Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**MOD NOTE UPDATED**Limerick woman complains about living in 3 bed house with 4 kids

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Funny with all the crowds jeering for her to have her 'gee sown up', her 'gee stapled' and shouts for her to keep her legs together, not one person has suggested that the father(s) of the children take care of his children. Does he have no responsibility? I only know of one immaculate conception; after that I do believe it takes two at minimum.

This woman has come from a disadvantaged area, and is doing the best she can. She hasn't given her kids away to be taken into care.

There for the grace of God I go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Presumably the father is a scum-bag who's bolted it then. Doesn't absolve her of responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yes, the father or fathers of those children deserves to be castigated and should be providing for their children. However, the decision to have more children is entirely in her hands. If she doesn't have sex without using contraception, she doesn't have more children. And seeing as she can't afford to provide for those she does have, she shouldn't be having more.

That's without ever even begining to address the sense of entitlement that each of her children deserve a room to themselves at the taxpayers expense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

cloud493 wrote: »
    Presumably the father is a scum-bag who's bolted it then. Doesn't absolve her of responsibility.

I know of cases where there are fathers who are living in the same house, working and claiming benefits but off the books and not down on the birth cert and not listed as living with the mother.

This way there is more state money accumulated by the couple.

Not saying that is the case here but in any event it's up to the mother to pursue maintenance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Funny with all the crowds jeering for her to have her 'gee sown up', her 'gee stapled' and shouts for her to keep her legs together, not one person has suggested that the father(s) of the children take care of his children. Does he have no responsibility? I only know of one immaculate conception; after that I do believe it takes two at minimum.

This woman has come from a disadvantaged area, and is doing the best she can. She hasn't given her kids away to be taken into care.

In fairness, picking a suitable father to have children with is her priority, not ours. Repeatedly having children shouldn't entitle you to anything. Use contraception or provide for them yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

This is what's wrong with this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Now, now, now, if the responsibility card is being played then you may find the fathers will want rights as well.
    Fathers rights seem very thin on the ground in this fair land.
    They should take responsibility though, you're right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

If you don't like the house that you were given for free by the rest of us, there's an easy solution called buying your own house. You can make it as big as you like too.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

Morlar wrote: »
    I know of cases where there are fathers who are living in the same house, working and claiming benefits but off the books and not down on the birth cert and not listed as living with the mother.

This way there is more state money accumulated by the couple.

Not saying that is the case here but in any event it's up to the mother to pursue maintenance.

This is the type of thing the social want called into them. If they visit the house and lets say go through the drawers in the bedroom and find his underwear there lets say, mens shower gel in the bathroom, do a bit of surveliance and see him comin n going like he is living there, stop the benefit and blacklist them. Stop the money by way of deductions from the social then to recoup the money they claimed when they knew it was illlegal and bring proceedings aginst them. An example needs to be made of a few people to show action will be taken if caught and I bet you will see a big drop in fraud like this. Thats the prob with this country is that no body is made an example off. Peoples mentality is " ah sure i'll never be caught i've been doing this for the last 5 years " :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

WindSock wrote: »
    All because she has requested better conditions to bring her kids up in. There is hardly a shortage of empty shells to move into.

So because she requests better conditions she should get them? Where is her personal responsibility in all of this. She should have realised how expensive it is to rear 1 child and considered this before creating more.

If it's only a matter of requesting better conditions to be entitled to them, I want a 5 bedroom multi million property in Killiney...do I get it, or do I get told to 'Get a job'?

People like this who can't afford to provide for the children are selfish to keep creating them. What about the child having to grow up in these conditions?
    Contraception isn't a solution to an accident.

Morning after pill. implant to stop any further accidents
    micropig wrote: »

Also the story makes no mention of the childrens father(s)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭JoeGil

If you don't like the house that you were given for free by the rest of us, there's an easy solution called buying your own house. You can make it as big as you like too.

You might think so but a whole lot who did this a few years ago and made the houses as big as they liked now block the airwaves every day demanding everybody else to foot the bill. Not a great soulution either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

This is the type of thing the social want called into them. If they visit the house and lets say go through the drawers in the bedroom and find his underwear there lets say, mens shower gel in the bathroom, do a bit of surveliance and see him comin n going like he is living there, stop the benefit and blacklist them. Stop the money by way of deductions from the social then to recoup the money they claimed when they knew it was illlegal and bring proceedings aginst them. An example needs to be made of a few people to show action will be taken if caught and I bet you will see a big drop in fraud like this. Thats the prob with this country is that no body is made an example off. Peoples mentality is " ah sure i'll never be caught i've been doing this for the last 5 years " :mad:

In that scenario (which is NOT the case we are talking about in this thread here - lets be clear) No one is going to cut off that womans money. It's cheaper for politicians to keep throwing our money at that kind of problem rather than stand up and deal with it. Because of the risk of the knee jerk media potentially painting that politician in a negative light. There are also too many special interest bleeding heart groups out there with too much clout (imo). Besides they (the woman in our fictional scenario) would be straight down to the community welfare officer for emergency cash handouts anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Six kids in our house and we had three bedrooms

I didn't get my own room until I was seventeen

This lady needs a reality check

Ever hear of bunk beds???
    They are not expensive and the community welfare officer would even give you money for buying the bunk beds

Where's Daddy? He could assemble it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

There has to be a bit of personal accountability here. On the dole you can barely afford one child. Going and having 5 is an incredibly selfish thing to do.

* Awaits for a significant proportion of single parents to cry how unfair a major clamp down would be

human rights rabble rabble

I'm not sure why we pay allowance to single parents (exceptions death), every child has two parents and it's about time they were made take responsibility for their accidents

Sad reflection of humanity when parents have to be forced before they take care of their children and consider their needs.

If you're going to have children, plan how you are going to take care of them before you create them - you wouldn't get a dog before considering this

If the complaint is the man is a looser etc...stop having sex with losers and get to know them first.

And I don't believe contraception fails as much as people claim it does

Stupid parents.. disastrous consequences for the children

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

All because she has requested better conditions to bring her kids up in. There is hardly a shortage of empty shells to move into.
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/limerick-s-serinna-in-despair-over-home-for-kids-1-3764536
    Serinna, who arranged a 90 minute meeting with Mayor Jim Long - insists she wants to remain in Moyross
    It's not just a case of wanting a bigger house; she wants a bigger house in Moyross.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭GowlBag

Haha! The picture is class. The young lad crying cos he doesn't have his own room... Or maybe he got a slap across the back of the head just before the photo was taken? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Flaker

Maybe she planned some, maybe not...maybe there are even more sinister circumstances. I don't know and neither does anyone else in here baying for her gee to be sewn shut and to never have sex again.

Why doesn't she provide better conditions for her kids to be brought up in? Like not further overcrowding an already "overcrowded" house (which it's not by the way)? It's not anybody else's responsibility to look after her bloody kids, it's hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

I went to work there thinking I would feel good for helping people but I left after a few months because of the attitude of the people there.

Maybe they didn't like your "special" biscuits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Jim Long will do what the corpo just love to do and it's ship their worst tenants into private estates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭carolmarx

phasers wrote: »
    I have 3 brothers and an older sister and when I was little I literally had no bedroom. My sister was an adult and had boyfriends over and stuff so she got her own room (the box room is too small for 2 people anyway). I just had to sleep in the sitting room or wherever there was a spare bed. I didn't get my own room until I was 16.

Bloody short changed or wha'? But this auld tart needs to just deal with it like everyone else does.

Bunk Beds. Tbh I don't think you should call this woman a tart when you were literally room-less cause your sister had fellas over. Harsh? Yeah, so were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Are you ****ing kidding

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/limerick-s-serinna-in-despair-over-home-for-kids-1-3764536

I know this was already posted in the limerick forum, but... are you kidding? Jesus christ, some people.

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

True, she should have personal accountability for her life, but where is the father?

Thats not an unreasonable question to ask. Someone must have gotten her pregnant and fathers are not glorified sperm banks. They should have more rights, and with more rights comes more responsibiliies too.

I had a terrible accident the other day. I drove my car into a wall.

Then I reversed and drove into it another 4 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

micropig wrote: »
    * Awaits for a significant proportion of single parents to cry how unfair a major clamp down would be

human rights rabble rabble

I'm not sure why we pay allowance to single parents (exceptions death), every child has two parents and it's about time they were made take responsibility for their accidents

Sad reflection of humanity when parents have to be forced before they take care of their children and consider their needs.

If you're going to have children, plan how you are going to take care of them before you create them - you wouldn't get a dog before considering this

If the complaint is the man is a looser etc...stop having sex with losers and get to know them first.

And I don't believe contraception fails as much as people claim it does

Stupid parents.. disastrous consequences for the children

So you're branching out from Gardai then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Yes if only everyone stopped getting pregnant...

Do you want a large family: No
    If you accidently get pregnant will you go over to England for a termination: No
    Will you give the child up for adoption when it is born : No

Ok, you're not allowed to get pregnant, under any circumstance. If you do I will call you a slut and you and your kids deserve to live in a home that is well below standard.

jesus windsock are ya tolling ????

who in their right mind has MORE ****ing kids if they think the house is not up to scratch and its so bad ( in her opinion ) it might kill her kids ???

and sorry, but if the state has to feed and clothe ALL your children then stop having kids - its as simple as that , if she cant keep her legs closed then for the sake of the rest of us GO ON THE ****ING PILL :mad:

me and my wife work mental hours to finance our family and we cant cant have anymore because i cant AFFORD any more , why ??
    becasue im paying for pond scum like this tramp

now back to your high horse ,its leaving **** on the public highway

and the most annoying part that no one has highlighted is how in gods name was she able to get 90 minutes of ANYONE'S time over this spurious crap ??? let alone the mayor !!!

do you know what - the scum really do run this kip
    absolutely no point in trying to be a decent tax payer in this country
    just be a cu2t and take the piss all the time - i really scratch my head over gee bags like her - i live in a estate full of these wastes of oxygen

one family close to me have 4 daughters , all are single mothers with 2/3 kids each , ALL have council houses in the same estate as their parents , no work between them , never have done a day , so from one waster family we now have 4 , and watch the mindless rats multiply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I had a terrible accident the other day. I drove my car into a wall.

Then I reversed and drove into it another 4 times.

:D Some accidents are just so much more enjoyable than others though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Get a job, save up, buy a house which suits your needs. ****ing sick of people who expect things just because they dropped a few babies.

I'm sure she can apply for maintenance grants to the house anyway.

Nodin wrote: »
    So you're branching out from Gardai then?

Is she a Guard aswell? It wouldn't suprise me, both are looking for handouts they're entitled to:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

<snip>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement