Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

cdaly_ wrote: »
    28 years today since we first kissed... :):):)

d'awhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

cat-heart.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

sunflower27 - Wow fair play to you, your post made me well up a little bit. :)

cdaly_ - That's really sweet.. :D

I feel like our feckin' bathroom is never going to be finished at this point.. We still only have a toilet. I'm going to visit Gran later with my Mam and also have a shower while I'm there.

Still really want to see The Hunger Games.. The only 2 cinemas I know are Portlaoise and Athlone. Obviously Portlaoise is closer but it's not showing until next Wednesday. I'll have to check Carlow and see where exactly it is and maybe go tomorrow.

I need to get food now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

My colleague is back from a trip and she's in great form. I go through stages of wanting to throttle her and then wanting to have a beer with her. Looks like it's a beer-after-work day. I like those days! :)

Also did some damage to my credit card at lunchtime and bought some fancy lingerie online. The OH will be in for treats aplenty when I'm home! :D 15 weeks and counting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

So I went to see a counsellor today. I feel a bit better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

EmilyO wrote: »
    So I went to see a counsellor today. I feel a bit better :)

That is so good to hear! Keep it up :)

I am frazzled today. Can't wait for the long weekend next week just to take my mind off work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Afternoon loungers :) Seem to be a bit more motivated to study this morning thanks to a great sleep last night, and a lie in! I slept til 9.30 :D I haven't had a proper decent sleep in a long while, so I'm feeling refreshed!

Going to see the Avengers tonight at 9.00 :D can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

yes, I'm packing my bag now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Work yesterday was awful. But I did get through the 3 days work in 10 hours. Yeah I've done myself out of 2 days pay, but now I don't have to go back again. Though someone else has taken credit for everything I did.

Feeling very crap about the whole situation. At least when i came home last night the OH had an Eddie Rockets take away waiting (one of the many reasons why I love him).

I hate being treated like an idiot. I was in F***ing Mensa. I'm glad it was only temp work, think I would have gone mad if I'd taken on a proper job there. :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Quote from the guy sitting beside me in departures (on the phone):

"Aidan collected me in his 12 Sab-a-roo (Subaru) from Malohoide! It was just ghastly! I would have walked of I'd know what it looks like! I mean how austentagious! I nearly doied! And you won't even believe what the reg was! 12-KE I mean it wasn't even a Dublin reg! Never again, I'd rather take the bus, haw haw haw, maybe not the bus!"

Are you focking kidding me lad? And this guy is well in his 50's currently checking out the property section of The Times! Probably checking to see how many of his properties are up for sale through NAMA!! :-) Passive Aggressive much? Me? Never!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

LostGirly wrote: »
    Quote from the guy sitting beside me in departures (on the phone):

"Aidan collected me in his 12 Sab-a-roo (Subaru) from Malohoide! It was just ghastly! I would have walked of I'd know what it looks like! I mean how austentagious! I nearly doied! And you won't even believe what the reg was! 12-KE I mean it wasn't even a Dublin reg! Never again, I'd rather take the bus, haw haw haw, maybe not the bus!"

Are you focking kidding me lad? And this guy is well in his 50's currently checking out the property section of The Times! Probably checking to see how many of his properties are up for sale through NAMA!! :-) Passive Aggressive much? Me? Never!!

Jaysus that's ridiculous :rolleyes:

Most of the people I'm in college with are grand (I'm in UCD), but you do get the odd one like that! I have a fairly neutral accent but I get the odd D4 twang when I'm up here, so Dublin people think I'm from here. This one girl I sat next to in a lecture asked me what school I went to, and I said I'm actually from Offaly.....

"Oh, so you're a farmer then"
    "No...."
    "Oh but you basically are"

Been avoiding her like the plague ever since

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

bubblefett wrote: »
    Work yesterday was awful. But I did get through the 3 days work in 10 hours.(

My day is like that day, thought I had two more days to work on something, but nope they change their mind and want it this afternoon. I did about 8 hours work in 3, wrecked now.

^^ Oh my good God @ LostGirly and EmilyO's stories. :eek:

It's absolutely spilling rain here, it's horrible out. I was going to go for a walk but I'll get drenched.

Really want Catching Fire to get here soon. And the dress I bought a couple of weeks ago hasn't arrived yet either.

I'm away now! Bags just about packed :D

Just reading LostGirly and EmilyO's posts there, yep, people like that are hilarious and embarrassing all at the same time! Being from Kerry means I generally get people say "So did you live on a farm yeah?", and "You don't have a bogger accent!" and "I suppose you love going to Dublin?!", wrong on all three silly Dublin people! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Wear 2 pairs of jeans, track suit bottoms, 6 tops, 3 hoodies and 2 jackets, get through carry on baggage check, strip off and repack - the Spanish way of pulling one over on Ryanair, never seen anything like it in my life! Oh and TALK REALLY LOUDLY WHATEVER YOU DO! 

Links have a good time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I haz exam headache :(

On the plus side, this morning's went well enough. Wrote loads but there was too much to do in 2 hours, so I wrote what I could.

Nothing now for a couple of weeks :D

Considering pizza for dinner tonight.. :o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Acoshla wrote: »
    Just reading LostGirly and EmilyO's posts there, yep, people like that are hilarious and embarrassing all at the same time! Being from Kerry means I generally get people say "So did you live on a farm yeah?", and "You don't have a bogger accent!" and "I suppose you love going to Dublin?!", wrong on all three silly Dublin people! :pac:

but once you go past the red cow its all fields, dont you know this? just push their buttons back "oh you're from dublin? so whats heroin like?" :pac:

only 7 more hours and I'll be sat in the cinema demolishing popcorn and sweets and watching The Avengers with my comic nerd friends, yeahhhaaaaa! summer movie season is here and its gonna be a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Have to get a taxi to work today!!

what a waste of twenty euro!

I'm jealous of all the peeps going to the cinema. Haven't been in ages. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

The book my short story is in is launching tonight and they want me to read it. In.Front.Of.Everyone.

eek.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

krudler wrote: »
    but once you go past the red cow its all fields, dont you know this? just push their buttons back "oh you're from dublin? so whats heroin like?" :pac:

only 7 more hours and I'll be sat in the cinema demolishing popcorn and sweets and watching The Avengers with my comic nerd friends, yeahhhaaaaa! summer movie season is here and its gonna be a good one.

Going to see it this evening. Looking forward to it(and the pick not mix of course!).

On the bus to dubland now. London calling, might even be meeting some people for drinks. Should I wind up my girlfriend by telling her I forgot my passport?

Oh Jesus my passport photo is bad. Bad bad. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Roesy wrote: »
    Going to see it this evening. Looking forward to it(and the pick not mix of course!).

Pick n mix even! Gotta stop trusting the predictive keyboard on this phone. It kept changing Liz to lizard in an email the other day. Thankfully I noticed it before I pressed send.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I feel like I'll never catch up with it lol. :o

I was just thinking if I got the train to Athlone to see The Hunger Games and got the unemployed rate, it would cost the same as getting a normal ticket and popcorn in Portlaoise cinema. I have a Railcard and I get nearly a tenner off a normal train fare. Mad eh?? Lol.

Jane, my head isn’t working today. Had to read that a few times before I got it! :o Tis weird alright. Some cinema prices are exorbitant. Hope you get to see it soon and that your book comes soon too! :)

Sunflower27, I got goosebumps reading your post. I saw a post of yours a few weeks ago in the Volunteerism forum and read how you missed out on the training by a week last September. If you had enquired a few days earlier you might have gotten in back then and maybe you wouldn’t have met this woman. Strange how everything works out. Best of luck with your shift tonight. I think they are lucky to have you. Good luck with your course and editing the book too. :)

Happy anniversary cdaly_ :D

Best of luck with the short story FouxDaFaFa. Knock 'em dead! :p

My friend got great news about a family member. She’s been waiting for ages to hear about it and finally they have an answer. So relieved for her. :)

I’ve to make a phone call. It’s ridiculous just how much I hate phone calls. :( They make me break out in a cold sweat and panic and fidget like there’s no tomorrow. God I’m weird.

Someone make me get up and study please? I’ve another exam tomorrow morning.

Job interview done. Now we play the waiting game.

Someone here come work for me and I go to bed and watch Criminal Minds til I die from it? Kthxbai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Someone here come work for me and I go to bed and watch Criminal Minds til I die from it? Kthxbai.

Will i get paid?

btw i dont want you to die!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Mollikins, I'm the same with phone calls. Hate them! I get terribly nervous.. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

<Hops on bus to galway>

Hope your customers like their buns burnt n crunchy! And badly iced also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement