Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**MOD NOTE UPDATED**Limerick woman complains about living in 3 bed house with 4 kids

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

dj jarvis wrote: »
    and the most annoying part that no one has highlighted is how in gods name was she able to get 90 minutes of ANYONE'S time over this spurious crap ??? let alone the mayor !!!

I agree with most of your post but imagine the mayors point of view...

'Mayor won't meet desperate mother of 4' all over the papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

I had a terrible accident the other day. I drove my car into a wall.

Then I reversed and drove into it another 4 times.

From reading AH I believe there are 2 outcomes of accidents

a) 5 children
    b)€11.5 million

What was the result of yours?

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

IvySlayer wrote: »

Weak politicians are not what anyone needs. If he knew in advance she was such a waster then he should have grown a spine and honestly said 'No'.

Maybe he could claim he was afraid he'd impregnate her accidently:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

but in reality its mayor wont meet lazy cow who wants bigger house for a non reason , christ i knew of a girl with a SEVERLY handicapped child , who was stuck in a damp , mice infested shoe box for nearly 10 years , now she should have been re house - this gee bag lives in a palace compaired to that waste of space

makes me so ****ing angry to read this kind of rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

What annoys me most is that she doesn't seem to have any idea of how lucky she is to be in a council house in the first place! The kids I work with are in inner city flats, the whole bottom floor all boarded up... place falling apart. Whole families in one/two bed flats. Cases of parent(s) sleeping on fold out couches in the sitting room. All the kids in one bedroom, 3 boys sleeping in a double bed in one family.. Another family with a little boy who has 3 sisters, so he had to leave the bedroom and he's on the couch. New baby keeping him up at night too. Poor lamb. She's so ungrateful! Other families with newcomer kids, Roma especially might have 3 or 4 families in one apartment! There is extreme poverty in this country - she is not a priority imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

she should close her legs and her mouth and be thankful she even has a house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Another example of everything that is wrong in society today.

Saying that, the vile garbage being spouted by some people here who ironically seem to think they are superior is disgraceful. You're no better.

Boards has really gone to the dogs lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

dj jarvis wrote: »
    now there ya go , that's your problem right there , and in fairness if she did stop having UNPROTECTED sex she would not have so many bastard children

she is just a stupid cow , who has not got the cop on to at least take the ****ing pill every morning

we should not have to pay for her laziness and stupidity

I'd say she is far from stupid. The SW will fall over themselves to appease her. Again

Do you work, do you have a mortgage, kids, loans. Do you have money/job worries?

Another aspect of Bertie's legacy is a huge minority of professional scroungers who will never do anything but be a drain on society. Most of her kids will no doubt follow in her footsteps and procreate proportionately, whilst another huge minority are skyping their families from far away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

WindSock wrote: »
    Contraception isn't a solution to an accident.

So the state has to shell out for her 5 'accidents'? Is anyone accountable for their actions anymore? She's on welfare, supposedly a temporary stop gap, a temporary refuge for people. It's not meant as a lifestyle choice. She's got a 3 bed semi out of it plus countless other benefits. She's got enough. She wants more? Do what everybody else has to do; save money or get a job. Not possible? Well tell her the same thing they tell tradesmen and sole traders who can't get dole; tough sh*t. Surely they should be a higher priority than people who just keep leeching and bleeding the SW dry?

As an aside, why doesn't the 18 month old sleep in her room and leave the other kid sleep?

Could her or the childs father not have completed a FAS course in plastering and done it themselves if it was that bad?

Free to do and they'd still be able to keep their entitlements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

“When we moved in here, the condition of this house was deplorable. There was no plaster - it was only last year we were able to plaster the front room."

Could have been done a lot sooner if she went out and bought the plaster herself like any normal person would do or maybe even hire a plasterer since there's no mention of a father.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

mconigol wrote: »
    Another example of everything that is wrong in society today.

Saying that, the vile garbage being spouted by some people here who ironically seem to think they are superior is disgraceful. You're no better.

Boards has really gone to the dogs lately.

pointing out what is obviously wrong with this state does not make anyone superior - standing up for cretins who don't deserve our help makes them culpable

so so many people who really need help never get heard , so when oxygen thieves like her get press space they should be shouted down until they never raise their resource grabbing heads again ....

dont forget why she is giving out - she wants extra space so all her kids can have a room :mad: boo hoo

i grew up in a small council house in dublin with 9 of us , father and mother worked , with good role models we all grew up to own our own houses and business , NONE of my family are on the dole or have children we cant afford
    why - becasue we were not hand out knuckle dragging scum
    dont like what i call her - well tough , becasue that is what she is to me

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭breadmonster

We need some mandatory community service for people like these. 10 hours a week for each rugrat or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I know how she feels...there was 15 of us in a 14 bed house...tough times indeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Its quiet simple, she lives in moyross, possibly the worst scumbag estate in Limerick, isn't that where dundons live?

They live in Weston. Some of the MacCarthys AFAIK live in Moyross tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

If anyone that reads boards.ie has ever wondered how the "great" Willie O'Dea always topped the poll in Limerick City over the years,this thread is your answer.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I feel a Beyond the Fringe sketch coming on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

micropig wrote: »
    If the complaint is the man is a looser etc...stop having sex with losers and get to know them first.

Looser than what? :D In my experience a lot of men are quite practised at hiding their loserness until it's too late for all concerned.
    I went to work there thinking I would feel good for helping people but I left after a few months because of the attitude of the people there.

Probably the worst and most naive reason for doing voluntary work. Most people don't use voluntary work to make themselves feel good. They do it because they want to help people and not to prop up their self-esteem. :rolleyes:
    What annoys me most is that she doesn't seem to have any idea of how lucky she is to be in a council house in the first place! The kids I work with are in inner city flats, the whole bottom floor all boarded up... place falling apart. Whole families in one/two bed flats. Cases of parent(s) sleeping on fold out couches in the sitting room. All the kids in one bedroom, 3 boys sleeping in a double bed in one family.. Another family with a little boy who has 3 sisters, so he had to leave the bedroom and he's on the couch. New baby keeping him up at night too. Poor lamb. She's so ungrateful! Other families with newcomer kids, Roma especially might have 3 or 4 families in one apartment! There is extreme poverty in this country - she is not a priority imo.

Perhaps then they should, like people have suggested, have their vaginas sewn up/stapled/glued shut or perhaps be shot/hung/forcibly sterilised, or should have kept their legs crossed or even waited 20 years to make sure that the father of their children wasn't a loser.* I admire your nerve in bringing up the travail that the Roma might suffer, in AH. Waits for the string of abusive posts about them which will more than likely follow.

I don't subscribe to any of these solutions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

14 of us grew up in a 1 bedroom house.
    I used to love when the rats came in at wintertime.
    They would sit on my chest and keep me warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

I wonder if she might be able to get a mortgage and buy a house herself for her family. That way, she would be able to select her own house.

washman3 wrote: »
    If anyone that reads boards.ie has ever wondered how the "great" Willie O'Dea always topped the poll in Limerick City over the years,this thread is your answer.:mad:

Willie O'Dea..What ya gonna do for me
    Are you the minister for hash,
    Are you the minister for gee:pac:

Looser than what? :D In my experience a lot of men are quite practised at hiding their loserness until it's too late for all concerned.

Looser than his woman's flaps:P once maybe but 5 times :eek:
    I don't subscribe to any of these solutions.

What would be your final solution?
    Godwinned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Any links to that facebook campaign she's starting so I can send her a heap of vile abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I say fair play to the OP.

Played the card, drew in the numpties and boom, a thread full of outrage from people who can't read an article.

5 stars.

14 of us grew up in a 1 bedroom house.
    I used to love when the rats came in at wintertime.
    They would sit on my chest and keep me warm.

Luxury.

We used to dream of furry rats. All we had were 2 hedgehogs and me grannies corpse to keep us warm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

"Get a job." - genius.

We know for a fact that she hasn't thought of that, that she definitely isn't looking for work, that she'd have no problem finding a job in a recession that would enable her to afford childcare, do we?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

the level of hatred towards this woman is just :eek:and the assumptions she is scum etc etc maybe her sense of entitlement is inflated however without seeing the house who knows what her living conditions are like .

Also with all the young leaving the country maybe we need more woman having babies to fill the gap

i do agree though that kids are expensive and where possible be carefully planned to have 4 children and one on the way isnt very smart however i dont think this woman is equilvalant to stalin nor do none of us know if she is a slut .

catthinkin wrote: »
    the level of hatred towards this woman is just :eek:and the assumptions she is scum etc etc maybe her sense of entitlement is inflated however without seeing the house who knows what her living conditions are like .

Also with all the young leaving the country maybe we need more woman having babies to fill the gap

i do agree though that kids are expensive and where possible be carefully planned to have 4 children and one on the way isnt very smart however i dont think this woman is equilvalant to stalin nor do none of us know if she is a slut .

LOL. Bravo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,920 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Sleepy wrote: »
    This is the fruit of our welfare system. Those that won't contribute out-breed the rest of us and whinge when we can't afford to provide for them in the manner they'd like.

ADHD my arse, gob****e of a mother more like!

For ADHD read boldness. I know education professionals who dont believe in it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement