Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennessee Titans Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Who's Rob Turner?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Who's Rob Turner?

O-lineman used to play for the Jets. Famous for getting in a fight with Vernon Gholston in the Hard Knocks series

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Any use?

Any use?

Don't know. The jets are poor in alot of places but centre and guard are strong spots for them so breaking into that line-up would not have been easy

Was at the Rams last year actually. Played a good bit but was reserve until their centre got injured.

I wouldn't expect him to be an upgrade over what's there already. Good back-up though. Played Guard and Centre for Rams

On NFL.com we have been linked with Huff, but nothing so far on any titans sites that i can see.
    It's normally the other way round!

I would love to get him tbh but i think we could spend the money in other places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

On NFL.com we have been linked with Huff, but nothing so far on any titans sites that i can see.
    It's normally the other way round!

I would love to get him tbh but i think we could spend the money in other places.

I kind of disagree, Cb first and pass rusher second. His versatility makes him even more appealing!

Huff/Grimes & doom/abraham and I'm happy!

I don't know if we have the cap to get both and have enough for our draft picks though. we should have. . .

I kind of disagree, Cb first and pass rusher second. His versatility makes him even more appealing!

Huff/Grimes & doom/abraham and I'm happy!

I don't know if we have the cap to get both and have enough for our draft picks though. we should have. . .

We'd have the cap if we let Washington go, i think doom looks set to go back to Denver. But as Huff can play CB i suppose we could do something..
    Osi looks like he wont be coming to Tennessee anyway!

C2J having a big moan about Greene taking some snaps after Munch's comments in the last day or so.

Hopefully this will spur him on to a good season!

so Pollard on a 1 year deal, very interesting we should have a pretty damn good secondary with the addition of a CB in the draft or FA

so Pollard on a 1 year deal, very interesting we should have a pretty damn good secondary with the addition of a CB in the draft or FA

I like this move a lot, our d needs a bit of a mean streak and pollard brings that.

I've a feeling that will be it for us in free agency. We'll look to fill the remaining gaps in the draft.

• Advertisement

Yep, I suppose the question is now that it looks like we have the D sorted for the most part do we still go with Warmack or do we add the missing DE/CB... My money is on Warmack,CB,DE in the draft and in that order

Yep, I suppose the question is now that it looks like we have the D sorted for the most part do we still go with Warmack or do we add the missing DE/CB... My money is on Warmack,CB,DE in the draft and in that order

If Trufant drops to our second pick I think we'll take him otherwise we'll go with DE in my opinion.

I'm really hopeful for next season. Other than Greene we made clever signings and I think we'll get two instant starters from the draft (maybe 3 the depth is that good) and I think we have a great shot at a wildcard spot and beating the colts to second spot in the division. Even with our new signings and whoever we draft, our season will balance on how well Locker and CJ perform. If they are both poor again this year then all the work in free agency is for nothing.

Agreed, if we cant get it done on offense, it wont matter how good the D is as they'll get battered all game long

Agreed, if we cant get it done on offense, it wont matter how good the D is as they'll get battered all game long

All mocks have us taking Cooper instead of Warmack, I think that would be a massive mistake if titans take Cooper over Warmack.

Tape>Combine

All mocks have us taking Cooper instead of Warmack, I think that would be a massive mistake if titans take Cooper over Warmack.

Tape>Combine

And yet it happens so so often. Warmack is a beast so really hope ye take him

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

Tape>Combine

I'm certainly no expert on judging college players NFL tape, particularly at a position like guard. But I'm pretty sure Coopers tape is impressive as well? He's also more athletic than Warmack. Could be a case where if it was Cooper who played with 'Bama and Warmack with UNC then Cooper might be the one getting more of the plaudits.

Could we see 2 guards go in the top 15-20 picks this year?

I certainly think so, both are good enough, it's probably a toss of a coin in who we take

If Trufant drops to our second pick I think we'll take him otherwise we'll go with DE in my opinion.

I'm really hopeful for next season. Other than Greene we made clever signings and I think we'll get two instant starters from the draft (maybe 3 the depth is that good) and I think we have a great shot at a wildcard spot and beating the colts to second spot in the division. Even with our new signings and whoever we draft, our season will balance on how well Locker and CJ perform. If they are both poor again this year then all the work in free agency is for nothing.

Is there any chance at all of this? I was thinking that he might be under consideration for 10 overall, would be very surprised if he was there in the second.
    I certainly think so, both are good enough, it's probably a toss of a coin in who we take

With the Titans FA addition I'm starting to believe more and more that we may well take Cooper or Warmack in the 1st, however I still think it's very possible we go in a different direction.

I wouldn't be surprised with a CB (Trufant, maybe even Rhodes), DE (Number of possibilities at the top of the draft) or even a DT (we have good numbers at DT but if a Star Loutilelei of Sharif Floyd were available I think they might be considered).

It seems to me that it's down to those three or four positions, however I remember how shocked I was at the Wright pick last year. I guess sometimes it's impossible to know just how high a team can be on certain players.

Would you guys think that Warmack would last past the 1st round?

I doubt it. In my opinion worst case scenario for him would be a situation mirroring DeCastro last year. Falls out of the top 20/25 because of the position he plays, some lucky team like the Ravens/Packers/Patriots/Steelers say thank you very much and snap him up.

• Advertisement

Neither Warmack or Cooper will be! No chance!

Heffo001 wrote: »
    Is there any chance at all of this? I was thinking that he might be under consideration for 10 overall, would be very surprised if he was there in the second.

I think there is a chance maybe not a big chance though. I really doubt he'll be taken in the top 25 and depending on team need from 25 to 41 he might be there for our second round pick.

I think there is a chance maybe not a big chance though. I really doubt he'll be taken in the top 25 and depending on team need from 25 to 41 he might be there for our second round pick.

I've seen recent mocks that have him going between 10-15. People seem to be predicting a Stephon Gilmore like rise for him.

I've seen recent mocks that have him going between 10-15. People seem to be predicting a Stephon Gilmore like rise for him.

He's not as good as milliner and Rhodes, and I can't see all three going in the top 15. Stranger things have happened though

He's not as good as milliner and Rhodes, and I can't see all three going in the top 15. Stranger things have happened though

Would agree on Milliner, not so sure on Rhodes though. His combine numbers have shot him back into the high to mid 1st round after his tape had knocked him back towards the second. There's not much between the 2 imo.

Would agree on Milliner, not so sure on Rhodes though. His combine numbers have shot him back into the high to mid 1st round after his tape had knocked him back towards the second. There's not much between the 2 imo.

I put very little stock in the combine as long as they dont bomb it completely.

I put very little stock in the combine as long as they dont bomb it completely.

Same, I'm referring to Rhodes rather than Trufant though. I think Trufant owes his rise to a combination of the Combine and the Senior Bowl. In Rhodes case I saw him very high on a lot of boards at the end of the 2011 college football season. However he seemed to gradually drop throughout 2012, I think his impressive combine numbers have helped his rise back up boards.

Is this the coaching staff just doing their due diligence or could we be looking at taking a WR in one of the first three rounds. Unless Washington goes I think we have good numbers there. However there is likely to be a lot of good WR talent available in rounds 2 and 3 in this draft.

Yeah seen that earlier, i would imagine they'll work out quite a few people.

I mean in the first round there are 9 people picking before us, in the second round 32 have picked before us, who knows what will happen!

• Advertisement

Titans have signed another D-line man Ropati Pitoitua from the Chiefs he's 6'8 and 315 lbs, another run stuffer it seems!

Advertisement