Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due October 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Hey Ladies, great checking in to see we're all in reasonably good shape :)

I'd another morning/afternoon of the crazy BHs, got really bad on the school run and I didn't think I'd make it back to the car from the classroom :o Thankfully my Mum came to the rescue, took no1 for the afternoon and handled the pick up of no2 from the naoinra so that I could go straight to bed, as being on my feet made them stronger and closer together - himself thought we were go but thankfully not. 36wks this weekend so I can relax a lot more about delivering as the days tick past. (Till the actual labour kicks in for real :P)

@Lac

Delighted to hear your wee passenger has gone back in position again, must be a relief! Keep the feet up and rest while you can, in the circumstances finishing work now is fantastic for you.

@ Ariana

Yep I did have Pre-Eclampsia on the other two, the first one I'd a particularly severe episode that was scary but very late in the pregnancy at least. Second was in danger of arriving ~28wks but thankfully we kept her in and got to 37+ a few. I spent more of the 3rd trimester admitted in the hosp than I did at home which was tough as they are only 13mths apart and I was broken hearted missing no1. I'll never forget the pure joy I felt being released in time for her first Birthday to be home there on the morning with her when she woke up, they'd great laugh at me in the ward that time :) massive bump ready to pop and bawling for my baby's first birthday.

This time round I've been medicated from early on and have had lots of day care but only one actual admission - a record for me! I've been monitored really closely all the way through and its been better than I hoped, though they have told me in the hosp that the reality is more 'when' it happens as opposed to 'if' it will happen, but I'm all coached on symptoms, thresholds and managing it - I'm an armchair expert by now :D I've a BP monitor here at home too and the first sign of high BP symptoms its straight to bed and checking it closely with an overnight bag always on standby for an ER trip - Thank God we haven't needed it so far! I've an appointment on Tuesday so I plan asking about baby's position how soon I can get a sweep done.

On the other two it complicated the deliveries a lot, I had the Epi both times on their recommendation as it lowers BP I had like 180/110 and crazy stuff like that during labour, usually the drip given with the Epi has a drug to counteract the BP drop it causes so they just leave me without that. It also caused crazy haemorrhage I mentioned earlier in the thread, but that didn't happen at all on the second. I'm hoping the safer pregnancy this time around might be a good indicator for a smoother delivery too :p

Also I might have have bought the non-bio days ago ... but I still haven't washed a stitch yet :o But hey its all there so I'm not too worried. What a change to how I was first time round!

Also .... I think I smiley too much in posting here. That last post of mine looks like something my kids have taken their crayons too. Oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Lac21

My goodness, KG. I didn't realise you had been through so much with the pre eclampsia. You must be so relieved to get to 36 weeks. It must have been so difficult leaving baby #1 at home while being in hospital with #2. I found the two nights I spent in hospital very hard but at least my little fella is well able to manage. Although, it did rattle him a little. Last Wednesday evening I went out for a meal with a few friends and hubby had a hard enough time with him. He got upset saying he didn't want me to be in hospital again. Since I'm due October 30th, I'm hoping baby will come then as its the mid term break week!!
    I won't be going over as last time I was 12 days overdue and ds had swallowed some of the meconium which led him to get an infection. We had an awful first week :-(

My gynae has promised to take me in around due date this time. I figure if ds is off school, he won't be as anxious with me not around.

Btw, KG, I love the smileys!! I can't do them on the phone.

37wks and counting :D

Hows all in our quiet little Oct thread? I'm wrecked at this stage, but thankfully the BP is mostly behaving itself. Won't be long left for me now, 37wks is when I had the big pre-eclamptic episode on no1 and also when I delivered no2 (following a sweep done as an interim while waiting for induction a few days later, 12hrs after the sweep I was in the delivery suite!). The family wedding is coming up on Saturday and my little pair are hyper with excitment, practised their flower girl walking in the church last night so we should be all set for them at least - have to just be patient and see if I can make it on the day or if the baby and/or BP have other ideas ;)

I'll be getting a sweep done at my next hospital visit (made the Dr promise me and write it in BIG caps letters on the chart :p ) I'll be 38+2 then so I hope it'll works as well as the last time, otherwise it'll be induction as they have said I can't go much longer with the risks. Still we're full term now, so I'm happy :)

@Lac - how is all with you and the little man? Has he settled down again for you?

EDIT:

Just been thinking about the Oct thread and how quiet it is, and I was wondering is it all down to the time of conception that there is so few of us. January post Christmas/NewYear blues - was nobody else getting a ride? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cfit

EDIT:

Just been thinking about the Oct thread and how quiet it is, and I was wondering is it all down to the time of conception that there is so few of us. January post Christmas/NewYear blues - was nobody else getting a ride? :D[/Quote]

You made me laugh so much at this!! Amazing how quiet this forum is! Been busy tyingn to get house in order the last couple of weeks. Nearly there and wud want to b as 37 weeks on Wed.

Baby had turned breech a couple of wk ago but by using birthing ball and practically hanging myself upside down 3times a day bubba thankfully is back in proper position this week!!!!

had antenatal class sat only 4 other couples there. and I was furthest along so maybe there just isn't many more October babies around!

gettng so uncomfortable now. Pains in groin area are excruciating at night especially find it difficult to move around. And the tiredness has kicked in big time again but other than that all still going great....

Kg I hope your sweep goes well. How do you find a sweep anyway. I have been told they are extremly uncomfortable and to not bother unless necessary?????

Hope everyone else is good.... X

• Advertisement

I hear you on the groin pain Cfit, my hips are banjaxed and ache mornings and evenings and if I walk too long. I kinda love the idea of a zimmer frame atm :D

The sweep is in all honestly not a very nice experience, (esp if you are unfortunate like I was on no1 and get a huuuuuge Dr with shovels for hands!) but its over very quick though there is some discomfort afterwards, but honestly I'm happy to endure the poking in there before resorting to a chemical induction. It worked so brilliantly for me on no2 that I was leaving the hospital around noon afterwards, already feeling crampy and as I said shortly after midnight we were back in again and I was straight to a delivery suite as we were already <2mins apart and she was born before 4am. It just gave that little acceleration towards labour in a natural way, so yeah I'm happy enough to ask for it this time!

It'll be interesting to see now when the time comes if there is a wider trend in less Oct babies, perhaps the post natal wards wont be so busy in the hosp if we're lucky!

Ha ha, KG, definitely must be the reason the October thread is so quiet!! Only a few of us were lucky :-)
    Little man has settled again. Not as clingy to me and hasn't mentioned hospital since.
    Hope all goes well on Saturday. Signs are good for you, bp wise but I know things can change suddenly. Your little girls must be so excited. Great they have eachother to walk up the aisle with.

I'm 35 wks today. Starting to really feel it now, especially the groin pain. Am trying hard to get iron levels up. Hoping my blood count will be better this week.

Cfit, I had a sweep on my first. Doctor was a tiny lady. That definitely must make a difference. It felt just like a smear test. I wasn't uncomfortable at all. I had it on a Friday morning. Nothing happened until that night. I noticed light brown discharge. That continued over the weekend. Late Sunday night, I passed the mucous plug and woke up with mild enough pain on Monday morning. Baby didn't come until Tuesday but at least I had been spared a chemical induction. I was 12 days over at that point. I would definitely have one again if necessary.

Thanks for reply on sweeps girls :) just midwife mentioned the other day about offering them on due date was wondering of worth it or wait until overterm more.

Fingers crossed for blood count Lac.. The things us women go through bit I tell you I cannot wait for the end result :D finally washed all baby gros etc today and just can't wait to b holding bubba in mu arms!!

Sooooooo tired today.

Hours of aches and soreness and BHs from yesterday afternoon all through the evening, but I couldn't sit still I was either pacing or trying to do things like sweeping the floor, disinfecting the kitchen surfaces or other mad stuff like that. Felt like such an eejit when I realised its some hyper nesting/cleaning instinct and finally listened to hubby and went up to bed to rest (silly me over did it and the BP shot up and I got swollen fingers and ankles :( )

So I woke up at 2.15am proper contractions, but gentle in terms of pain. Woke hubby after an hour of them being steadily 5 mins apart and so we spent a few hours in the middle of the night drinking tea, checking and repacking the hospital bags while waiting. By 5.30 they were still 4-5mins and no stronger, with no show or anything so I told him to go back asleep (which he managed in like under 2mins!) and decided I'd try to sleep too. I nodded off some time around 6am and nearly cried then when no2 woke up at 7am and came in looking for her breakfast. I'M TOO TIRED!!!

Himself took no1 to school and brought no2 around to my brother and headed off into work so I'm in bed exhausted but too strung out to sleep and still having contractions but nothing else going on, no increase in frequency or intensity. I'm too wrecked at this point to even get up on the gym ball - no idea if I'll actually have the energy to manage a delivery if things do pick up!

37+5 today and this wedding is tomorrow. I'm proper F-ked! :p

Hope you have been ok since KG?
    Hard to know whether you will progress to labour or not. You must be exhausted!!
    Wedding tomorrow.... At least your girls have practised etc but I know you would love to see them in action.

I'm back in hospital myself. Waiting to see a doctor. GP rang me to say platelet count has dropped to 66. He said to come straight in to be assessed. I've no idea what's going to happen now. Sitting in a packed, stuffy little waiting room. Always amazes me that some women can wrack up a whole entourage to come into hospital with them :-). I feel very lonely on my own!! Told himself to stay at work though and collect little fella from school. Try and keep things as normal as possible.

• Advertisement

Aw Lac :(

I'll send you e-support which of course is nowhere near as good as having someone sit beside you, but at least you've got some long range good will coming your way. Hope things work out alright and there's no big danger to you and baby with your count dropping so low - I'll be having my fingers crossed for you so be sure and give us an update when you have a chance.

I managed to fall asleep eventually before lunchtime, a good 2hrs which perked me up thankfully. Contractions are gone completely irregular now so I'm up and on the gym ball atm, going to pop out shortly with my sister for some last minute pick ups down the shopping centre before tomorrow. Perhaps a bit of waddling around will help me.

TBH I need to go shopping to sort things out as I'm all :mad: that the Bride hasn't provided what the girls need for tomorrow and she seemingly has no intention of it either. I'm done with stressing over it so I've no choice now at the 11th hour to get out of bed and go do it myself (it seems she's not only not bothering to provide the basics for my two, she's also not paying for the incurred costs for her bridal party at all and its causing untold bad feeling among the family, I've never seen a wedding where the bride has pissed off SO many people in the build up!) Hubby was close on calling off our girls involvement in principle, but the girls are too excited so that it wouldn't be fair. So I've already had to pay for the shoes she chose for them (even though she was in the shop with my sister, she left my sis paying and I felt so bad I insisted on repaying the cost) almost e50 for shoes that are not at all re-wearable & will end up in the costume box for dress up games, I'm going out now to buy them cardigans, hair accessories & tights.

To round it off, recent phone calls have made me feel the children are not actually welcome at the reception and there was awkward silence when I said their grandparents would be picking them up after the meal, quickly then covered up with a too rapid reply that 'of COURSE' there was arrangements for them at dinner that to me at least sounded hollow. (There was attempts to have them put in a room at the church during the ceremony to be out of the way too!) In the end now the children will be collected before dinner as I just feel far too uncomfortable, that my beautiful little girls are merely being used for show for her Wedding Album and at MY expense in a month where we've had first year at school costs and for preparing for the new baby too. :mad: Seriously don't need this, and our whole extended family is in snarls of anger about similarly being taken advantage of in regards to this wedding. I'd be happy now if baby came tomorrow, apparently among my cousins we're the hold out hope for someone deflating the bride's selfishness by stealing her thunder and having the baby :P

To add insult to injury - the bride was one of MY Bridesmaids and I provided absolutely everything required bar her knickers and bra and it didn't cost her one cent! So its not like she doesn't know that her bridal party should not be left out of pocket. Some people eh?

Gosh KG, sounds like a lot of stress to be dealing with. I have heard of more brides recently not paying bridal party costs. It amazes me. I know I definitely paid everything for my two bridesmaids and flower girl, bar the underwear! I looked after Shoes, accessories, hair, make up etc. I've been bridesmaid twice myself and never had to pay the costs.
    I hope your two don't feel left out tomorrow. My friend's husband is a wedding photographer and sees exactly what goes on in regard to having cute kids for the photographs. No doubt, though, they will be more excited about the church part. Wonder will you have the baby?? Keep us posted. Best of luck!

I'm just waiting to be collected from hospital. I've good news. Haemotology dept. examined my blood samples. They were baffled that I had no symptoms such as vaginal bleeding or bleeding gums etc. I have no bruising which they would expect with a level of 66. Anyway it turns out my platelets are clumping together. So 4/5 are being counted as one. Happens very rarely apparently but it's no danger to me or baby. They are going to monitor me each week now though. Also, haemotologist warned me that some doctors will not take the clumping on board and may refuse an epidural when the time comes. She said she will write a note in my chart. Will have to wait and see. I'm off into town now for a meal out with the girls. Im exhausted, have no makeup on. My arms are covered in plasters but I feel I need it. I'll hide in a dark corner somewhere. So relieved!!

YAY good news Lac! Delighted the outlook isn't quite so grim, fingers crossed you'll be able to have the epi if you need it.

No baby yet, looks like we might end up waiting till the sweep on Tuesday, maybe it will actually be an Oct baby after all - we've been sure that I'd have gone by now and it'd be a Sept one. Another crappy night with no sleep (total wtf moment of puking blood about 3am :s I swear my body does weird stuff when knocked up!) but the excitement of the children this morning is getting contagious so time to get them out of the bath and get cracking on for preparing them.

I'd best get moving - these legs aren't going to de-hair themselves and given the size of the bump its going to take a while :D

Hey kg hope the wedding was a success yesterday :D

It was long, tiring, stressful in parts but also at times very lovely :)

My little darlings looked adorable and were exceptionally well behaved, the 3yr old was very nervous walking up the aisle but she held tight to her sisters hand (4yr old) and they melted every heart in the church, I was all teary eyed and so proud of them! They were beautifully behaved through the entire ceremony (all fecking TWO hours of it, longest wedding ever!) and posed patiently and cute for all the photos. Honestly for two such tiny people I couldn't have asked more of them. Though there was a few lols when the 4yo asked me in the quiet before communion in that loud whisper kids do in church 'Mammy will everybody get to have a chameleon and will ALL of them be different colours?' She also very seriously warned me not to drink what the priest had in the golden cup as was probably horrible :p The 3yo nearly lost her mind when she saw my brother about to do his prayer of the faithful (he's her big hero and the Jedi to her Padawan) she stood on the pew and was waving like a loon, he really struggled to keep a straight face :D

As for our no3 and long standing member of the 'Occupy Womb' movement, well whether it was the baby or fate that decided the wedding dinner and speeches would be a great time to start into another few hours of regular contractions :s I knew again it was only a long session of BHs as like the others there was no increase in intensity and still no show - of course it went around the room like wildfire among the family tables and my aunts and cousins came tracking me down or sending my sisters to tell me to get a move on and have the baby on the night, so we quietly slipped away and came home to bed. There was big disappointment that we didn't provide a thunder stealing baby!

So tomorrow is hospital appointment for me and all going to plan, the much demanded sweep :p 38wks now which is thankfully further than I ever expected to be, but at this stage I'm constantly on edge and the blood pressure monitor needs new batteries again as the slightest thing and I'm anxiously checking it and fearing going pre-eclamptic :s

So how's all the other bumps now that Oct is here at last?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

Kg your girls sounds like a pair of angels, you have every right to be a real proud mamma! Hope you make progress tomorrow but isn't it great to have got this far without the pre-eclampsia, baby is well hardy now. G'luck with the appointment & sweep tomorrow x

So excited that it's our month finally. Even though i'm not due 'til the end of the month so i still have some waiting to do. Getting really really tired now, i'm finding everything harder every day, i can't get comfortable except sitting on the ball. I'm tempted to start bringing it into work!

How's everyone else coping?

Hi everyone,

Our month is finally here!! Wonder who will have the first October baby?
    Feeling really uncomfortable. Going to the loo every five minutes and have that pressure feeling when I'm walking around.
    I'm just out of the maternity, getting my bloods checked again. I'm on first name terms with the senior phlebotomist in there now!! Will have results later when I go see my consultant. I'm just looking for reassurance that I can have epidural if I need it. All depends on my results over next few weeks.

Good luck today KG, hope sweep works well for you. I'd say you might have the first birth announcement on here :-). Glad wedding went well and you got to see your girls in all their glory.

Sweep all done - wonderful Dr and it really wasn't at all bad, over quick and with minimal poking and pain, baby didn't like it though and I'm convinced was trying to climb back up into my lungs somewhere :p

Bleeding and cramps since so I'm on the exercise ball bouncing, squatting hula-hooping and doing all I can to try ramp this up to regular contractions. Not only do I want baby NOW to finally let go of the fear of going PE, but I really don't want to have the chemical induction. All fingers crossed for me ladies, I'm hoping this works out overnight.

(I hope to f-k I've not jinxed myself now!)

Have everything crossed for you KG!!
    Sounds like things are happening. So exciting!! Will be checking in to see how things progress over the next 24 hrs :-))

G'luck KG, hope you have news for us soon :-)

• Advertisement

All gone quiet :( I'm so disappointed. Honestly if you had of seen the antics of me last night trying everything I could to encourage proper labour - I wouldn't even mention half of it here >.< Dr said it could take time but if nothing by Thurs am then it means the sweep didn't work - I had myself all convinced it'd be like last time and I'd be in labour in a matter of hours. Still getting discharge of the plug overnight and this morning, so I'm going to try drum up a family member to come out shopping with me, hopefully as much walking as I can manage and taking my mind off it might help.

So word of warning - avoid Blanch shopping centre for fear of a frustrated heavily pregnant woman ;)

Have a curry while you're out & buy a few pineapples! Keeping fingers & toes crossed for you xx

I did buy pineapple, but himself laughed as I was stacking up the trolley and said it takes the equiv of 8 pineapples to get enough of the natural chemical in them to trigger labour and that stage apparently you have already had a dose of the runs which is also just as likely to create the same effect it on its own - I have to admit as much as I adore him he got the stink eye off me while I unpacked the majority of it back out of the trolley :p

Been out for about two hours walking which has me wrecked but no fresh contractions yet, but I did get some nice nursing bras and PJs so it wasn't a total loss. Going to text himself now and request he comes home from work with a curry and already in a fit state to 'perform' for me :p The poor man is so patiently doing all he can to look after me and each time he says 'Can I do anything for you/can I get you anything?' I reply with 'What's the chances of a ride?' and lately the usual eager face has been replaced with one of tired resignation :D He's really hoping baby comes soon too!

Hang in there KG! No one could accuse you of not being dedicated to the cause ;-)
    Hope contractions start soon.

KGLady wrote: »
    Going to text himself now and request he comes home from work with a curry and already in a fit state to 'perform' for me :p The poor man is so patiently doing all he can to look after me and each time he says 'Can I do anything for you/can I get you anything?' I reply with 'What's the chances of a ride?' and lately the usual eager face has been replaced with one of tired resignation :D He's really hoping baby comes soon too!

He got you pregnant, it's his duty to help get you un-pregnant :D

I have my hubby warned already, he has another couple of wks of peace before i start making making demands :D

Still no baby, so the sweep was not successful, I bawled like a kid who was just told there's no santa when I had to accept it was a bust :( So I'm resting as much as I can and trying not to over think the BP/Pre-eclampsia stuff as anxiety does me no favours! Thought we were all go again last night, the contractions were intense and my whole womb ached with each one (which at this stage feels like most of my body!) and I went into that really internal sort of headspace where its like the rest of the world fades out into background noise. But it all came skidding to a rapid halt, suddenly the pain stopped and I felt like I'd woken up back into the real world again.

Back to the hosp again in a couple of days and they will book me for induction and sweep me again while there. In the interim its going to be a weekend on the gymball, doses of EPO (both up and down, going for broke here!) and trying to entice himself to dance the hippo hokey pokey with me. I gave up on the spicy food - the heartburn is killer and I'm soooo sick of galviscon :p

How's all our other bumps doing?

Aw sorry it didn't work KG, hope the next one does!! I was sure you would have news yesterday

I had my first serious sleep in this morning. Little fella gone off to a party with himself. They're not back until 3 so I didn't roll (literally) out of bed till 12. Then had a really long shower, tried to get myself tidied up. Just in case I end up going in the next few days.

Bad news on my blood count, platelets have dropped again so my consultant is not 100% happy with the hemotologist's theory about them clumping together. Back into the hospital on Monday and they will take it from there. I was told by someone who knows someone....... that eating tinned peaches in natural juice can improve count. Probably rubbish but I'm doing it just to feel I'm doing something!! It's so frustrating. Sorry to sound like a moaning Minnie :-)

How is everyone else doing?

Any October babies yet??? We've all gone real quite here again!

A friend of mine had a baby girl yday in England!

I'm trying to chill and enjoy my maternity leave but my poor partner has gone into over drive decorating the house no less!!!# I can't stop him and with only 8 days till official due date he'd want to get a move on!

I'm getting a serious amount of Braxton hicks in the evenings they are getting stronger each day! Other than that feel good and doing good.

Hope everyone else is well x

I don't finish work for another week and another 3 weeks until due date so it still feels like ages away :( i'll probably have a november baby :rolleyes:

cfit it sounds like your other half is nesting :D

Lac how did you get on in hospital on Monday? I hope you're ok.

Kg did you get a date for induction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

38 week scan this morning and baby is still breech, stubborn like her parents, so we're fully committed to the idea that there'll be no reprieve from a CS next Wednesday morning. Crossing fingers that she's first in theatre and they put her in a private room for the few days, can't hurt to be optimistic. ;)

At least we'll have a date, no sitting around waiting. My wife has been "done with this sh*t" for about two weeks now :D

House is immaculate, but she's still exhausting herself trying to tick things off the list. She's finishing work on Friday, thanks be to jeebus.

Rather bizarre getting a list of things from the midwife not to do, to avoid bringing on labour.

Advertisement