Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**MOD NOTE UPDATED**Limerick woman complains about living in 3 bed house with 4 kids

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

I was disadvantaged

5 of us in a 7 bedroom house, gold taps, granite worktops and marble staircase, we had 6 servants but 2 of them where children and a limo to get to pick up the labour, me ma & da never worked, never had to as the social picked up the tab for everything

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I cant believe the level of hatred on this thread over a woman who just wants extra room for her growing family.

You'd think she was some kind of vile killer and child abuser judging by the drivel in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

catthinkin wrote: »
    the level of hatred towards this woman is just :eek:and the assumptions she is scum etc etc maybe her sense of entitlement is inflated however without seeing the house who knows what her living conditions are like .

Also with all the young leaving the country maybe we need more woman having babies to fill the gap

i do agree though that kids are expensive and where possible be carefully planned to have 4 children and one on the way isnt very smart however i dont think this woman is equilvalant to stalin nor do none of us know if she is a slut .

Not that shocking. It's AH, where the outrage is always barely held in check and a reasonable percentage of the people who post here are really just trying to find a way to make themselves feel better by looking down on others.

It's ****ing hilarious once you get used to it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

"With Jordan suffering from fits due to his attention deficit hyperactivity disorder"

ADHD does not cause fits. People like this give the parents of children with genuine ADHD a bad name.
    There were 4 children to two bedrooms when I was small -I got my own rooom when I left home and started earning a wage.

• Advertisement

Aquila wrote: »
    AH justice at its finest.
    STONE HER
    FLOG HER
    FCUK THAT JUST BURN HER

BLAST HER WITH P1SS

• Registered Users Posts: 16,504 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Funny with all the crowds jeering for her to have her 'gee sown up', her 'gee stapled' and shouts for her to keep her legs together, not one person has suggested that the father(s) of the children take care of his children. Does he have no responsibility? I only know of one immaculate conception; after that I do believe it takes two at minimum.

This woman has come from a disadvantaged area, and is doing the best she can. She hasn't given her kids away to be taken into care.

There for the grace of God I go

I may be wrong but I didn't see any mention in the article where it said the father(s) wern't contributing maintainence.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,504 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

There is more to the article than the opening line. The LL is another rag that is imo trolling this story from both angles.

Whether she has 10 children or 1 she is entitled to a safe house to raise the children. The housing in alot of Moyross is poor quality and the reason the regeneration was started and more or less abandoned as our Government bail the banks.

Why couldn't the people of Moyross pay for their own houses if they want them like most of us.

Why couldn't the people of Moyross pay for their own houses if they want them like most of us.

Because they're disadvantaged

Most* of them stem from generations of parents who didn't think of the consequences before having children, have allowed the state to pick up the tab, with no personal responsibility expected in return

*I know some lovely people from Moyross aswell, not brandishing everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

"With Jordan suffering from fits due to his attention deficit hyperactivity disorder"

ADHD does not cause fits. People like this give the parents of children with genuine ADHD a bad name.
    There were 4 children to two bedrooms when I was small -I got my own rooom when I left home and started earning a wage.

ADHD is a school guidance Councillors favorite cop-out for parents of disruptive children, it makes all the gacinta's and chantelle's out there feel better about pissing away the day watching jeremy kyle instead of looking for a job or looking after the kids.

If there are genuine cases of ADHD then I feel sorry for the parents of those children, but Id even go as far as to say 90% of the ADHD 'cases' in Ireland are false

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Any links to that facebook campaign she's starting so I can send her a heap of vile abuse.

Google her name ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

No I am not trolling, no I never said all 4 with one on the way were accidents. I already stated perhaps some were planned, perhaps she got pregnant on the pill (yes and it happens....often) perhaps she is ignorant of getting pregnant with the pull out method (yes,a lot of people still think this works...)

I don't know the circumstances of the woman that she is soon to have 5 kids in a house that she deems unfit for raring them in. And neither does anyone else but it seems easier to condemn her and hurl abuse before considering them.

Then people here are saying they want a 5 bedroom house in Killiney, then others complaining that she wants to stay in Moyross. So she's damned if she does/doesn't

Either way, the pitchforks are a truely alight in this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

If there are genuine cases of ADHD then I feel sorry for the parents of those children, but Id even go as far as to say 90% of the ADHD 'cases' in Ireland are false

Based on......?

WindSock wrote: »
    No I am not trolling, no I never said all 4 with one on the way were accidents. I already stated perhaps some were planned, perhaps she got pregnant on the pill (yes and it happens....often) perhaps she is ignorant of getting pregnant with the pull out method (yes,a lot of people still think this works...)

I don't know the circumstances of the woman that she is soon to have 5 kids in a house that she deems unfit for raring them in. And neither does anyone else but it seems easier to condemn her and hurl abuse before considering them.

Then people here are saying they want a 5 bedroom house in Killiney, then others complaining that she wants to stay in Moyross. So she's damned if she does/doesn't

Windsock, if you thought about it for a second I think you would understand that this woman should be dragged into the street and shot, her house burned and her children sold on the black market.

It's the only thing that makes sense and to say otherwise is insane.
    Nodin wrote: »
    Based on......?

Eric doesn't base his opinions on anything...he just hovers over the keyboard, thinks about the "lower classes" that he hates so much then pushes one out on the internet.

It's an interesting act but the entertainment value has dulled with his refusal to change his game.

Also, you will be a gay, bleeding heart, pinko, Commie, PC Brigade leftist for not instantly agreeing with the stuff he makes up and then instantly decides is fact.

Planned 5 kids-Why she can't afford to support 5 children

as for the rest :pac::D:pac: would she not have found this out after the first time it happened?

Based on......?

even when I was in school it was happening around 2003-2004 our school just went mad with diagnosing, Anyone who had ever been to see the principal for bullying or being disruptive was having their parents called down to hear about ADD & ADHD and how their child probably has it, talking to other people who went to other schools, similar stories.

Every time you hear about somebody with ADHD using it as a court defense in the news its some scrote from a council estate who has a few criminal convictions.

Based on......?

It is a real condition but I believe it is over diagnosed in Ireland

TENS of thousands of children are being misdiagnosed with ADHD because they are the youngest in their class and their immaturity is being mistaken for hyperactivity, a study has suggested.

This is a Canadian study but could apply to Ireland also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Still, at least we will get a household charge out of her...............

Eric doesn't base his opinions on anything...he just hovers over the keyboard, thinks about the "lower classes" that he hates so much then pushes one out on the internet.

It's an interesting act but the entertainment value has dulled with his refusal to change his game.

Also, you will be a gay, bleeding heart, pinko, Commie, PC Brigade leftist for not instantly agreeing with the stuff he makes up and then instantly decides is fact.

Ive never been homophobic

also I wonder does this count as personal abuse.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Based on......?

His 'expert' opinion of course
    Windsock, if you thought about it for a second I think you would understand that this woman should be dragged into the street and shot, her house burned and her children sold on the black market.

It's the only thing that makes sense and to say otherwise is insane.

Actually yeah I did think about it and then realised the STATE WHICH IS YOU AND ME HERE will have to pick up the tab for the bullets, the person to shoot her and funeral :mad::mad::mad:

Hell, I will do it for free if it rids this cursed land from the scourge of parents. Bloody mother infested hell hole. Bring back the priests I say. No procreatin in dem.

• Advertisement

Ive never been homophobic

also I wonder does this count as personal abuse.....

Report it and find out.

Personally i reckon it would be a bit of a stretch and I am surprised that you're being so sensitive. I mean, I completely predicated what your response would be (anecdotal evidence and mention the lower class) so don't get butthurt because your act is old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Bring back the priests I say. No procreatin in dem.

Mmmm, Body-building priests

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

D1stant wrote: »
    LOL. Bravo!

thanks but consider it for a minute our poulation is ageing the young are leaving do babies come from storks where your from . lol bravo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

As usual the " oh poor lamb - comes from a deprived background " brigade come charging in on their high horses

lets get one thing straight , no one argues that if the house was sub standard , or dangerous then straight away she should have re furb work done ,
    but she is looking for A EXTRA ROOM , when either the 13 month old should be in her room or in a bunk bed - it is that simple

truly the stupidity of some people fails to astonish me - along with the plebs sticking up for this rubbish ,
    i know of at least 3 family's that are living in what could only be described as flea pits who have been waiting YEARS to be re homed , yet this woman feels she is entitled to waste space and time over her want of more space ???
    she wants a bigger house ??? SO DO I - but im not putting my hand out and stamping my feet

she has water , electricity , heating , walls and a roof - compared to some in this banana republic she is on the pigs back

this is why she is getting dogs abuse

knowing when to keep your mouth shut is a skill some people should learn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

dj jarvis wrote: »
    pointing out what is obviously wrong with this state does not make anyone superior - standing up for cretins who don't deserve our help makes them culpable

so so many people who really need help never get heard , so when oxygen thieves like her get press space they should be shouted down until they never raise their resource grabbing heads again ....

dont forget why she is giving out - she wants extra space so all her kids can have a room :mad: boo hoo

i grew up in a small council house in dublin with 9 of us , father and mother worked , with good role models we all grew up to own our own houses and business , NONE of my family are on the dole or have children we cant afford
    why - becasue we were not hand out knuckle dragging scum
    dont like what i call her - well tough , becasue that is what she is to me

Yeah maybe actually read my post next time? :rolleyes:

I wasn't condoning her.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

The issue with ADHD is that there is no brain scan/blood test or whatever. It's is diagnosed on the word of the parent and possibly the school, by filling in a form called the Connors rating scale.I know a number of genuine cases, likened by one mam as "Tigger on speed."You'd need to see the same children in action, ants in the pants and going non-stop, no question at all that they are not genuine.

I do know a friend in another school was put under intense pressure to put a number of children from the same extended family forward to be diagnosed with ADHD as one mother found out about the DCA ( domicillary care allowance.)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Excuse me, I've somehow found myself in the Daily Mail readers' lynch-mob department comments section, can someone please direct me to Boards.ie?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I work a job, i pay my tax, I pay my rent, I don't go to the state asking for hand outs, like seemingly a lot of the outraged people, yes I do have the right to feel aggravated when someone like this comes along and expects the nation to foot the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

dj jarvis wrote: »
    As usual the " oh poor lamb - comes from a deprived background " brigade come charging in on their high horses

lets get one thing straight , no one argues that if the house was sub standard , or dangerous then straight away she should have re furb work done ,
    but she is looking for A EXTRA ROOM , when either the 13 month old should be in her room or in a bunk bed - it is that simple

truly the stupidity of some people fails to astonish me - along with the plebs sticking up for this rubbish ,
    i know of at least 3 family's that are living in what could only be described as flea pits who have been waiting YEARS to be re homed , yet this woman feels she is entitled to waste space and time over her want of more space ???
    she wants a bigger house ??? SO DO I - but im not putting my hand out and stamping my feet

she has water , electricity , heating , walls and a roof - compared to some in this banana republic she is on the pigs back

this is why she is getting dogs abuse

knowing when to keep your mouth shut is a skill some people should learn

I don't think anyone's said anything like that.
    I've just seen some posters quite reasonably suggesting that some of the hatred expressed in quite disgusting terms from people who don't know her is a bit unseemly, and a poor way of debating.
    Though unfortunately, such a level of "discussion" is all-too common around here lately.

• Advertisement

I do know a friend in another school was put under intense pressure to put a number of children from the same extended family forward to be diagnosed with ADHD as one mother found out about the DCA ( domicillary care allowance.)

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

People who try and get their children diagnosed with a condition for money??:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement