Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Undecided
    8 minutes on Scrap metal..... couldnt play it anymore.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

dreamers75 wrote: »
    8 minutes on Scrap metal..... couldnt play it anymore.

What was the player count though? I really don't think these are workable with more than 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Hate it
    Played a few hours through the different modes and quite like it, really fast paced and pure sweaty mayhem at times :D
    Maps seem well laid out and the new assignments & achievements are fun too :pac:

They're not maps/modes I'd play full time but I wouldn't quit from a server that rotated to them either if you know what I mean.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Maps are ok, thought they're well thought out. K/D ratio of beyond 3 on most of them... people just running and gunning like cod games, really doesn't work like that most of the time.

Gun master is good fun. 8 player gun master is about perfect imo, maybe even 12. Enjoyable change from the other modes, I'll definitely be putting more hours into this game mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,532 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hate it
    All are good enough bar scrap metal that just dosent have a middle part to it just the 2 connecting bridges. Acw-r kicks ass too, have 5 of the 10 assignements done, will crack on with the other 5 tomoro, getting a kill with an eod bot should be hella frustrating..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

All are good enough bar scrap metal that just dosent have a middle part to it just the 2 connecting bridges. Acw-r kicks ass too, have 5 of the 10 assignements done, will crack on with the other 5 tomoro, getting a kill with an eod bot should be hella frustrating..

Yes, yes it is... granted it took me 3 matches to do it, but being taken out of the action/ptfo-ing is something I didn't/don't like nor enjoy.

I would advise a conquest map like Tehran, Bazaar or Seine to get it done. Tehran is probably the easiest due to its relative flatness.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

Hate it
    I really enjoyed the 2 hours that I spent playing Close Quarters, it was frantic non-stop action. A bit different from the BF3 norm but I liked it. It looks alot easier to end up with a better K/D ratio too.

Hate it
    Yeah the eod bot kill is driving me nuts, hate how most of the assignements involve explosives too!

Is there a glitch with the m320 smoke now or something? Lotta people using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Hate it
    Is there a glitch with the m320 smoke now or something? Lotta people using it.
    When attached to an AUG, the M320 smoke kills on impact.

Hate it
    I see ain't no dart glitch. Just got a double kill with eod bot there, forgot it can destroy vehicles too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

DayZ....that is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Decryptor wrote: »
    When attached to an AUG, the M320 smoke kills on impact.

It always did that. I think it just has no drop now so it's incredibly accurate at range

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

64 player is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

64 player is hilarious.

U can play 64 player Close Quarters on PC?

Ah jesus, would love to see a clip.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

mozattack wrote: »
    U can play 64 player Close Quarters on PC?

Ah jesus, would love to see a clip.

Yeah, the maps may be meant for 16 players, but there's no player count limit, so 64 is an option.

I dislike scrap metal though, it's very generic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Hate it
    DICE already said they don't give any support to servers than run the CQ maps with more than 16 players. That's how much they're suited to 16 players. Although, Craggy was full yesterday for a few hours with 48 players. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Undecided
    Spear wrote: »
    What was the player count though? I really don't think these are workable with more than 16.

64 it doesnt work at all, especially with the random spawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

dreamers75 wrote: »
    64 it doesnt work at all, especially with the random spawn.

Spawn, drop C4, blow it up, kill 20 odd guys :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 AdventRises

Just bought this for the xbox 360 ...

there is no rush mode?!?!? :eek: what gives. Any server I saw was not rush.

There's no rush, only conquest domination and gun master.

• Advertisement

And the usual TDM and SDM.

Relevant: Here's myself and some other lads playing 64 player Scrapheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 AdventRises

Ahh thats a rip off :(
    Wish I knew that earlier. Would of just waited till the next dlc pack came out.

Hate it

Theres literally no room for rush crates! And no place for safe spawns

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Hate it
    So lads is it worth getting this?
    OP Maybe add a poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

It's ok...

My main issue would be that the maps dont feel like the other battlefield infantry focused maps and do lean very heavily in the COD complainers being justified. But they are well designed *cod* maps and the lack of killstreaks means the games dont get stupid anytime soon.

Conquest Domination is nothing to celebrate and gun master is fun enough. I think if they didnt introduce the premium service a lot of people would be justified in skipping it, but the premium service makes it easier to swallow with the excitement being more towards the later add on packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

My issue about it is that it wont be on any server rotations due to the maps being 16 people and not 24.

Reminds me of Vietnam, I loved it but people didnt quit 'vanilla' BC to go and play it so ignored it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Undecided
    OP Maybe add a poll?
    Depends on the individual.There's no getting away from the fact that they are more cod than battlefield.If you like fast paced hectic run and gun type games you will be right at home.
    If rush is your thing then there's no point bothering with it,if you prefer the likes of Caspian and Kharg then don't bother either.

I'm not a fan of the big maps but definitely not a fan of these either.
    I'll be sticking to Bazaar,Seine,Metro,Noshar etc. for the time being.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

OP Maybe add a poll?

Done, im really undecided about it. It just isn't battlefield but I like the maps. Anything over 16 players is a bit stupid. I'll give it a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Its nothing special and not something i will see myself playing often, could of been great but for the spawns and no team play/tactic game modes

• Advertisement

I've gone for undecided in place of "meh". It does provide a nice enough variant for gameplay, but the small maps end up repetitive, and I seriously doubt its longevity.

Advertisement