans (loss)

Probably being a bit optimistic on a couple but 8-8 i think is very much achievable

Advertisement