Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters

Options
  • 26-04-2012 2:15pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A new trailer has been released today showing another map "Donya Fortress". Doesn't look too bad actually.

Also here's the first trailer:

This thread can be the discussion thread for before & after the expansion is released.

How are you finding Close Quarters 39 votes

Like it
    0%
    Hate it
    76%
    ShiminaymisedellyIdleaterMorporkRiesen_Mealjaykay2red dave5uspectBlazerallybhoySpannerMonkeyGarseysSnowiespitfireIRLReamer FannyPlumpynuttKylo RenKetzerFklose 30 votes
    Undecided
    23%
    VorrtexxSeanbassShadowHearthdreamers75Will I Amntmoonboy52hypersquirrelK3vmossy95 9 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Look unbelievable. I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Looks hectic. I know its called close quarters but I hope the maps are still a bit more open then metro

I am actually looking forward to close quarters on some points. I do not see anything wrong with infantry focused maps.

I think there's been a misconception created via Metro that battlefield should not have infantry focused maps. But the truth is that there has been a strong infantry focus streak in the game design since battlefield vietnam and its popular. You only had to look at the sheer number of infantry only karkand maps that was filling battlefield 2 to know this.

Where Metro tripped up was that it did box it in too much and created those horrible chokes. This has resulted in some believing battlefield should be about big vehicle maps only and bitching mostly on the youtube channel to these trailers about how wrong this is. But they are wrong. There is nothing wrong with an infantry focused map pack, but DICE need to give some reassurance that the maps will not cause the same clusterf*ck scenario as Metro.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Awesome stop lying you hate infantry only maps lol.

From that video it looks like there's way to much destruction seems hard to make out people some times with so much exploding going on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Awesome stop lying you hate infantry only maps lol.

I hate infantry only maps when you are on the other team :P

I like them, just prefer the bigger maps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Hate it
    BlitzKrieg wrote: »

Where Metro tripped up was that it did box it in too much and created those horrible chokes. This has resulted in some believing battlefield should be about big vehicle maps only and bitching mostly on the youtube channel to these trailers about how wrong this is. But they are wrong. There is nothing wrong with an infantry focused map pack, but DICE need to give some reassurance that the maps will not cause the same clusterf*ck scenario as Metro.

What the hell are smoke grandees for? I've been in a the position of being pushed back to C and to the spawn point on metro and its been pulled back and won..
    threw the use of lmgs smoke, rpgs and just some hostile playing.. battle field you gotta think on your feet the only reason it turns into a cluster fvck is because you allow it to

Ps I love metro my favorite map :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Fix MASS first before release please

• Registered Users Posts: 11,492 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hate it
    Few giving out that its too like cod which is bull**** and are forgetting they'll be releasing the biggest bf map to date later on.

Am looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Few giving out that its too like cod which is bull**** and are forgetting they'll be releasing the biggest bf map to date later on.

Am looking forward to it

Yeah, it's stupid. A bit of close quarters action as a break from huge maps is a great game changer. I mean, they don't have to play the maps. F**k it, they don't even have to buy them. Many of them say they'll do just that, refuse to buy them. But they will anyway. And they'll play them too. :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Looking forward to the maps, while they might have their issues. Can't say no to new maps. Just hope they sort out the suppression before the release of the DLC.

Snowie wrote: »
    What the hell are smoke grandees for? I've been in a the position of being pushed back to C and to the spawn point on metro and its been pulled back and won..
    threw the use of lmgs smoke, rpgs and just some hostile playing.. battle field you gotta think on your feet the only reason it turns into a cluster fvck is because you allow it to

Ps I love metro my favorite map :D

I'm honestly surprised by the lack of people using smoke grenades, myself aside of course They are most useful on maps like Metro, Seine Crossing and Grand Bazaar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Hate it
    -Ade- wrote: »
    I'm honestly surprised by the lack of people using smoke grenades, myself aside of course They are most useful on maps like Metro, Seine Crossing and Grand Bazaar.

Me too its like the one way to deal with pinned down :D or just confusing the enemy :D :pac:

scene crossing rush b ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I know I havnt unlocked the smoke for the morter. Not sure if I did it for the m320
    I just dont use them much, If I was to take an under barrel I'd be more inclined for the under barrel shotgun (though I havnt done that since the last patch).

Actually I must have unlocked smoke cause I did all the assignments guess I'll dig it out at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Hate it
    Spas-12 you say? :D

I dont get the point in adding the scar-L, isint it and the scar-H pretty much the same gun? Excuse my gun knowledge noobness if im wrong haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Hate it
    im pretty sure the Scar-L is the assault rifle version so its not just limited to the engineer anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Hate it

I dont get the point in adding the scar-L, isint it and the scar-H pretty much the same gun? Excuse my gun knowledge noobness if im wrong haha

Yeh the Scar-L will have 31 rounds in a mag and be more effective at medium range ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

The SCAR-L is a lower calibre than the SCAR-H.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Hate it
    Looking forward to the Aug and the ACR. Not a big fan of the Scar-H in BF, maybe the Scar-L could be a happy medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Hate it
    Just saw the achievements for this pack are online, looks pretty straightforward but there's one "Complete a round of Gun Master", whats that?

Hate it
    Just saw the achievements for this pack are online, looks pretty straightforward but there's one "Complete a round of Gun Master", whats that?

Judging from the new trailer it seems to be like gun game in cod where when you kill someone the weapon is automatically cycled to a random new one.

Judging from the new trailer it seems to be like gun game in cod where when you kill someone the weapon is automatically cycled to a random new one.

That's exactly what it is. For those that have premium look in the videos section, there's a full reveal of the Close Quarters maps. They look class! A lot of vertical game play which is what i was hoping for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got a load of kills with carbine, game finished fine but not added to new assignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Thats exactly what it is. You start off with the MP443, then the 93R, magnum and so on...

Never a fan of Gun Game so Gun Master is not my type of thing at all.
    ktulu123 wrote: »
    That's exactly what it is. For those that have premium look in the videos section, there's a full reveal of the Close Quarters maps. They look class! A lot of vertical game play which is what i was hoping for.

Only played 2 maps, but its class. Really fast paced, twitch shooting. Vertical gameplay is definitely the selling point. Can't remember the name of the map but there's basically 3 different levels per map, 8v8 and basically chaos. Shooting lads through walls, hopping off a balcony on the 3rd floor down to a guy below to stab him, C4ing myself a new pathway... just 3 of the highlights of my first game of Conquest Domination.
    Varik wrote: »
    Got a load of kills with carbine, game finished fine but not added to new assignment.

Like the assignments for B2K, you have to have CQ installed for the stats to count.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Like the assignments for B2K, you have to have CQ installed for the stats to count.

Did have it installed, they showed up an hour or 2 after the game even if the assignments page on the ps3 did not show them filling up as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Varik wrote: »
    Did have it installed, they showed up an hour or 2 after the game.

Ah k. Mine didn't show up straight away either. Close to unlocking the Spas though ^_^ I'll be running around with my magnum out more than normal to get that asap

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Ah k. Mine didn't show up straight away either. Close to unlocking the Spas though ^_^ I'll be running around with my magnum out more than normal to get that asap

Trying for the stuff that need assault kills and f200 kills, never used that and have no unlocks for it so getting that over with. The rest were for guns i tend to use anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hate it
    Buying premium does this mean we now get CQ the same day as the PS3 owners who were getting it 2 weeks early due to some previous fúckup on DICE's side?

No, premium ps3 players got to play CQ yesterday. PC & Xbox premium owners get to play next week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hate it
    ktulu123 wrote: »
    No premium ps3 players got to play CQ yesterday. PC & Xbox premium owners get to play next week

c0cksuckers :mad:
    I reckon this early access is a con already

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

@ktulu123, I played CQ yesterday, and even had some games this morning. Where are you getting your info lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Kingpin187 wrote: »
    @ktulu123, I played CQ yesterday, and even had some games this morning. Where are you getting your info lol

On PS3 ya not on pc or xbox, watched E3 show live yesterday and the head of EA said only ps3 for the first week

Advertisement