Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Cycling Gear Order Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Cork24 wrote: »
    if you could fill in your Details in this Excel

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EdjY0dUR2VhNUE

Done, maybe I'll just stick with a jersey for now, have enough pairs of shorts to last me a lifetime...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Yeah Paypal is the Best Option.. bank Transfers are way to messy and take 7 days to clear, Paypal safer as well. The Price List from the Excel Sheet is based on Carvalho with VAT inc.

No shipping Cost was Added to Price.

I payed shipped last time and picked up in person: I'd prefer to pick up if you're willing to offer the option (since you're somewhere in Cork... presumably).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I payed shipped last time and picked up in person: I'd prefer to pick up if you're willing to offer the option (since you're somewhere in Cork... presumably).

No Problem..

I am Holding off on the Shipping, I just added the VAT..

SO when i do get the Final Numbers we can Divide the Shipping cost

And then talk about Post to who ever wants their Ship,

I have No problem with Pick ups This does seem fair enough...

colm_gti wrote: »
    Done, maybe I'll just stick with a jersey for now, have enough pairs of shorts to last me a lifetime...

No problem i take you off my list for Shorts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Masala

Anyone get the Bib Shorts in the past???? Just wondering if the Large which is listed as 34 Waist is a 34-36 or more a 33/34???

I am a 35 waist myself I would say and have opted for a XL at 36 on the chart....any comments????

• Advertisement

Also Cork... are you thinking of doing 'Long' Pants???

Despite the weather todate - I still haven't managed to get out in shorts yet!!

Last thing Cork.... the previous Boardsie (Rob) operated a SAE system for delivery and so took the need of having to arrange further transfers of funds. Worked great from my point of view.... I sent a jiffy bag fully stamped with my work address and and all he had to do was pack the shirt and throw into the post!!

An option for you at delivery time!!

colm_gti wrote: »

No problem i take you off my list for Shorts
    Feic it, y'know what, god knows when there'll be another order done, and I like completeness, put me down for a jersey and shorts, changed my entry on the excel spreadsheet just there.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

I'm in for a L/S jersey, medium. Added to the spreadsheet.

Cork... will you check the BIB Shorts pricing on the spreadsheet. See my entry on same.

Masala

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Wow almost 70euro for the gillet? I can get an Assos for that money. I ll stick with the bib shorts only :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Scuba_Scoper

Added bib shorts to my order on the spreadsheet.
    God knows when the next order will be so should be sorted with both long and short sleeves and the bibs.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I dont mind the pink, bring out the blue eyes more..

Can some one tell me what kind is the padding on the shorts

did anyone have anything to say about the padding on the shorts... is it any good?

also I'd rather just a pair of normal shorts rather than bib shorts

PS are you sure on the prices??

Any one who thinks Im ripping them off LOL....

I Download their Order List place 1 for each Item hit Cal. i then just took the Shipping Cost Off..

You can see the Excel from them on one of my post on page 3.

I sent them off an Email as well to double check on those prices.

stevieob wrote: »
    did anyone have anything to say about the padding on the shorts... is it any good?

also I'd rather just a pair of normal shorts rather than bib shorts

PS are you sure on the prices??

Those Prices are Exc.VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Any one who thinks Im ripping them off LOL....

I Download their Order List place 1 for each Item hit Cal. i then just took the Shipping Cost Off..

You can see the Excel from them on one of my post on page 3.

I sent them off an Email as well to double check on those prices.

ah no i wasn't thinking that at all... I had just seen the difference so thought I'd ask is all.

Was on the phone to Velotec they said they will do the Custom Design for 30 euros or even free depend on the number of Items i order

bib shorts ar 39 + vat

S/s jersey 35 + vat
    L/s "" 39 + vat

full zip jerseys are the same price he will do them for

Gillets there is two types one for 40 + vat euro and the other for 50 + vat which he will add pockets in if we like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Was on the phone to Velotec they said they will do the Custom Design for 30 euros or even free depend on the number of Items i order

bib shorts ar 39 + vat

S/s jersey 35 + vat
    L/s "" 39 + vat

Gillets there is two types one for 40 + vat euro and the other for 50 + vat which he will add pockets in if we like

Them prices look good. If you go with them I'll be adding a jersey too.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

RT66 wrote: »

bib shorts ar 39 + vat

S/s jersey 35 + vat
    L/s "" 39 + vat

Them prices look good. If you go with them I'll be adding a jersey too.

Same

If i could get the Kit Design pm to me i can Email them and get a price on paper,

And get back ASAP once i got that off them.

Still no word from the Other Company about Double Checking price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Added myself to the list.

SAE? No chance, I want that thing delivered by YOU to my door. I'll pay for your bus though...

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭xbox gamer

Just added myself for a s/s jersey :cool:

bib shorts ar 39 + vat

S/s jersey 35 + vat
    L/s "" 39 + vat

Still very much interested in s/s full zip jersey and bib shorts :)

I'm quite picky when it comes to kit and I know a lot of it is down to personal preference, but come on! The jersey is a really simple and kick ass design. Uncluttered but still eye catching. The pink is what makes it!

Do I need to post a photo of myself to make people change their minds???

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flying11

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I'm quite picky when it comes to kit and I know a lot of it is down to personal preference, but come on! The jersey is a really simple and kick ass design. Uncluttered but still eye catching. The pink is what makes it!

Do I need to post a photo of myself to make people change their minds???
    i agree with you completely, most of it is down to personal preference and of course a new kit would also add to the expense.

personally, i dont really like the current kit as i think the pink and black is a bit too contrasting but each to there own i suppose. If i have time later i might make up a boards kit more to my own taste and post it here and see what people think (if thats ok?) :o

flying11 wrote: »
    i agree with you completely, most of it is down to personal preference and of course a new kit would also add to the expense.

personally, i dont really like the current kit as i think the pink and black is a bit too contrasting but each to there own i suppose. If i have time later i might make up a boards kit more to my own taste and post it here and see what people think (if thats ok?) :o

Go for it, always good to see new ideas. I'd love to have a "jersey ideas thread" going, not for Boards kit as such, but just ideas that people might have for kit in general, be it their own club kit, a pro team redesign or something humorous.

If the Mods have no problem sure why not,

I would think it would be alot of Work Changing the Design of the Jersey Setting up a Poll and getting the Boards.ie Team to agree with the new Jersey then, Setting up an Order Thread and taken orders for it.

What colours would you go for ?

I like the Team Sky Kit.. was thinking of buying the whole Kit. or even the Cube Gear is nice.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Go for it, always good to see new ideas. I'd love to have a "jersey ideas thread" going, not for Boards kit as such, but just ideas that people might have for kit in general, be it their own club kit, a pro team redesign or something humorous.

Start a Thread ?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,849 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

flying11 wrote: »
    If i have time later i might make up a boards kit more to my own taste and post it here and see what people think (if thats ok?) :o
    As I've already pointed out, any change to the design would require the approval of the Boards office (last time they did require us to make some amendments to the design IIRC)

I would add that agreeing to any change regarding the current order must really be down to the guy doing all the work. I don't see why Cork24 should have more hassle imposed upon him, unless he's prepared to take that on board, and in particular unless someone else is prepared to help him deal with that additional hassle

The alternative would be to try and come up with a new design for the next order, but who knows, that could be a year or so off based on past experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flying11

If the Mods have no problem sure why not,

I would think it would be alot of Work Changing the Design of the Jersey Setting up a Poll and getting the Boards.ie Team to agree with the new Jersey then, Setting up an Order Thread and taken orders for it.

What colours would you go for ?

I like the Team Sky Kit.. was thinking of buying the whole Kit. or even the Cube Gear is nice.

im open to suggestions, i would'nt mind something with a blue/black combination though. if anyone has any suggestions/ jerseys they like/ any other preferences then i could perhaps try and make something we all like?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement