Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Kingpin187 wrote: »
    @ktulu123, I played CQ yesterday, and even had some games this morning. Where are you getting your info lol

What format did you play it on?

Also what mick said.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Something annoying is occurring in the games I've played... people putting C4 all over the flags and just camping one spot the whole game. Even if you kill them it doesn't deter them from camping. Granted, it was 7 easy kills for me, but it might become a major annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Something annoying is occurring in the games I've played... people putting C4 all over the flags and just camping one spot the whole game. Even if you kill them it doesn't deter them from camping. Granted, it was 7 easy kills for me, but it might become a major annoyance.

Is that on the new maps

Varik wrote: »
    Is that on the new maps

Yup, Operation 925. And Scrap Metal as well I suppose. Donya Fortress isn't that easy to camp imo, unless you find yourself glitching your legs into the walls :/

Scrap Metal is easily my favorite of the new maps, although I haven't played Zuba Tower yet.

Yup, Operation 925. And Scrap Metal as well I suppose. Donya Fortress isn't that easy to camp imo, unless you find yourself glitching your legs into the walls :/

Scrap Metal is easily my favorite of the new maps, although I haven't played Zuba Tower yet.

You need to be close to capture on these maps, maybe that's why.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    You need to be close to capture on these maps, maybe that's why.

You do indeed, right on the flag in most cases is about the extreme of the burn zone. It'll start grating on others quickly I'm sure. Try capping a flag and some camper hiding in a corner has C4 lathered all over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

LOL...the BF forums created this in protest at Close Quarters.... :D:pac:

battlefieldmw3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Hate it
    One of the new assignments is 10 kills with C4.

Is there anyway to turn off the friend bar on battlelog?
    Its completely useless for console players and screws up the size of everything else :rolleyes:

Also I'm noticing a nice trend of game breaking glitches being solved by patches that include new DLC, seems a bit convenient...

Spent a long while getting shotgun kills for the 2 assignments, got more kills than i needed but the game was going well with it so i just kept going.

Only noticed to day that while i got the 20 kills done the 25 kills one needed to be done as an engineer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Undecided
    Not one bit impressed with close quarters,it's call of duty without the killstreaks.
    Far too hectic for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I like CQ but after an hour or so I am feeling like a child, it is very arcadey but is fun I suppose.

The C4 trick is so easily done:

1. Cap a flag
    2. Lob 5 C4s down
    3. Hide
    4. Wait for enemy to cap flag
    5. Explode C4
    6. Take flag

= easy kills.

Also the SPM should go through the roof because of the action etc. Makes your SPM on normal BF3 seem very small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    LOL...the BF forums created this in protest at Close Quarters.... :D:pac:

battlefieldmw3.png

I can see why. The CQ was supposed to be based on the Metro, now it looks like the maze type maps in MW.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I won't be buying it anyways - BF to me is Tanks, Jets, Choppers etc. ..it's what seperates it from the other bunch of shooter out there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Does this unlock tonight? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Hopefully, but knowing DICE it will be midday tomorrow I recon

Undecided
    grizzly wrote: »
    Does this unlock tonight? :D
    Don't get your hopes up.Unless you like a barrage of RPG's flying down corridors,90% of people using shotguns(it makes sense because almost everyone you meet will be in range),claymores around every second turn and everybody and I mean everybody with their finger on sprint from start to finish,then it will disappoint.

I played it for a couple of hours the first 2 days and have not gone near it since.
    Everything that sets Battlefield apart from other shooters is stripped away from this.
    No need for teamwork as the maps are too small to organise anything,no vehicles,nothing.
    It's basically people running around like headless chickens for the entire game.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

For release time for your area go into Origin and click the i icon on BF3. Hover the mouse over the expansion name for release time.

And the result for Ireland is Close Quarters unlocks at 18:00GMT 12th of June.

PS From looking through the release notes for the latest server update it looks like all the new maps are designed for a maximum of 16 players even for the PC. 64 players probably means spawn, drop a C4, kill half the enemy team :D

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Don't get your hopes up.Unless you like a barrage of RPG's flying down corridors,90% of people using shotguns(it makes sense because almost everyone you meet will be in range),claymores around every second turn and everybody and I mean everybody with their finger on sprint from start to finish,then it will disappoint.

I played it for a couple of hours the first 2 days and have not gone near it since.
    Everything that sets Battlefield apart from other shooters is stripped away from this.
    No need for teamwork as the maps are too small to organise anything,no vehicles,nothing.
    It's basically people running around like headless chickens for the entire game.

While I agree its headless chicken stuff, most of the RPG/LMG stuff is about getting the assignments done. I'd rarely seen a PKP until the new assignments came out. Now its everywhere -___-

Undecided
    While I agree its headless chicken stuff, most of the RPG/LMG stuff is about getting the assignments done. I'd rarely seen a PKP until the new assignments came out. Now its everywhere -___-
    Ah right,I didn't know there was an assignment that required RPG kills.
    I might go back to it at some stage.

Ah right,I didn't know there was an assignment that required RPG kills.
    I might go back to it at some stage.

You can get them done in regular maps. CQ just seems handier for some due map size.

I'm doing them outside of CQ obviously. Try getting an EOD bot kill on those maps :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ill be avoiding this like the plague,far too much like COD which is now a series i hate with a passion.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Undecided
    Dunno, I like the idea of some infantry only bf stuff.

My favourite game mode is squad deathmatch anyway and this look like perfect for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,489 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hate it
    The new grenade launcher is already in game on the xbox

Haven't played on the new maps much, been trying for the assignments and there easier on maps i now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,066 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The new grenade launcher is already in game on the xbox

Eh? What new grenade launcher?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Spear wrote: »
    Eh? What new grenade launcher?

M320 LVG. There's nothing about it in Battlelog. I only know about it because it unlocked when I got my 30th M320 kill. The LVG means Low Velocity Grenade.

Basically, the M320's grenade is timed like a standard frag rather than detonating on impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,489 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hate it
    Yeah it basically saves you the bother of throwing a frag and shoots it. It's pretty awkward to get a kill with

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Undecided
    servers are up with new maps, but i cant join any (PC)... anyone can join them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I thought the same on the second night of playing but strangely enough I am big into this now, so much so that it is the only version I have played since getting it.

Yes it can be headless chicken stuff and yes there are C4 campers but it is exciting and fun which is surely the point of games...

I don't play team deathmatch but it was on a rotation in a server and it is actually very good in this game.

I think it is a good addition, I reckon it will be far better for PS3 user that Armored Kill which is gonna be ****e with 24 players.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,066 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

servers are up with new maps, but i cant join any (PC)... anyone can join them?

Yes, already spent an hour on there, they've been open for several hours now.

Advertisement