Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Seriously not selling this for EA/Dice anyway lads. every thing i read even those that like it are more meh about it than go out and get this. . may be I'm lucky I haven't picked it up yet. form the sound of it this will be out of the map rotations in a week or 2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Put it this way, when armoured kill comes out this wont be played again unless it appears in the map rotation and im not arsed leaving the server. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Am I the only one who sees alot of rehased assets in 'CQ'?

The level "Comrades" (from the bf3 campaign) comes to mind ...

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Undecided
    Dont want it looks like COD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Hate it
    GunMaster is a lot of fun even tho there are some retarded weapons you have to go through.
    I think tactical squad play is still needed, revives and tugs in a squad can still be game changing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

beno619 wrote: »
    GunMaster is a lot of fun even tho there are some retarded weapons you have to go through.
    I think tactical squad play is still needed, revives and tugs in a squad can still be game changing.

8 player gunmaster is excellent. Really suits the map sizes. 16 player is too much sometimes for any of the modes. Either way DICE now have much bigger expectations on the next expansion as most die hard BF fans have been disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Hate it
    I personally love it, I love the new weapons, the maps are pretty fun and high paced, it IS getting beyond a pain in the tush with everyone using explosives because most of the assignments need you to do it.

8.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hate it
    Mtar 21 sights ahhhh it burns...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Mtar 21 sights ahhhh it burns...

Rivals the famas for worst iron sights... Hip fire all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Hate it
    ktulu123 wrote: »
    Put it this way, when armoured kill comes out this wont be played again unless it appears in the map rotation and im not arsed leaving the server. :P

just because you dont get the same Buzz C4ing infantry , is it ?? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

so is this known to everybody ...cause I am just finding out now , if the server contains the CQ maps and even if its on say Seine Crossing , you cannot join that server ............So won't be on craggy for a while .

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Gun master is good fun. 8 player gun master is about perfect imo, maybe even 12. Enjoyable change from the other modes, I'll definitely be putting more hours into this game mode.
    IMO, it should be free for all, but running behind team-mates to take their kill after they die is also fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Hate it
    the_syco wrote: »
    IMO, it should be free for all, but running behind team-mates to take their kill after they die is also fun.

ya bollix :p i love gun master but that drives me nuts constantly getting 99-100 kill assist

i must have the largest collection of KILL ASSIST 100 in the game :mad::(
    seriously if i get kill assist 100 why are they not dead :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

seriously if i get kill assist 100 why are they not dead :confused:

Because your assist score and their health is shown as a rounded up figure. If someone's health reads as 0%, it's actually at 0.1-0.4%. They're still alive but it's rounded down to zero.

Likewise, your assist score is rounded up from 99.6 to 100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Undecided
    Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Likewise, your assist score is rounded up from 99.6 to 100.
    They should just round it up from being alive to being dead too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I must be the only one that likes the smaller maps! Conquest in them is a lot of fun, fast and vicious like a Deathmatch but with a degree of tactics involved.

Gun Master is fun, even if it is a decade old Counterstrike idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Undecided
    Well after sometime here is my opinion on all this expansion:

I love the new weapons. This time they are very strong, fun and usefull.
    Love gun mode, quite a cool thing to mix in while playing some Seriuos modes.
    Maps.... Not a fan at all now. I love infantry combat and squad deathmatch is my favourite mode, but so far all maps feel like cod. And feel like cod I mean I get shot in the back after 3 seconds from spawning.
    Had a game of squad deathmatch on my favourite server, which has only karhad maps. My score went up crazy and I had way more fun and tactical games. Not just run - spawn - kill - die.
    I noticed all the close quarter servers to drop in population by a lot too. Everyone is going back to their proper BF games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hate it
    Is it just me or does operation 925 not seem that small? Its 3 stories and big enough imo, I could often run around for a bit and not encounter anyone and most people just seem to congregate in the car park below. Gunmaster on it is painful..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I Did pick undecided in the poll but i have made my mind up now....

Good.
    Weapons are good varied in usefulness and worth unlocking.
    Gun master is good fun but bad for my kdr :P they need to get rid of the stupid auto shotgun lol, you should be allowed to play this mode on any tdm map not just the cq ones.
    Only good ting about the maps is it stops people putting up their tent and sniping the whole round.

Bad.
    Conquest domination its pointless I don't like the way the running speed has been increased for it and it seems to kill a server population a lot of the time
    The maps too closed off and too cod like if I wanted cod I would of got cod.

So CQ as a standalone expansion not worth it but as part of the premium package a nice addition and a bit of variation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

A few weeks later and I have more or less packed in playing it, far prefer the normal maps.

Wish they went urban having larger maps like Seine etc but not too big.

CQ is for those who want to massively boost their SPM is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hate it
    mozattack wrote: »
    A few weeks later and I have more or less packed in playing it, far prefer the normal maps.

Wish they went urban having larger maps like Seine etc but not too big.

CQ is for those who want to massively boost their SPM is all.

one or two of them aren't bad and gunmaster is grand for kicking off a game..
    but Seine is by far my favourite map..

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Hate it
    Is Close Quarters out for non-premium players yet? I had a look on the Playstation Store the past 2 days and it hasn't been available, I thought it was out on the 19th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

join 16 player servers or even 8 players and the maps are great. More than that and its COD Black Ops

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Hate it
    Played the new maps yesterday for the first time and I really enjoyed them. Gun master is a bit of fun, mainly because I won it on my first go. I can see why people don't like them but if you like using shotguns and pdws then they're great.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Hate it
    I like them, Ziba Tower and Donya Fortress are the best imo. When playing Scrapmetal, the game does feel a bit like COD, but it's still fun. B2K maps are better overall though, as well as the original BF3 maps

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Hate it
    I got properly stuck into it this weekend and quite enjoyed it. The COD comparisons are warranted - this close quarters and hectic paced stuff is exactly what COD does so well (and is what makes it such a popular and enjoyable game tbh), so rather than looking at it as some sort of attempt to make BF3 more like COD, it's adding an option to play that sort of a game within BF3 - sometimes you'll fancy that and sometimes you'll remember that you're playing a far superior game with access to gigantic maps and vehicles and go play that sort of game instead ;):D:p:pac:

A good addition, I finally found myself playing a Recon class with a DAO and dinged quite a few of it's unlocks which was nice :) The motion tracker was an interesting addition on that map, plenty of spotted bonuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

A major issue I have is that the skews SPM too much.

Came 5th and my SPM was 690

Played normal BF3 and came 1st, 1st and 2nd and my SPM was 450 on average

Therefore a dope in CQ can get 50% more points than a good player on vanilla.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

I'm really liking Close Quarters as I suspect a lot of people do...

I just switched to PC from XB and let me say, wow...totally different game and that cannot be stated enough...SERIOUSLY! :eek: I also found people on PC to be better overall team players for whatever reason (perhaps they just understand the importance of teamwork).

Anyway I wanted to make a quick observation. I think DICE have actually made a better Call of Duty than Activision. I'm talking about CQ maps. The atmosphere, the chaos of a coridoor shooter - this is everything Infinity Ward would have loved to achieve but failed miserably.
    Add in teamwork as opposed to "I'm going to camp in this corner to get a MOAB" BS and you have a quality fast paced close quarter shooter I certainly haven't seen since COD4. And this is just one option that BF offers - there's always the massive maps for a different experience. :pac::D:cool:

This is a good thing, folks...it's a great addition. It adds variety and it has put a smile on my face anyway. Well done Dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Hate it
    mozattack wrote: »
    A major issue I have is that the skews SPM too much.

Came 5th and my SPM was 690

Played normal BF3 and came 1st, 1st and 2nd and my SPM was 450 on average

Therefore a dope in CQ can get 50% more points than a good player on vanilla.

Yep i agree with this totally. A few days playing this and your SPM definately increases, not only because the other team are always fairly close by so there is always someone to kill, but also due to the proximity of the flags and the fact they only take a couple of seconds to capture means in an average 200 ticket round you will probably caputre at least 10-20 flags. Thats a lot of neutralisation and capturing points.

Personally I like it as its a nice little distraction. Sometimes when i play normal conquest it takes me roughly half an hour just to find a decent server that has level enough teams (no base raping etc). However with this I find that the teams seem to be much more evenly matched and even if they arent, if you are a half decent player you can influence the game a lot more than in full conquest as there are less players and so you can cover more of the map and capture more flags. Also think GM is a nice addition although im yet to win, can never seem to spawn close enough to any1 to stab them when i get to lvl 16.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Hate it
    Only picked up Premium the other day but I'm loving Gun Master. It's a great little game mode which gives the DLC a little something extra. The shotguns are always my downfall. Tend to be out in front till I get my hands on them and then it takes an age to get a kill. I'm awful with them. 4 of us ended up at the knife stage last night. I witnessed the final kill which was one of the guys at the knife stage taking tags from another guy at the knife stage. He must have been delighted with himself.

Advertisement