Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW34 Match day thread.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Did you pick Song over Walcott by choice or due to the price difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

roryc wrote: »
    Did you pick Song over Walcott by choice or due to the price difference?

Brought him in last night. could have bought Walcott but then the choice of defenders I could brought in didnt fill me with any confidence and I'd nothing left in the bank and limit any manoeuvring for players. My thinking was 2 Arsenal starters against Wigan is better than 1 and a very dodgy defender and nothing left in the bank.

I'll probably end up regretting it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Siggy got the assist \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

37 so far, with Verm, Jevans, Valencia, Rooney and RvP (c) to play.

Happy enough, will be happier when Siggy gets his 3 BP's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

carlcon wrote: »
    Excellent. I wont be around to watch captain Rooney tomorrow, but I'll sleep a little better knowing that Sig did the job today.

Remember everyone... 2 goals and 3bps for the Rooney this week! Positive thoughts, and all that rubbish. :p

Not a chance. You'll be sweating watching RVP bang them in on Monday night after Rooney gets booked and then limps off 3 minutes into the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Aguero didn't get any bps? Yay if so.

BP's not given yet

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

weeeeeee, into the top 500 (456th) in the overall rankings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭G1032

KevIRL wrote: »
    weeeeeee, into the top 500 (456th) in the overall rankings

Well done. Fair play.
    You're on 1983 points and i'm on 1921 and in 4,110th place!!!!

62 points between us but 3,654 places..........!! Mad....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

36 with 6 to play (3 utd and 3 arsenal) RVP captain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

G1032 wrote: »
    Well done. Fair play.
    You're on 1983 points and i'm on 1921 and in 4,110th place!!!!

62 points between us but 3,654 places..........!! Mad....

It gets really tight when you get around the top. One point can move you up a few hundred places, and that's a huge jump when you're 2/3,000 overall. You really start to go mad when a player gets a needless yellow or a midfielder loses a clean sheet bonus. And that's even before your forward misses a one-on-one. This game can drive you round the bend at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

FatRat wrote: »
    Sunderland draww 3-3 with Man City....... and they can't score against Wolves :confused: A lovely 6 points for captain Sess. fml.
    they only had 3 shots on target against city.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Looking around it seems most people who are still playing seriously will have very similar teams this week. Swansea defender/gk, Sunderland defender/gk, West Brom defender/gk.

Looks like it's a straight shoot out between Aguero/Rooney/VP and the captaincy choice as to whether you move up or down significently.

Tevez/Sig are the only differentials atm.

(30 from 5 for me.)
    most top teams have sig so not a differential. Cats out of the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Woohoo, subbed Vorm for the first ever time in favor of Mignolet, that's working out nicely so far :)

Vorm got 6. Mignolet got 7. Just sayin.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

29 with six to play

Held my position, which is a bonus after missing out on the City rampage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I get to feel smug about that, every point counts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

True but Mignolet also made 5 saves in a 0-0 draw so he has an outside chance of getting some BP :)

OctavarIan wrote: »
    True but Mignolet also made 5 saves in a 0-0 draw so he has an outside chance of getting some BP :)

What BP system are you using? Penalty saves could rarely earn BPs in this system :)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

McClean might be one to watch for the bonii

Sat through that awful turd earlier and he had quite a few shots on target

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    McClean might be one to watch for the bonii

Sat through that awful turd earlier and he had quite a few shots on target

Yeah he was Sunderland's best player. I'm level on points with the leader in my main league. We have the same players left to play, apart from Vermaelen for me and Walcott for him. Hoping for a handy Arsenal win but an invisible performance from Theo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

In 0-0 draws is it not defensive players that seem to get the bonus points for the most part? Especially from the underdog team. I can recall a few games where that happened and also the Liverpool vs Swansea game where they gave something like 3 defenders and Vorm 3 bonus points. Anyways i'm hoping McClean gets none haha. My main rival has him. Although i fielded 11 this week. He only fielded 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I watched the Sunderland game myself and I can safely say.... McLean was definitely not the best player. He hardly got on the ball lads :pac: He had 2 shots I think. 1 on target as far as I recall. If anything I think it'll be Wolves players getting the majority of the BP's. Ebanks-Blake will be getting BP's if they do go to a striker/midfielder. Himself or Fletcher were better than McLean or Bendtner or Sess. But still... I think Bardsley, Ward and Richardson will get em. Richardson with the 3.7

It is impossible to guess this BP system though.... as we all know.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Yeah he was Sunderland's best player. I'm level on points with the leader in my main league. We have the same players left to play, apart from Vermaelen for me and Walcott for him. Hoping for a handy Arsenal win but an invisible performance from Theo.

Other way around for me
    Hope Arsenal hammer them but concede a goal.........

Fiver says Nani will come in for Valencia this week :pac:

Fiver says Nani will come in for Valencia this week :pac:

He'll come in for Young

• Registered Users Posts: 9,352 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I watched the Sunderland game myself and I can safely say.... McLean was definitely not the best player. He hardly got on the ball lads :pac: He had 2 shots I think. 1 on target as far as I recall. If anything I think it'll be Wolves players getting the majority of the BP's. Ebanks-Blake will be getting BP's if they do go to a striker/midfielder. Himself or Fletcher were better than McLean or Bendtner or Sess. But still... I think Bardsley, Ward and Richardson will get em. Richardson with the 3.7

It is impossible to guess this BP system though.... as we all know.
    5 shots on goal with 2 on target compared to Ebanks-Blakes 2 shots on goal, none on target.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    5 shots on goal with 2 on target compared to Ebanks-Blakes 2 shots on goal, none on target.

Wow, really? Probably should have read up on it. But he was still pretty poor imo. I actually just saw in the paper there (the Sunday World I think) and Ebanks-Blake was on the team of the week on it. So I'm not the only one who thought he had a decent enough game.Still though, I think the defenders will get em.

@G1032 .... I think young'll be played against his old club. Val has been relatively poor in the past 2 games compared to what he's usually like. Nani will play instead of Val, no doubt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Same as usual for united..........Young and Valencia start.......Nani is keeping his ass warm

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Man Utd: De Gea, Evra, Ferdinand, Evans, Rafael, Carrick, Scholes, Young, Valencia, Rooney, Welbeck - #MUFC

Aston VIlla: Given, Hutton, Collins, Baker, Lichaj, Bannan, Gardner, Clark, Ireland, Weimann, Agbonlahor - #AVFC #mufc

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Same as usual for united..........Young and Valencia start.......Nani is keeping his ass warm

Damn :pac:

Now there's a player to have a look at for Villa..... Clark. Back from injury, down as a defender for Villa, 4.5 I think he costs and a DGW next week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement