Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennessee Titans Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

yeah we'll just agree to disagree.

In regards to titans going BPA, if that is the case, I really question their ratings of the prospects. You yourself said that in several cases there were others you would have rathered draft.

In regards to banks though, he is far and away a better player than wreh. Speed only matters if you miss tackles and need to recover which unfortunately happened to wreh a lot in college. Banks is possibly the best at tackling of the corners in this draft.

In regards to Carradine's acl, considering how well athletes are recovering from this injury these days, it shouldn't be a worry. Even Hunter came back from an ACL injury.

I'm not as convinced with our WR corps as your are. I think hunter is as inconsistent as they come, the potential to make big plays but drops way too many balls. Sound like someone else?

With all that said, until the end of the coming season or even the following season we really won't know how good this draft is. So don't get me wrong I hope it turns out you are right and not me.

On BPA, yes there are players I like more, but what do I know? I liked Bray, Okafor, Quanterus Smith, Floyd and probably numerous others that slipped on draft day.

Banks might be the better player, but there was some talk of Wreh-Wilson sneaking into the first round of the draft, obviously that would've been too high but I think he's definitely a 2nd round talent. I believe Wreh-Wilson ran a 4.39 at his pro day and even his 4.53 at the combine was better than Banks who ran in the 4.6s. Where did you hear he was a bad tackler? I didn't notice it in the tape I saw and I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. Jim Wyatt also said the biggest reception he gave up last year was 18 yards (not sure where he gets that info from though).

ACL tears are easier to recover from than in the past. However Hunter also said he never felt at 100% last year and you know last years Britt didn't compare to the player he was before his ACL. I think in most cases outside of Adrian Peterson players need at least a year to return to previous form. And in some cases that form may never return. Add in that without the injury there probably would've been other questions about Carradine.

Hunter has had some problems with drops, but he has elite measurables, good college production and big play potential. Call me optimistic but I hope Britt can return to pre-injury form this season and with him and Hunter lining up on the outside, Wright in the slot and CJ in the backfield I think we could be in for good things next year.

As I said earlier my main worry going into this season is Locker. If Locker can't perform with the offensive pieces we've added in the off season then at least we'll know he's not our QB of the future and can move on to a new chapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Heffo001 wrote: »
    On BPA, yes there are players I like more, but what do I know? I liked Bray, Okafor, Quanterus Smith, Floyd and probably numerous others that slipped on draft day.

Banks might be the better player, but there was some talk of Wreh-Wilson sneaking into the first round of the draft, obviously that would've been too high but I think he's definitely a 2nd round talent. I believe Wreh-Wilson ran a 4.39 at his pro day and even his 4.53 at the combine was better than Banks who ran in the 4.6s. Where did you hear he was a bad tackler? I didn't notice it in the tape I saw and I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. Jim Wyatt also said the biggest reception he gave up last year was 18 yards (not sure where he gets that info from though).

ACL tears are easier to recover from than in the past. However Hunter also said he never felt at 100% last year and you know last years Britt didn't compare to the player he was before his ACL. I think in most cases outside of Adrian Peterson players need at least a year to return to previous form. And in some cases that form may never return. Add in that without the injury there probably would've been other questions about Carradine.

Hunter has had some problems with drops, but he has elite measurables, good college production and big play potential. Call me optimistic but I hope Britt can return to pre-injury form this season and with him and Hunter lining up on the outside, Wright in the slot and CJ in the backfield I think we could be in for good things next year.

As I said earlier my main worry going into this season is Locker. If Locker can't perform with the offensive pieces we've added in the off season then at least we'll know he's not our QB of the future and can move on to a new chapter.

I never heard any talk of him going in the first round. To me he's a thrid rounder who got picked in the third round. It's a fairly popular opinion on Wreh, a quick google will bring up some articles about him and some analysis, worth a read considering he's one of us now. NfL, CBSS, ESPN, Bleacher-report and others all say he has poor tackling and bites on play actions and doesn't have the speed to recover. It was evident at the senior bowl too.

Pro day times are done on a stop watch so mean nothing unfortunately.

Regardless of what we disagree on, I agree that our season is balanced on Lockers performance. If he's poor then all our new pieces are irrelevant. Its a QB driven league and we need Locker paying well.
    The read option might be the best way to get the most out of Locker. He is very very dangerous with his legs, he runs very powerfully as opposed to the elusive hybrid Qb's like RG3 and Newton.

We have the O-line to pull it off and Walker would really compliment that style of offence with his superb blocking ability.
    Is Shonne Greene good at blocking?

Read option could work alright. However that further increases Lockers chances of getting injured and if he gets injured again there's no like for like replacement at QB...... unless Rusty fancies running a bit of read option. Couldn't tell you if Greene is a good blocker. Whatever happens Locker has a lot to prove.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

How much time would you guys be prepared to give Locker before throwing Fitz in?

How much time would you guys be prepared to give Locker before throwing Fitz in?

All season unless he's absolutely shocking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

It's been very hard to judge Locker so far due to injuries. I wouldn't see any point in putting Fitzpatrick in unless he gets injured again.

He just needs a 16 game season injury free to judge him on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dohnny i'd agree, Fitz should go in but only if we are awful at QB.

Even if we are losing games and Locker is playing well then that is a massive improvement

Ya I'd be of the same opinion. I think we need to give him every chance to succeed and going by the draft and free agency I think that's how the front office feel. I like this front office and Ruston Webster as GM especially so I'm hoping if Locker isn't the guy but the rest of the team performs well that they get the chance to move forward with a different QB.

In other new the Titans signed 2nd and 4th ranked players going into the CFL draft this year as UFAs. Obviously they haven't played top competition before, but they are both giant men so it will be interesting to see if either of them make it though camp. Also picked up the 3rd Englishman who was available in the draft, Tom Wort, who could have the best chance to make the roster with the lack of LB cover.

http://walterfootball.com/offseason2013ten.php

I know its too early to rate a draft, but walterfootball have rated all the drafts anyway.

I disagree with a few of his ratings especially Warmack!!!!!! It's making me hopeful seeing the A grade he gave us.

• Advertisement

http://walterfootball.com/offseason2013ten.php

I know its too early to rate a draft, but walterfootball have rated all the drafts anyway.

I disagree with a few of his ratings especially Warmack!!!!!! It's making me hopeful seeing the A grade he gave us.

I can see why he gave it though. Generally guard isn't valued that high in the draft which knocks the grade down. However as he notes we didn't have much other options and despite the fact in other years it would be too high for a guard, he will still be a fantastic player for us and hopefully a perennial pro bowler.

To be honest the only pick I'm not that happy with in this whole draft is Gooden. He's an incredible athlete but from the game tape I saw of him it looks like he will need a lot of coaching up and there were plenty of prospects in the next round that I perferred. Considering it was a Compensatory pick and therefore a bit of a luxury we could have even gone with Barkley or Nassib. But here's hoping the coaching staff manage to turn him into a great player, chances are he'll need to play early with our LB depth and McCarthy's injury history.

Not sure I agree with Walters assessment that Webster might be fired if Locker has a bad season though. I think it will be Munchak and his staff who are more at risk if that happens and considerable improvement is not shown in other areas. I don't believe Webster was GM yet by the time Locker was drafted and considering what he did with our last draft, hopefully this draft and the best free agency we've had in a long while I think he should be given longer.

This is Webster's first offseason, so that was a ridiculous opinion. Compared to our previous offseasons, Webster is doing very well.

This is Webster's first offseason, so that was a ridiculous opinion. Compared to our previous offseasons, Webster is doing very well.

Are you sure this is his first full offseason as GM? He was definitely GM for the draft last year but I can't remember at what stage he became GM. That's why I'm interested to see what happens with Gooden. I've seen some people say the Titans are focusing too much on 40 times in the draft under Webster. But there's contrasting evidence with that and last years draft looked pretty good through the first 4 rounds at least with the remaining picks still having time to prove themselves.

Munch will be gone, Webster wont.

Here's the question, when Adams dies, i presume his son ascends to the throne?

Munch will be gone, Webster wont.

Here's the question, when Adams dies, i presume his son ascends to the throne?

Not sure. I don't really know anything about the inner workings of the family, but I do remember when we were linked with Peyton last year and there was talk of him getting some sort of a percentage of the franchise in return, I read somewhere that his son had no interest in being the owner of a football franchise.

But that could just be pure speculation as I can't even remember where I heard it from.

The following have visited the titans in the last couple of days idonije DE, winston OT, jason Allen CB

Heffo001 wrote: »
    Are you sure this is his first full offseason as GM? He was definitely GM for the draft last year but I can't remember at what stage he became GM. That's why I'm interested to see what happens with Gooden. I've seen some people say the Titans are focusing too much on 40 times in the draft under Webster. But there's contrasting evidence with that and last years draft looked pretty good through the first 4 rounds at least with the remaining picks still having time to prove themselves.

You're right, its his second.

Lavelle Hawkins has been realeased

Lavelle Hawkins has been realeased

Wouldn't be surprised to see another WR gone before the season as well, will be interesting to see what happens. I'd say they'll be looking to trade Washington if there is there is a willing buyer. Will Mariani be cut with Reynaud there? Is Kevin Walters already surplus to requirements having just signed this off season?

I prefer to keep Washington than Walters tbh

• Advertisement

I prefer to keep Washington than Walters tbh

Same, but assuming the staff see Britt, Wright and Hunter as their top 3 guys, Washington might be making to much money as a 4th guy. Plus they were supposedly shopping him around a few weeks before they drafted Hunter. Also I think Williams is plenty good enough to be 4th on the depth chart, I would be surprised if at least one more WR is traded or cut.

Abraham is having a 2 day visit...

Freeney also visiting it seems

I won't feel so bad about the hunter pick if we get one of them two. I would rather Abraham, but would be happy with either

I imagine amano will get cut, he frees up good room and we don't lose ability. Velasco and schwenke are fine at centre. We could sign Abraham for short term gain and have him on certain downs and sign idonije as a long term player

Some mixed reports on the Abraham situation. Some analysts say it's pretty much done and a desk could be announced in the next few hours others saying discussions with titans but also other teams still on going and nobody is the clear favourite,

Sign the man!

Titans pick up DT Johnson formerly of the colts and titans. Very deep at DT now.

Tom wort the English guy has been released after failing his medical

Fokou arrested for a DUI back in Jan. Would seem the Titans knew about it prior to signing him up

All quiet on the Titans front.

Locker is going to play all preseason games
    Pollard wore pads on the first day of TC
    Walker is on the PUP list but expected to be fine
    Warmack still hasnt signed

So so so much is dependent on Locker this year

• Advertisement

Warmack has signed, so he'll be in TC tomorrow.

Tommie Campbell getting some serious love from some national writer guy who says that the Titans are a lot better than he expected.

Locker seems to have got more accurate as TC has progressed however he still seems wobble prone which is worrying.

Our monster DE/DT not even going to try spell his name is looking impressive as is Wimbley. Zach brown has been pegged as a pro bowler OLB already.

Advertisement