Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW34 Match day thread.....

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

59 points with Vermaelen, Song and RVP all in, hoping for a RVP hat trick, I swapped Rooney out as captain for RVP, hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Good luck manual man. Thought it was a mad bet looking at it before the match.

There seems to be regular shocks in premier league games kicking off at 7.45 or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Arsenal need to up the tempo and move the ball quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

sigh, such a great week has its gloss well and truly taken from it by tonights shambles from rvp

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

i just knew captaining sess was the right move ahead of rvp :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

I'm a utd fan and even I think the ref might as well be wearing a Wigan jersey...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Picked the wrong week to captain Walcott

Fair bad when you are being schooled all night by Gary Caldwell

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The Vermaelen goal/Rosicky assist was bad for me, but delighted RVP did nothing, should see me catch up a bit in my paid league.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

KevIRL wrote: »
    sigh, such a great week has its gloss well and truly taken from it by tonights shambles from rvp

couldn't agree more

Hate getting captaincy decisions so spectacularly wrong :(

• Advertisement

Could of had a great week only for captaincy choice, 71 points but most of the lads around in the boards league has hit that so I wont go far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Vermaelan for some BP's??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

PopTarts wrote: »

Maybe 1bp. Wigan will get the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Two of my changes were utter disasters, swapping the captaincy from Rooney to RVP didn't pay off, putting Song in was only worth a point, thank god for Vermaelen saving some of the blushes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

thunderdog wrote: »
    Maybe 1bp. Wigan will get the rest

Yeah I think he'll get 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

RVP had a mare of game tonight even if he was well marshalled by Wigan. Just shows how reliant they are on him in attack. Needed to push Verm on more but his goal is probably more important regardless of me captaining RVP..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Fowler87 wrote: »
    RVP had a mare of game tonight even if he was well marshalled by Wigan. Just shows how reliant they are on him in attack. Needed to push Verm on more but his goal is probably more important regardless of me captaining RVP..

RvP captaincy a disaster especially with my main rival capping shrek. Coming up on me and is really tight now. Had Tevez and shrek so will finish with just under 70 points. I need to have more faith in my squad, i know that im a good manager i just need the backing of the board so i can push through my transfers. Some of my players have let me down in the last few weeks and at this stage of the season i cannot afford to be patient with them. Am going to have to bring new faces in to freshen up the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

You're bet is looking good manual man.

I swear man I nearly kachked meself when I switched on the stream and saw Wigan 2-0, madness, utter madness

80 points from me ff horses (well -8 for transfers)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

manual_man wrote: »
    I swear man I nearly kachked meself when I switched on the stream and saw Wigan 2-0, madness, utter madness

:)
    Great night for you. Wigan completely deserved the result too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

manual_man wrote: »

:)
    Great night for you. Wigan completely deserved the result too.

thanks man. they were good value in the end. but with Arsenal goin gung-ho the old nerves were janglin! phew :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I've almost pulled the trigger on Van Persie in favour of Kun after tonight's game. Only thing stopping me is the desire to keep the transfer for the next gameweek.
    In saying that, I'm 20 odd points off the buck ahead of me in my private league, he who dares wins and all that jazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

If you had a choice would you put a bolton defender(2XDGW) or Man city one in for next game week, Also which player ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Why are you posting the same question in every thread??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 del fuego

PopTarts wrote: »
    Yep! Vermaelan for 1 BP

Arsenal 1 - 2 Wigan
    Bonus
    Vermaelen
    Bonus
    McArthur
    Gomez (3)
    Moses
    Di Santo (2)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

james123 wrote: »
    If you had a choice would you put a bolton defender(2XDGW) or Man city one in for next game week, Also which player ?

Why just for one week? Are you wildcarding gw36?

If just for next week, City defender (Kompany). If for gw35 and 36. probably a Bolton defender simply because of the sheer number of fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Kompany is a better choice than a Bolton defender regardless. You need to be thinking medium term, the league is over soon. Buying in Kompany now will be to the end of the season, simply rest him for the United game if you have better players available.

I'll be resting Evans and resting/selling Valencia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

gw34.JPG

Happy with this, could have broken 100 if only Arsenal had done a little more. 4pt hit was to get Aguero so it worked out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ended on 79. One of the best GW I have had as only started playing last year.

Funny thing was I did not have full 11 (10 10 players) and Ruddy got Zero so have to be happy with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement