Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**MOD NOTE UPDATED**Limerick woman complains about living in 3 bed house with 4 kids

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

Decent housing should be provided, fair enough, but a room for every child? I may be getting old but if I was in a position where it was obvious I could not provide for the children I had, I would stop getting pregnant rather than expecting the government to cater for me.

totally agree she needs her fanny sown up or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

FatherLen wrote: »
    there is a wonderful and cheap solution to all of that.
    contraception.

Contraception isn't a solution to an accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

WindSock wrote: »
    Just trying to see where the moral outrage is coming from in here and what the woman is expected to do if she get pregnant.

To get pregnant once is unfortunate, repeatedly is careless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Staple her gee shut until she learns that her kids are meant to fit inside a house and not the house around her kids!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

The more hand outs people get, the more they expect.

I used to do voluntary work in a place that gave free meals to anyone who wanted, no questions asked. I overheard two men talking one day as they queued to get their free meal.
    "Look at the state of the walls, you think they'd paint the place"
    "Ah sure they don't give a f**k about us"

I went to work there thinking I would feel good for helping people but I left after a few months because of the attitude of the people there.

One day we had a BBQ for kids and parents, we provided tons of burgers, sausages, buns, rolls, sauces etc. All free of charge. I spent hours cooking for no pay and I think I heard 1 mother say thanks. One screamed at me for not providing forks. They threw all their rubbish all over the place even though there was bins provided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

How Many "accidents" can one person have? if she thinks the place is unsafe why bring more kids into the house?

In general terms if i cant afford more mouths to feed i dont creat them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just trying to see where the moral outrage is coming from in here and what the woman is expected to do if she get pregnant.

She's complaining the house is too small for 4 kids and now decides to have another. A responsible adult would actually have the sense to think "maybe now isn't the right time". In the case of people like this, its more "a sure the council will sort out a bigger house anyway". Jaw dropping sense of entitlement where there is absolutely none deserved.

5 accidents. She's very unfortunate isn't she:rolleyes:. She should get compensation ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

with a fifth child on the way, Serinna has said enough is enough.

Her partner "Toyota" was unavailable for comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

There is a legitmate concern surrounding the piping and carbon monoxide issue especially with young children but as it's a council house it's not supposed to be the Ritz-Carlton ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

She is complaining about the standard of the house. Totally different to what you are trying to imply.

In fairness, the opening line of the article is:
    A MOYROSS mother of four says she is “in despair” at having to look after her children in a three bedroom house.

So wasn't just something the OP plucked out of the air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

How many 'accident' children does she have to have before they become on purpose...

If this really was an accident and she was using contraception which failed, she would be the type to have a lawsuit filed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Maybe she planned some, maybe not...maybe there are even more sinister circumstances. I don't know and neither does anyone else in here baying for her gee to be sewn shut and to never have sex again.
    All because she has requested better conditions to bring her kids up in. There is hardly a shortage of empty shells to move into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

"I swear doctor, I just fell on his mickey!"

"Five times???"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I have 3 brothers and an older sister and when I was little I literally had no bedroom. My sister was an adult and had boyfriends over and stuff so she got her own room (the box room is too small for 2 people anyway). I just had to sleep in the sitting room or wherever there was a spare bed. I didn't get my own room until I was 16.

Bloody short changed or wha'? But this auld tart needs to just deal with it like everyone else does.

<snip>

That's what got her into this situation :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

<snip>

I thought that was the problem? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

People dont want anything other than to be able to hurl abuse, they dont want solutions or to understand the issue. If you end up in this situation your fcuked, your a lazy, ignorant slut who cant raise a child and you only have yourself to blame. And if you do one damn thing to try improve things for yourself your an ungrateful greedy cnut who should be happy with being privileged enough to have such fine folks casting their ill founded judgements on ya.

Thats what I've got so far anyway. Good thing she's not a foreign national or she'd really be in for some abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Take a bit of responsibility for starters.

As one of the comments at the bottom of the article points out, she is living there for 5 years and is going to have 5 kids soon. So assuming the other kids are over 5, she had three kids in a 3 bedroom house which is not overcrowding.

If she hadn't planned to get a bigger house on her own, she should have taken more care when having a family.

Whats to happen if/when she has another 5 kids. Should she be entitled to ask for a 10 bedroom mansion out the country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

There was 12 in total in my immediate family living in a 3 bedroom house and we coped just fine. That woman should be grateful for what she has.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

5 accidents!?!??!!? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

5 accidents. She's very unfortunate isn't she:rolleyes:. She should get compensation ;)

Christ dont be giving her ideas......................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

MungBean wrote: »
    And if you do one damn thing to try improve things for yourself your an ungrateful greedy cnut who should be happy with being privileged enough to have such fine folks casting their ill founded judgements on ya.

Pfft thats one way of putting it, trying to improve things for yourself?

I would consider trying to improve things for yourself as working your way out of that situation, not complaining that the free house you got isn't big enough for your ever increasing family.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

She is complaining about the standard of the house. Totally different to what you are trying to imply.

But..but...but....ITS A DISGRACE!!!!11 AND TO TOP IT OFF, IT'S ALL THE BANKERS FAULT!!!!11

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

There was bould woman who lived in a shoe.
    She had so many children, she didn't know what to do.
    When giving up sex as her fanny was red;
    she stuck to tit **** and some occasional head.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

foxyboxer wrote: »
    There is a legitmate concern surrounding the piping and carbon monoxide issue especially with young children but as it's a council house it's not supposed to be the Ritz-Carlton ffs.

I worked on council housing for a while doing repairs. In my experience she would not have been moved into a house with blocked ventilation on the boiler and no plaster on the walls in the sitting room in any part of Ireland. Instead the plaster would have been damaged after moving in with a expectation that it should be repaired immediately. And the boiler would have been blocked by either her or her children. Sometimes because the kids are just plain stupid and sometimes because the parent is just plain stupid. Sometimes both. If they had died from it, it would have been a effective evolutionary filter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

In fairness, the opening line of the article is:

So wasn't just something the OP plucked out of the air.

There is more to the article than the opening line. The LL is another rag that is imo trolling this story from both angles.

Whether she has 10 children or 1 she is entitled to a safe house to raise the children. The housing in alot of Moyross is poor quality and the reason the regeneration was started and more or less abandoned as our Government bail the banks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Does anyone know - if that childrens refferendum passes will people like this then be able to sue the state for allowing her children to live in such overcrowded conditions ?
    'Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder' and all ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement