Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiscal Treaty Megathread [Poll Reset]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I voted and voted no. For my own reasons. Know some more people who were also due to vote no. Know plenty more people who didn't bother to vote.

How arw the results turninf out. From reading the last page it seems as if the yes is running.

How can boards results be so wrong. And even in real life.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's rigged.

Of course the boards poll is rigged. Anyone with access to more than one email can rig it, and people who can't vote in real life can vote in it.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 20,554 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I voted and voted no. For my own reasons. Know some more people who were also due to vote no. Know plenty more people who didn't bother to vote.

How arw the results turninf out. From reading the last page it seems as if the yes is running.

Every poll on AH is way off the results in the real world. There was a poll a few months back asking who people would vote for if there was an election. Sinn Fein got 37% making it the biggest party in the country. In the Household Charge poll 70% are saying they have not paid, nothing like the real world. And this poll is saying 65% (excluding Cant/Wont vote) NO which again is way off.

The only reason I can think of is that there are place men from Sinn Fein, SWP etc on AH trying to influence public opinion against the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Scofflaw wrote: »
    We brought it on ourselves by voting for governments who told us that they were turning Ireland into a "world class financial services hub" by letting the banks do whatever they liked, whose only answer to problems was to throw more money at them, who let the civil service benchmark itself like they'd won the Lotto, and who encouraged with every instrument and media outlet at their disposal one of the sharpest property bubbles in history.

So it was Bertie that brought down the euro then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

AEDIC wrote: »
    Fights for the right to Democracy....complains about it when its demonstrated.... waddya know :rolleyes:

We don't have a true democracy.

Ok we're free to elect whatever parties we like but once their in power the whip system kills all democracy stone dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I think there are still one or two constituencies to come in with their results, but basically it will be passed with a 60% yes vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well online polls aren't reliable, the exit poll over in politics is now showing a Yes win and I wouldn't read a whole lot into that either.

I'd say in EU Referenda, especially this one, No side voters tend to be louder and more likely to say how they voted. Yes voters would be a bit like Maggie voters in the UK! ;)

A lot of yes voters from reading online voted yes rather unenthusiastically. That could explain it but yep, because the No side lost I'll go with your theory.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Bambi wrote: »
    So it was Bertie that brought down the euro then?

No, Ireland. The euro hasn't as yet been brought down - either that or the shops are terribly behind the times.

amused,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭twinytwo

I think there are still one or two constituencies to come in with their results, but basically it will be passed with a 60% yes vote.

do we get to vote again ???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Not sure if serious...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,066 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The only reason I can think of is that there are place men from Sinn Fein, SWP etc on AH trying to influence public opinion against the government.

Or perhaps they just happen to have non-affiliated supporters who tend to be more active online. :rolleyes:

Unless you can provide a shred of evidence to support your claim that shills are posting in threads such as this then your idea belongs under the same heading as those suggesting the referendum is rigged.

• Advertisement

Or perhaps they just happen to have non-affiliated supporters who tend to be more active online. :rolleyes:

Unless you can provide a shred of evidence to support your claim that shills are posting in threads such as this then your idea belongs under the same heading as those suggesting the referendum is rigged.

How do you explain the results in this poll then?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77357594

• Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭batistuta9

38 yes v 5 no

>60% yes overall

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

The classes are divided. The working class people have voted no or succumb to the realisation that the upper classes cannot be stopped, they will have 10 referendums to get what they want.

The upper classes are protected by FF/FG so to keep their paw in the creme they voted yes.

We can see by analysing voting patterns, the poorer areas in Ireland, border regions etc have had the lowest turn out/highest no votes.

While the the elites in Dun Laoghaire, certain areas in Cork city etc have the highest Yes votes.

It's all there in black and white, there is a class warfare in this country. I have never seen such wide gaps in opinion, possibly looking in history to the civil war.

The middle classes have either voted yes in fear/stupidity which is down to the government, or refrained from voting.

The brightest and best are in Australia, this province of Germany makes me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I don't think it was a problem in politics anyway, can only think of one shill who actively posted. Nothing stopping people setting up new accounts just to vote and we'd never notice them. Still, wouldn't say it was a significant problem this time.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Of course the boards poll is rigged. Anyone with access to more than one email can rig it, and people who can't vote in real life can vote in it.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

This response is so so funny. I actually meant the real life results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Why should they cut social welfare, when the CPA insulates so many from the recession?
    Do you think people who have worked, paid their contributions etc and now find themselves unemployed should be targeted?
    Cue the comparisons with NI/UK rates.......

BTW, there's certainly no austerity if your a government advisor or close to a minister.

They haven't cut the Jobseekers allowance, which has nothing to do with contributions. There no austerity for lots of people tbh, but there is plenty of moaning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

No, Ireland. The euro hasn't as yet been brought down - either that or the shops are terribly behind the times.

amused,
    Scofflaw

Merely a figure of speech, sorta like your p**y signs off :).

And Irelands downfall had nothing to do with the clown car that the single currency turned out to be, nor greeces, spains, italys, portugals etc etc. All their woes brought about solely by the fecklessness of individual governments as opposed to the catastrophic failure of the EU's strategy since Maastricht.

Sounds plausible alright. :confused:

Does Enda Kenny get his teaching wages/holiday pay and his salary as Taoiseach?

This country makes me sick, he'll be off to Canaries sunning it up laughing next week. Was only last week he told a self employed man on the street to "wash himself and get a job"

He's condescending in the extreme.

Are you saying the result of the referendum was rigged in order to get it passed? If so how was this done?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Bambi wrote: »
    Merely a figure of speech, sorta like your p**y signs off :).

And Irelands downfall had nothing to do with the clown car that the single currency turned out to be, nor greeces, spains, italys, portugals etc etc. All their woes brought about solely by the fecklessness of individual governments as opposed to the catastrophic failure of the EU's strategy since Maastricht.

Sounds plausible alright. :confused:

Yep we Irish are a great bunch of lads, and not feckless at all. Totally not our fault, was all coz of those pesky Germanz showering us with money we didn't want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

DB10 wrote: »
    The classes are divided. The working class people have voted no or succumb to the realisation that the upper classes cannot be stopped, they will have 10 referendums to get what they want.

The upper classes are protected by FF/FG so to keep their paw in the creme they voted yes.

We can see by analysing voting patterns, the poorer areas in Ireland, border regions etc have had the lowest turn out/highest no votes.

While the the elites in Dun Laoghaire, certain areas in Cork city etc have the highest Yes votes.

It's all there in black and white, there is a class warfare in this country. I have never seen such wide gaps in opinion, possibly looking in history to the civil war.

The middle classes have either voted yes in fear/stupidity which is down to the government, or refrained from voting.

The brightest and best are in Australia, this province of Germany makes me sick.

This is are brightest and best? :pac:

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Out-of-control-drinking-from-Irish-causing-problems-in-Sydney-81124892.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,066 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

How do you explain the results in this poll then?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77357594

I dunno, selection bias? I don't think it really needs an explanation. Some parties just happen to have been voted for more than others. I'm not saying that there aren't any re-reg's or 'ballot stuffers' voting in these sort of polls, I just think it's a stretch to accuse the parties themselves of being behind it.

They dont need the hassle of rigging the election.

They didnt need to rig Lisbon they just done it until they got their result, sure they would have done the same this time Bruton admitted it. Democracy my hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

tuppin' elites - to blame for everythin' says I!

You've just linked a near 3 years old article.

These days the graduates are leaving.

The only voters are pensioners to keep their money, they have paid transport to vote from FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Are you suggested that the referendum vote was rigged? Be careful thats a very serious accusation to be making.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Which is why Ireland will never have compulsory voting, the current set up suits the minority far too much for that ever to be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

gerryo777 wrote: »
    BTW, there's certainly no austerity if your a government advisor or close to a minister.

Have to take exception to this. There certainly is austerity for me, and I'm close to a Minister.

Have to take exception to this. There certainly is austerity for me, and I'm close to a Minister.

He doesn't mean brown nosing them!

• Advertisement

Which is why Ireland will never have compulsory voting, the current set up suits the minority far too much for that ever to be an option.

If every single person was forced to vote it would probably have been a no vote.

Advertisement