Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due October 2012

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

seamus wrote: »
    Rather bizarre getting a list of things from the midwife not to do, to avoid bringing on labour.

Funny :D I found out baby's head was engaged at 36wks so i'm already trying all the things to bring it on so any tips welcome, all i remember from last time was the hilarious attempts to jump my husband at 40+ wks :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Sorry I've been quiet the last few days ..... no surprises why! :D Baby Clodagh was born 11.45pm on Sunday night.

I had another round of BP spiking and pukes with blood in the small hours of Sat night and was admitted via the ER. Sunday I went for induction, waters broken at 5pm and then started on the Oxy drip at 7pm and with all sorts of surprise (aka a 4min second stage!) she made her arrival. She's tiiiiiiny. We'd been told she'd be >3.5kg but she's actually only 2.69 or 6lbs on the button. All the 0-3mth clothes are too big and himself has been scrambling to bring me the few newborn bits we have that our other two never really wore because they were too small! Everyone is surprised at how small she is, but she's strong and alert and feeding like a living hunger!

We're just home this afternoon and in the process of settling in now. No1&2 are all delighted with her and so far they want to be near to her as possible. I'm resting up and getting ready for the waves of visitors - and enjoying having my body back again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cfit

Yeh congrats kg! Was hoping that's why you'd gone quite. Clodagh is a lovely name she sounds adorable!

My OH is definately nesting but its good to see. At the moment he's out in the hallway singing away to himself whilst yeildin a paint brush so so long as he's happy I'll let him be.

Seamus mad to b hearing how to avoid labour :) but im sure LL will be great beat of luck in Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Lac21

Woo hoo!! Congratulations KG. So happy for you! Hope you are getting some rest. Love the name ;-) Is she sleeping well? (as well as you can expect at this stage anyhow) You're probably inundated with visitors. I love the ones who come with home cooked food, they're always welcome.

I'm at home again. Platelet count down to 50. Booked in tentatively for induction next Wednesday. Same day as you Seamus I think. They will have Hemotologist and blood transfusion on stand by. Probably can't have epidural. I'm in panic mode now. Thinking about getting windows cleaned etc. :-))

Also don't want to go into labour myself before then. Any tips? Definitely no jumping on himself anyway I presume!! No bouncing on gym ball, spicy food.......

Congrats KG very exciting beautiful name. Did ye know it was a girl? Sorry i can't remember :o

So it's finally all kicking off on the Oct thread. Sounds like it'll be Seamus and Lac next week so. Lac fingers Xed nothing will happen naturally before then - when are you actually due?

• Advertisement

Yep we knew from the 20wk scan it was a girl, himself has noooo patience and when I told him we were pregnant it was his immediate demand to know asap! I also had my own 'spidey sense' about 8wks that it was a girl again and abruptly out of the blue also felt at the same time she was meant to be Clodagh, suits her perfect thankfully :) She's a full head of black hair, already a bit of curl in it and tiny wee dimples, she's like a mini of me XD She's a super feeder though is tending to be a puker so far, so most of last night was trying to keep her asleep and keep the feed insider her, Colostrum is so small in volume I hate to see any of it coming back up. So not much sleep for me but at least being in my own bed was lovely and I could lie .... on my back!! YESS!! hehehe its the small things. Kept the detail of being home yesterday limited to immediate family so I'll go 'public' today as being ready for visits.

So one week left for Lac & Mrs Seamus? Hope all holds well till the time comes. Its nice that we're hitting our stride now with the Oct Bumps :)

@Lac stay resting and don't worry you'll be grand, second delivery is always easier. My epi totally failed this time and I'm allergic to aspirin/ibuprofen so there's no pethadine for me, just gas. Before the epi could be reseated she abruptly presented and the first we knew was when I was yelling 'thats it I'm pushing NOW!' I was scared but honestly it was very sort of empowering to actually feel her delivery and it helped me feel more in control than when I had the epi before. The pain with the pushing didn't feel like pain it was more like powerful urges, it was only the contractions for stage one that were fecking sore. You've a lot to juggle emotionally with the platelets issue so don't worry too much over the epi, there are some positives to not having one - not that I'd have said so this time last week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

We have just under a week to go now, next Tues is the due date, this week is just dragging.

I keep checking my phone and excited to see a "come home now!" text or missed call, but quickly let down when there is no message and I have to stay in work haha!

Lots of babies next week so, it looks like!
    Thanks for words of encouragement KG. I keep reminding myself that I went through most of the labour without epi last time. I changed my mind at the last chance to get it.
    Clodagh sounds just beautiful. The puking thing is hard. I know what you mean about the colostrum. Every drop is a bonus.
    I must root out some of my muslin squares. Spit ups down the back are always the tell tale sign of new parents!

I'm due 30th October Ariana, so will be 13 days early being induced. Scan yesterday with obstetrician put babies weight at 7lb 13 oz already. I not going with that though. I was told 6 lb at 34 wks and scan in the hospital next day showed 5lb.

Lac21 wrote: »
    I'm due 30th October Ariana, so will be 13 days early being induced. Scan yesterday with obstetrician put babies weight at 7lb 13 oz already. I not going with that though. I was told 6 lb at 34 wks and scan in the hospital next day showed 5lb.

Midwives have told me to expect an 8lber. But that doesn't surprise me, i feel huge :o

Kg Clodagh sounds like a beauty. Isn't it great that your girls are so excited. I have a feeling my boy is in for a shock, i'm dreading the adjustment period :eek:

beefjerky fingers crossed you won't be waiting much longer for that call :)

oh the pressure, i don't remember this from last time :confused: i can't get comfortable anywhere and especially not at an office desk.

Lac you will be fine this time w/o epi, i'd say the idea of not having is worse than if they sprung it on you at the last minute but i'm sure you'll cope. I'm hoping to manage without it this time that's the plan but of course there's a saying about best laid plans so i'll keep an open mind ;)

• Advertisement

Hello Oct bumps how is everyone doing and baby Clodagh of course hope your being good for your mammy :D

All good here. Taught yesterday id have baby this weekend had back pain all day which slowly turned to strong contractions by 6pm yday eve they got to ten mins apart and at about 10.30pm last night everything just stopped :[ no back pain no more contractions felt as if I'd imagined the pains all day!!!

was at doc yday she thinks it will be really soon she got really excited;)

Oh and I've ended up on antibiotics for tonsilitis!!!! Imagine no illness throughout he whole pregnancy and fall at the last hurdle haha....

Regards epidural Lac I've been talking to a few mums who haven't taken it recently (most just got to use gas and air) and they said it wasn't as bad as they taught it would be one went so far as to say it was a lovely experience. So no bother to you ;-)

Good luck everyone we're all nearly there x

Thanks cfit, that's really good to hear. Think I've made my peace with it now. Been reading up on alternatives. Hope you go soon, sounds like you will.
    I'm going to hospital on Monday for bloods and possible transfusion. ( hopefully not! )
    Then admission Tuesday afternoon. Going to be given the gels tuesday at 6pm. Then we'll see how long it takes. Just hoping I don't have to go before that. I don't feel anything really though, just pressure below.
    Going to spend the day cleaning and setting up buggy etc. Have a few family members coming to help so will have nice dinner etc tonight.

Hope Clodagh doing well KG?
    and all other October bumps?? :-)

She's doing great, we hit the jackpot with a calm laid back baby, wooohooo :D Feeding is going well, we'll do one before midnight then one in the small hours when she wakes and one around the time the other two are awake and looking for breakfast, so far its fairly smooth going, unless she decides after the ~3am feed that she wants to wake up and be alert and engaged with. We're feeding on demand and she's already putting weight on again so its working well.

Having some laughs at how small she is though, we had the smallest size in Avent soothers but the little teeth part is too big for her wee mouth, so we went looking for smaller and bought some Tommee ones thinking it'll be more comfortable for her. Only problem is the whole rest of the soother is too big and when she tries to suck on it, it squishes her nose! We were in bits laughing at her stunned face each time she sucked and her nose was pressed down 3-4 sucks and she look disgusted and spat it out :D

Himself was also acting up this morning - as only Daddies can do! She's like 1/3rd the size of the Quinny pram when she's lying in it, so he went and put her into no2's little Disney Princess baby doll pram for the laugh, and she's the perfect size of it! Both girls thought it was the business with no1 marching up and down the hallway pushing the tiny pink buggy and Clodagh in there happy as anything looking around.

Lac best of luck today/tomorrow. Hope you don't need the transfusion and hope the induction goes well. Very exciting that there's def going to be another Oct baby this week.

Seamus g'luck to you and to your missus on Wednesday as well, keep us informed!

cfit anything since?? Sounds like this could be a busy week for Oct mums/dads.

I'm finishing work this week, can't wait. Girl in Tesco just said to me - "you can't have long left" - so i suppose i look as big as i feel then :D

Kg you're making me jealous but i'm delighted for you, i hope all the oct babies slot into our little families as easily as yours has :)

Thanks ariana. Got on well today. Count didn't drop below 50 so no transfusion necessary. So relieved.
    I'd say you can't wait to finish work. I know what you mean about the comments. I was out for a walk yesterday and two teenagers who live nearby passed me. I heard one of them saying 'I can't believe she's STILL pregnant!'

Just at home now. Doing last bits and pieces. Feel a bit emotional, our last evening as a family of 3. Little fella is very excited especially about getting a present from the baby :-)
    He's 5, so I hope he reacts well to new baba. He's been king of the castle for a long time now!

Best of luck to everyone else this week. Hope we'll have some announcements soon!!

I'll be thinking of you all this week and keeping my fingers crossed for the little Oct minis, can't wait for the updates . Hurry up and come join me and Clodagh in the snuggly newborn phase :D

Thinking of all the October mums & dads to be - hope sections and inductions have gone well and there's some lovely baby news soon xx

Nothing stirring here. Appointment yesterday and babs is a bit lower than it was 2 wks ago but i could have told them that :) Back on my due date for a sweep if i want it.

Hey all :D

You've guessed it we have an october baby.

harry was born on Monday 15 @ 5:15am no complications took some pethadine to try sleep and the rest gas and air and pure determination to get my bambino out!

Just out of hospital yday as he had slight jaundice and needed to go under the lights forn12 hours. As im feeding myelf I had to with him well a room on the Special Care Baby Unit until now.

He is a joy of a child no trouble with him latching on etc im so glad im feeding myself as far as the actual birth goes it was a wonderful experience pain beyond my wildest taughts but so worht it.
    im rambling now :) im not even going to reread.

The rest of U bumps hope all c sections sweeps transfusions all go well. And girls please try stick the pain breath its so worth feeling that transition in the end!!!!!!!

Hope to hear.loads of good news and stories soon. My taughts are with U all.

Claire and Harry x

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Baby girl was born on Wenesday by C-section and my heads been spinning since. :D

She was a little stunned when she came out and gave us a bit of a fright, but jaysus she's letting us know her lungs are fine now :D

I don't think it's possible to really warn people what night two and day three are like, but we're over that hump now and there are both smiles and full nappies everywhere.

We are four days over now, the waiting game is such a drag!!

Congrats to you seamus and cfit!

• Advertisement

Congrats cfit & seamus, whoopee Oct babies are really coming now! I wonder how Lac is doing? Beefjerky hang in there, waiting is hard but you & the misses will have baby in your arms soon x

YAY! :D So happy there's more Oct babies now. Congrats to the parental units and welcome to the world little ones, its nice that Clodagh isn't the only one anymore. We're still in that loved bombed stage even after almost 2 wks and despite her being our 3rd, its still as wonderful and emotional as the first time and we're delighting in getting to know her better and absolutely madly in love with her.

@Claire, you sound so happy in your post its so lovely to read, delighted you had a complication free delivery and I really like Harry, such a nice name choice.

@Seamus congrats on your daughter, it really is shocking how they utterly take over your life, the only word I've ever found that came even close to describing those first days and nights is 'Relentless'. It goes in a blur and in the end all you'll remember is the love :)

@Beefjerky - hang on in there, you'll get that text to come home quick very soon, savour your sleep while you have it!

Congratulations cfit & Seamus! Love the name Harry cfit, suits cute little boys.

Baby girl Ava born Wednesday evening for us. So delighted. She's a beauty. Went into labour myself while waiting to be induced early Wednesday morning. All went well without epidural, although I did bite the tube off the gas and air pump and advised the midwife to break up with her boyfriend because I didn't like the sound of him!!!!

Things took a turn for the worse a few hours later. Both our platelet counts fell. Thankfully baby's began to recover next day. Mine crashed below 20 though. Been hooked up to IV drugs since. Thankfully baby beside me and have lots of family help. Will give proper update soon. In spite of all the trauma, I'm very hopeful of good results soon and we'll be making our way home :-)

Hope all remaining bumps are well and might have some news soon beef jerky!!
    X

I'm not sure if we were the last but I forgot to post here!

Baby girl born on the 25th October, we all delighted and having a great time, getting used to each other and loving it.

Every day is different and exciting, both baby and mam are doing really well, no problems at all.

Amazing how quick you get used to just a few hours sleep a night, probably applies more to the dad's as I slept pretty well throughout the pregnancy haha!

Hope everyone is doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

I never updated here with our news! Oops!
    We welcomed our baby girl into the world on the 26th of October!
    I agree beefjerky it's mad how you adjust to no sleep haha! :) I havent slept for longer thn 2 hours in a row since the day before I went into labour.

Birth didn't go at all as I had planned but it was all worth it in the end.
    Went into labour myself and after 11 hours labour, 1 hour pushing I had to have a vacuum assisted delivery with episiotomy and ended up with a 3rd degree tear. Healing has been tough and there's still a lot of pain but I can feel that I'm getting better.

Advertisement