Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flood risk in the South and East, very heavy rain and strong winds, Tues - Fri

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

No wind/rain in Dublin yet , bright morning.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

nudger wrote: »
    No wind/rain in Dublin yet , bright morning.

Just posting the opposite! :D

Fresh NE breeze here/light rain has kicked off. 0.2mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Still not a drop in the sunny NW.:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Birdnuts wrote: »
    The latest 120hr MetO fax chart suggests a repeat performance for Sunday!!:eek:

If not a rainier (if that's a word? :)). GFS also has heavy rain from Sunday right through to Tuesday. Today and tomorrow may only be the event that wets the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Central pressure continues to drop, currently about 972 mbs near 50N 10W but system has three activity centres in a trough, one is just south of Wexford (about 978 mbs), the main centre and the old centre which is now a hang-back secondary near 49N 12W.

Due to height falls and a gradual phasing of upper and surface centres, I expect this set-up to continue to intensify moisture banding over southeast Ireland. It should rapidly increase in both wind speed and rainfall intensity now to 10h and then stay fairly steady-state rest of the day, with the rain shield edging north to about a Bangor to Claremorris line mid-day. This will then pivot to about Belfast to Westport later afternoon. Donegal and Derry as well as some parts of nearby counties will remain largely dry until late tonight or Thursday during which time the storm in general will be losing some of its intensity and the precip breaking up somewhat but with a sea effect banding structure developing across eastern Ireland.

Will be sticking with 30-60 mm storm totals and wind gusts to 60 mph in the forecast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Horrible winters morning in Waterford, feeling colder than 6c in strong wind. Current rainfall total is 8mm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭eimearos

Horrible winters morning in Waterford, feeling colder than 6c in strong wind. Current rainfall total is 8mm.
    Yeah I agree absolutely horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Came into work about a half hour ago and rain was starting to get heavy then - it's gonna be a looooong miserable day:(

Also just heard that a woman in her 20's has died in a crash on the Cork to Mallow road :-( - road conditions were probably a factor I would say. Very sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

Arklow so far: strongest gust 45mph Ne
    Moderate rain to 33mm/hr at times
    Total so far 9mm
    Vile

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Miserable enough in Dublin 15 with plenty of rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Miserable in Naas too , but Rain is mostly Light atm.

Winds gusting to 30 - 40 KMH.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Bucketing down in dun laoire. East pier under water ðŸ„

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Only very light rain in Dublin City Centre. Dark enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Very windy here atm with the odd spit of rain..very chilly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

eimearos wrote: »
    Yeah I agree absolutely horrible

Yep, it was very difficult to drag myself out of the bed. Colder than a witch's tit out there! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

tallaght is light enough rain so far but is kicking up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Still only light rain in Cork City near UCC. I hope it starts properly soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Heavy rain falling in Newcastle Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

It was cold but nice in Galway on the way in this morning. there's hazy sunshine and some hints of high cloud. It'll thicken up soon no doubt. There's a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

25/04/2012 09:00 7.5 °C 88 % 993.5 hPa 0.0 mm 4.7 km/h (1 Bft)

blue skies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Still only light rain in Cork City near UCC. I hope it starts properly soon!

you mean it hasn't already?

wind howling up here on the northside

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

The rain has stopped here now and its getting a little brighter. Rainfall so far since midnight 10.0mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    you mean it hasn't already?

wind howling up here on the northside

Nope. Just seems like a normal wet day down here!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The rain has stopped here now and its getting a little brighter. Rainfall so far since midnight 10.0mm.

Radar would agree :)

WEB_radar2_201204250945.png

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Shocking wind and rain here in Celbridge right now. The dogs football flew down the garden with the wind and he nearly lost his life :D
    I love a good storm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well is that it? Or will it the trailing edge come back around later?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Gorey has HOWLING wind and only light rain currently... my house is quite exposed and getting battered!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

heavish rain this morning in carlow rain now stopped and brightning up slightly from the south.... was that it :confused: or are we expecting some more

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The wind has ramped up here in Dublin CC in the last 30 minutes. Raining, but nothing spectacular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Winds have really picked up in Naas now, with a recent gust of 68 KMH.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement