Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennessee Titans Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Brandon Gibson WR (from Rams) coming to visit the Titans, looks like Washington is on his way out :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Fokou gets signed to a 2 year 2.8 million deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Dont rate Gibson at all. We've made some good signings but we are starting to make some bad ones now... we aren't linked with any of the good free agent dbs which worries me

Dont know anything about Gibson tbh, but agree DB and DE should be the priority now.

There has been literally nothing on twitter etc about Osi which is odd i think

Raiders DE Matt Shaugnessy is coming to visit, we'll have a pretty decent DE situation if we sign him, presume we'll pick another one up mid draft too

• Advertisement

Raiders DE Matt Shaugnessy is coming to visit, we'll have a pretty decent DE situation if we sign him, presume we'll pick another one up mid draft too

Is he a run stopping de? His stats are pretty poor for getting to the qb

Yep he's a run DE, he's quite big 285lbs and 6'5, would imagine him and Sammie Hill will be deployed quite a lot against run heavy teams

Yep he's a run DE, he's quite big 285lbs and 6'5, would imagine him and Sammie Hill will be deployed quite a lot against run heavy teams

Well thats good, we still need a pass rusher though. . . .

Well thats good, we still need a pass rusher though. . . .

Yep.. I have a feeling thats going to be a draft target.
    If they take on Shaugnessy and then Gibson, i'm not sure how much will be left for a pass rushing DE

Yep.. I have a feeling thats going to be a draft target.
    If they take on Shaugnessy and the Gibson, i'm not sure how much will be left for a pass rushing DE

Or a corner. Don't get me wrong we signed good players so far. However, we didn't sign anyone for our two biggest needs. .

• Advertisement

Or a corner. Don't get me wrong we signed good players so far. However, we didn't sign anyone for our two biggest needs. .

Had completely forgotten about a CB, the only one we've been linked to went to the Saints..

Shaugnessy signs a one year deal with the Cards

Gibson gone to the Dolphins it seems

Gibson gone to the Dolphins it seems

Neither are a great loss to be honest. We still need to sign more players so I hope we aren't finished yet.

Pollard visited yesterday... Interesting moves but nothing seems to have come of it seeing as its just been reported now

Pollard visited yesterday... Interesting moves but nothing seems to have come of it seeing as its just been reported now

I read that myself, is it a good idea having pollard coached by Williams ha. I like what pollard brings to the team on the field but he sounds like the type of guy who could cause locker room issues. For the right price I'd like to see us take a chance on him. Pollard grimes and doom and I'm happy.

Titans have met with Fitzpatrick... Cheaper than Hass and also would free up cap room for a run at Doom

Id rather draft a late round qb as a project and back up.

That depends on Locker staying healthy though..

That depends on Locker staying healthy though..

Well tahts why were spending so much money on O line talent!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Titans have informed veteran QB Matt Hasselbeck he’s being released.

TO. wrote: »

:(
    Always had a soft spot for The Hass after his Hawks days...
    Would expect a QB announcement pretty soon...

TO. wrote: »

I like the guy a lot but its the right move for the titans. No reason why he can't go and fight for a job somewhere else. He still has a bit left in the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I'd agree 100% with both of above. Hasslebeck still has a bit left and could be nice stop gap if some team drafted Tyler Wilson/Bray to give them a chance to develop.

Really hope Jake Locker can get fit and stay fit now and fulfill his potential

Seems it was about money, tbh I'd get him back and draft a young'un and get rid of Rusty

Seems it was about money, tbh I'd get him back and draft a young'un and get rid of Rusty

I'd love us to draft Bray. If we could get him in the 4th, 1st warmack, 2 pass-rusher, 3 matieu, 4 bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

3 compensatory picks is pretty nice. Especially that 3rd round one!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Titans have met with Fitzpatrick... Cheaper than Hass and also would free up cap room for a run at Doom

Being reported as a done deal now per Schefter.

As a Bills fan, I've a soft spot for Fitzy. Yeah his record isn't exactly amazing but he's a solid nfl backup, extremely intelligent and will take the hits. Kinda hoped he'd restructure with Buffalo to stay another season to help mentor a new draftee. Maybe he just wanted to follow Levitre!

Not a bad day for the titans, picks and Fitz!

• Advertisement

Not a bad day for the titans, picks and Fitz!

The third round comp pick is such a good pick for this draft. We could easily pick up a player of second round quality.

Advertisement