Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creole Restaurant in Dominick Street (Beside Cava)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Five of us went to creole during the Volvo. Tuesday I think, wasn't very busy as we went early enough. Was disappointing... Tough ribs, small dry chicken on chopping board thing.... They also forgot the "surf" from one dinner. Took ages to get the prawns- half were undercooked. We mentioned it to the manager who didn't charge for the surf and Turf and gave us a complimentary bottle of wine. I hope they sort out the problem in the kitchen- the menu ideas I thought were lovely and staff were a little inexperienced

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Noone is defending it, they are simply calling into question a very over the top bad review of a place which just happened to be a first post and then subsequently recommended the two closest restaurants while again referring the original restaurant's food as 'dog food'.

But yeah if you think everyone else here all just happen to work for Creole then go with it.:rolleyes:

No more paranoid than the calls of shill in whiterhino's direction..

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Gold Leaf Tea

Ate at Creole a while back. Wasn't overly impressed with either starter or main to be honest, and wouldn't be in a rush to eat there again. Several far superior eateries in the vicinity imho. Shill or not, Whiterhino has a valid point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

No more paranoid than the calls of shill in whiterhino's direction..
    Far more i would suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 whiterhino

lol so that is what a shill is silly me:eek:, sure you have to start somewhere on this thing I suppose:(. What is not better than a thread relating to a restaurant you recently visited. I shall be posting more from now on but I have had many good meals in various places which I never had to slate. There is no hatred just feel as though my opinion is being opposed by people whos opinions are clearly BIASED!:mad: I am no shill lol im actually unemployed at the moment and standing in the dole cue every month which is by no means fun at all, if I actually worked for any rival restaurants I wouldnt be botherd with wasting time on the internet:cool:, I would be too busy. Just because I chose a restaurant next to yours does not mean anything, I mean come on seriously go look at the menu, that says it all:pac:. I bet if you was offered a job in there you would jump at the chance :eek: Anyway enough blaming people I suppose you have to stick up for yourself I suppose:D. My appologies for being a bit blunt, but dont understand how a thread for peoples opinions has people following and defending the restaurant to every bad post that is writen, and acusing everyone of being what you call a shill.

• Advertisement

whiterhino wrote: »
    lol so that is what a shill is silly me:eek:, sure you have to start somewhere on this thing I suppose:(. What is not better than a thread relating to a restaurant you recently visited. I shall be posting more from now on but I have had many good meals in various places which I never had to slate. There is no hatred just feel as though my opinion is being opposed by people whos opinions are clearly BIASED!:mad: I am no shill lol im actually unemployed at the moment and standing in the dole cue every month which is by no means fun at all, if I actually worked for any rival restaurants I wouldnt be botherd with wasting time on the internet:cool:, I would be too busy. Just because I chose a restaurant next to yours does not mean anything, I mean come on seriously go look at the menu, that says it all:pac:. I bet if you was offered a job in there you would jump at the chance :eek: Anyway enough blaming people I suppose you have to stick up for yourself I suppose:D. My appologies for being a bit blunt, but dont understand how a thread for peoples opinions has people following and defending the restaurant to every bad post that is writen, and acusing everyone of being what you call a shill.
    Yet again you fail to grasp the situation, plenty of people such as 'artyc' and 'gold leaf tea' have given negative reviews, do you see anyone defending those??? No you dont because they ahvent given a giant write up which is hugely negative etc as their first post, yes you have to start somewhere but its very suspicious the way you started. Also nobody asked you to be a food critic for the world so you could drop that and just give an opinion.

And ps I havent got money to waste a couple of 100 on a lottery where oh maybee one day I go there food will be great, it should always be so . I mean miracles may happen but that place needs an overhaul in their kitchen or something. Is a bit dark in there too was waiting for a vampire to come out and bite me lol like a scene from dusk till dawn. :eek:

And ps I havent got money to waste a couple of 100 on a lottery where oh maybee one day I go there food will be great, it should always be so . I mean miracles may happen but that place needs an overhaul in their kitchen or something. Is a bit dark in there too was waiting for a vampire to come out and bite me lol like a scene from dusk till dawn. :eek:
    Time to get over it now i think.

Em excuse me but who asked you either is this not what boards.ie is about? So people like you try to intimidate peoples opinions WTF is there no fredom of speech in this country or something well let me tell you that there is and I am just expressing it and you are making it personal. Maybee you should suggest it to the directors of boards.ie that you hav to hav a certain amount of posts aquired to enter into talks about a restaurant lol very funny indeed. If i want to write long peieces so what who says I cant I am breaking no rules. I am clearly stating fact not fictional thaoughts or maliciousness behaviour, if you feel different then maybee you got them on a good day or something, lol maybe we were all unlucky so. Stating that this is my first thread and contemplating a load of serious rubbish about me being a shill is changing the story of the thread, is this something you are doing intentionally because is like my reveiw directly corresponds to statements made by other people.:eek::eek:

Anyway I have given my opinion that this restaurant is very poor indeed and isa complete and utter waste of money! I will stand by my opinion and will defend it lets see how others compare to mine in the future ;)

• Advertisement

Thats very surprising - I went to Creole only last night with three of my friends - the dirty rice is choc full of corn, scallions, kidney, liver, tomatoes - it certainly did not just consist of tomatoes. It was excellent - very spicy and very very tasty (don't let the kidney/liver put you off - it is fab). One of our party also had the fishcakes which were excellent. Just for the record, this is what our party had

fishcakes (excellent)
    Chicken Wings (hot, spicy and best in Galway - comes with fab salad)
    Shrimp and Dip Cocktail - excellent - made people want shrimp for mains.

Catfish/dirty rice - beautiful fish
    catfish/sweet potato fries - fries excellent
    Shrimp/dirty rice - shrimp to die for, dirty rice excellent
    Baby Back ribs - large slab of ribs placed on board - huge portion - beautiful but couldn't be finished,

A few corn on the cobs and corn bread also - cornbread nice but had better (in New Orleans).

Pecan Cheesecake - sinful
    mississippie mud pie - filling and rich
    ice creams - do die for
    bananas foster - never had it, sweet, but scrum my

Would definitely return to this restaurant - it represents great value for money - the food is quite different - top class.

Something fishy fishy here lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

In fairness... it seems like fishyfishy is far more likely to be a shill than witherihno...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

mystery-shill.jpg

Unsubscribing from this disaster of a thread! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Seaneh wrote: »
    In fairness... it seems like fishyfishy is far more likely to be a shill than witherihno...

But Fishyfishy has been here since last year with over a thousand posts while Whiterhino just joined to slate the place. Could it be just a disgruntled ex-employee? (possibly the person who made such a mess of the food in the first place).
    I've never been there as the veggie options are limited but I'm tempted to try it now just so I can have my own opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

you post speaks volumes :D I reckon you did have a bad experience with Creole, but it was nothing to do with the food.

Your posts scream "sour grapes" :p

no idea what a shill is and no interest, but seaneh, if you care to check my posts you will find I have good and bad reviews on many different restaurants. I didn't just come on here and purposefully slat the restaurant, the food, the menu, the servers, the workers, the kitchen area, the darkness, etc.

:D:D

Oh and by the way, after this post I will not now be going back to Cava for my tapas - instead I will head on back into Creole for my meal.

no idea what a shill is and no interest, but seaneh, if you care to check my posts you will find I have good and bad reviews on many different restaurants. I didn't just come on here and purposefully slat the restaurant, the food, the menu, the servers, the workers, the kitchen area, the darkness, etc.

:D:D

Oh and by the way, after this post I will not now be going back to Cava for my tapas - instead I will head on back into Creole for my meal.
    Dont think they open until later! Couldnt resist.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I have a right to give an honest opinion and I was asked to recomend a decent option so I picked the safest one possible being Cava.

I repeat. WHO asked you to "recommend a decent option", your boss was it ?????

Ahem..
    Why not tell us where you have a good meal experience?

This was then thanked by Ben:
    Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Who asked you to "recommend a decent option", your boss???

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I repeat. WHO asked you to "recommend a decent option", your boss was it ?????

This is the worst witch hunt ever. There are enough negative reviews on here backing up what the poster is saying, he's not a shill, get over it and move on with your lives. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Ahem..
    This is the worst witch hunt ever. There are enough negative reviews on here backing up what the poster is saying, he's not a shill, get over it and move on with your lives. :)

Dr Bollocko gave a negative and Fishy gave a positive. They are long established boards members who DID NOT SIGN UP simply to dis a business.

So I agree with Dr Bollocko and with Fishy Fishy...hows that for being fair. :)

They probably even agree with me for being agreeable with both of them because as we both know El D :D

q3wl95py0h.jpg

• Advertisement

Ahem..

Fail.

Ahem..

Yes how dare we ask questions of people, shocking behaviour really.

Yes how dare we ask questions of people, shocking behaviour really.

Sponge Bob asked him who asked him to recommend Cava.. I was pointing out that, eh,you did.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Back on track folk, both me and admin have ok'd white rhino for now. Let's leave it at that and discuss the restaurant now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Looking at sources online other than boards there appears to be a mixed bag of reviews ranging from good to poor so opinion is divided.

The dude in the Galway advertiser said it was nice but to be fair he has never ever to my knowledge met a meal he didn't like in a restaurant in Galway.

Looking at sources online other than boards there appears to be a mixed bag of reviews ranging from good to poor so opinion is divided.

The dude in the Galway advertiser said it was nice but to be fair he has never ever to my knowledge met a meal he didn't like in a restaurant in Galway.
    Pretty sure he gave McDonalds 5stars!! :rolleyes:

as far as I can remember, he didn't much like the starters on rouge last week, although overall he liked the place (prob because of the fab steak there).

also, as I said I had planned to go to Cava tonight but have changed my mind now and am heading to Creole.

I will definitely give an UNBIASED opinion afterwards, and will honestly let you know if it is as good, better, or worse than my last visit there.

Cava's loss. :D

as far as I can remember, he didn't much like the starters on rouge last week, although overall he liked the place (prob because of the fab steak there).

Heresy!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Heresy!!!!

In fairness, the man knows bog all about good food, reading his "reviews" hurts my brain.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

In fairness, the man knows bog all about good food, reading his "reviews" hurts my brain.

He's dissing abrakebabra in his latest one. Clearly the man has never needed to recover from a 16 pint vomit to get into CPs.

Advertisement