Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Cycling Gear Order Thread.

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

ill not be available after 1.30 today due to a lovely 4 hour meeting. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

Hi lennymc

I'm running into a meeting myself now so I'll be offline.

Are we still on for a swap of the bib shorts or am I getting a M?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

lennymc wrote: »
    ill not be available after 1.30 today due to a lovely 4 hour meeting. :(

What time will you be free tomorrow?

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    What time will you be free tomorrow?
    i should be around all dya tomorrow (i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Is anyone picking gear from Lenny and coming towards the south side?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

MediaMan wrote: »

(BTW am still looking to sell on my Medium Short Sleeve Jersey if there are any takers - will post a note in Cycling Adverts too).

what size do you reckon that medium would fit? might be interested..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Masala

Cork... Bib Shorts arrived today in post.

Many thanks for all the work

They look great...good padding and nice material.

Regards

Masala

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Collected my order from Lenny. Thanks Lenny!
    Looks to be a good fit. The pink seems to be a bit pinker than the last order. :)

Thanks Cork24 for organising!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Is anyone picking gear from Lenny and coming towards the south side?

I should be picking up tmrw and I live out Dun Laoghsire direction but willing to divert on the way home. That offer is open to any other Southsiders as well.

I should be picking up tmrw and I live out Dun Laoghsire direction but willing to divert on the way home. That offer is open to any other Southsiders as well.

That would be great thank you! I ll pm you my number :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

Thanks Cork24 for all the hard work you've put in.

That should put you in the clear from organising the next batch anyway:D

Thanks Lenny as well and enjoy the big hills

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Picked mine up off lennymc today. Haven't tried on, but they look really good.

Thanks lenny, hope you weren't late for your meeting!

And finally, a massive, massive thank you for a super job from Cork24. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

mossym wrote: »
    what size do you reckon that medium would fit? might be interested..

Hi mossym, I specified 99cm (39in) chest size. From looking at the sheet of what people got, it seems that M size was selected for approx 95-100cm chest. Note this is a 1/4 zip model. Measure up and PM me if interested. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Cork24 wrote: »
    so if Funkykebus wanna Swap with Cookie_Monster...

huh?

it really can't get complicated for me. I'm in New Zealand, my parents are storing the order for me and I won't get to test fit it till October so I'd rather stay out of any swapping and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Collected from Lenny this morning. Big thanks to him for coordinating the Dublin end and a a massive thanks to Cork for processing the order. Given the hassle of organising this, it seems like it would be a good idea in future to reward the poor unfortunate with a free (or subsidiised) item paid for by the rest of the beneficiiaries?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

MediaMan wrote: »
    Hi mossym, I specified 99cm (39in) chest size. From looking at the sheet of what people got, it seems that M size was selected for approx 95-100cm chest. Note this is a 1/4 zip model. Measure up and PM me if interested. Cheers.

cheers mate, i'm a between a 40 and 41@ chest so reckon it might be a bit too small. cheers anyway, pity, missed the start of this and would ave gone for one if i had seen it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

The bibs seem good make I have used them but the padding looks well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Scuba_Scoper

Thanks to Lenny for coordinating Dublin collections and big props to Cork24 for taking the initiative in the first place.

The kit is deadly, really looking forward to giving it a showing in the Wicklow hills over the weekend.

Cheers,
    S

Cork24 wrote: »
    The bibs seem good make I have used them but the padding looks well

yeah -they look nice and comfy. Ill be trying them out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Clippers

Mine arrived in the post today, thanks a million Cork for organising all this.

• Advertisement

First of all big thanks to Cork24 for organizing this (it must have been a real pain), to Lenny who got the stuff to his office and to le petit braquet for delivering them to my door, thank you all!

To my surprise this small sized jersey is the largest I 've seen, it's probably larger than all my medium. I have no idea how these guys there measure their stuff up. I could even say it feels sliiiiiiightly buggier on the back side.

The shorts though are super tight on the legs and quite wide on the waist, i ll try them tomorrow and let you know what i think in more detail. The padding is enormous in width and very thick, more than I need for sure.

Now about the quality, I have 3 generations of Boards gear, the original Carvalho one, the newest Carvalho and this one from Velotec. I would rate the velotec as the worst of them. Not that it's particularly bad quality, but the colors are not that vivid and there are already loose threads (not sure if that's what it's called).

YODGE.jpg

Here is a photo (which is fecked in regards of actual colors but you can see a difference) left the velotec right the carvahlo. The carvahlo is properly pink while velotec is just a faded shade of pink. Going by this chart I would say one is Cupid and the other Rasberry sherbet :p

If I was doing an order next time (which I won't :p) I would pick Carvalho again or try something else.

Again, thanks a lot Cork for the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Masala

Cork...as a matter of interest - who were the Supplier in this case???? Are they Italian??? Just trying to get a handle on sizes!!

Glad I went XL in Bib Shorts as I would say L would be a squeeze!!

For the next order...I think more Logos etc would be a good idea! That will not be your problem Cork anyway!! I like the 2-panel style and the 2 shades of black!!

Went out today for my 1st spin since ROK with the new shorts and thought the padding was good on them. The only problem is that the 'ar*e' sticks out a bit when off the bike but thats me being vain!!

Well done to you Cork for a highly efficient job.....pat yourself on the back!!!

I agree with earlier poster .... the next man to do this should be subsidised for free gear for himself OR herself brother ( in my Life of Brian accent). Hope you not out of pocket in the whole process!!

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Think the design is set in stone as it has to be approved by the boards.ie company?

Anyway, next gear order I'm in! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

The company is from Ireland,

Their supplier is from Poland, their padding is from Italy so I was told,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Just on Astra's point on the colour difference.

Cork24 went to a lot of trouble to ensure the match was as accurate as possible. If there is a variation it's down to the supplier.

Looks good in any case. :)

daragh_ wrote: »
    Cork24 went to a lot of trouble to ensure the match was as accurate as possible. If there is a variation it's down to the supplier.

Oh yeah, of course I am not blaming Cork (sorry if it sounded like that!). I was just making a point for future orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

Masala wrote: »
    Cork...as a matter of interest - who were the Supplier in this case???? Are they Italian??? Just trying to get a handle on sizes!!

Glad I went XL in Bib Shorts as I would say L would be a squeeze!!

For the next order...I think more Logos etc would be a good idea! That will not be your problem Cork anyway!! I like the 2-panel style and the 2 shades of black!!

Went out today for my 1st spin since ROK with the new shorts and thought the padding was good on them. The only problem is that the 'ar*e' sticks out a bit when off the bike but thats me being vain!!

Well done to you Cork for a highly efficient job.....pat yourself on the back!!!

I agree with earlier poster .... the next man to do this should be subsidised for free gear for himself OR herself brother ( in my Life of Brian accent). Hope you not out of pocket in the whole process!!

Agree 100% on the next organiser to have the cost of their gear covered for the hassle of organising it
    That's the way it's been done for years when ordering similar custom rowing gear.
    Once again I want to thank cork for all the effort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Picked up my gear yesterday from Lenny. Bibshorts fit perfectly, not sure of the massive chamois but I haven't cycled in them yet. jersey is fine too although the material isn't as nice as the shorts.

Cheers Cork and Lenny for sorting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

This is a bit after the fact, but picked up my jersey a few weeks ago from Lenny and took it out for a spin last weekend. (Had planned to sell it on but eventually decided to keep it).

In case anyone is ordering again - and it looks like someone has been press-ganged into it volunteered :pac:, here's another reference point for sizing from the current supplier. I am a 99cm chest and the Medium S/S fits me fine. Probably a couple of cm to spare, which I think lines up well with the sizing chart info.

Other comments - the jersey design looks good and has been admired already, however the material up close looks a bit cheap, and the zip is very flimsy and inclined to stick. Overall still very happy with it though.

Many thanks again to Cork for organizing the order and to Lenny for acting as the Dublin depo...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement