Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Thinking... :rolleyes:

Nope didn't get to go. Maybe next week. For some reason it's only on one day a week in Portlaoise. Hope I get to see it soon. :)

That's a bit weird.

There is a couple of bits they cut out of it, obviously I won't say what, but I was a bit disappointed that they chose to not include those bits because it really would not have made the film longer. But honestly, I'm just being pedantic about it. It's a great interpretation and fairly faithful to the book. :)

Also it has Josh Hutcherson in it so it's bound to be great. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yeah.. I checked and it's on everyday in Athlone. Such an awkward time tbh, 2.15. Was thinking about going if I was going to see my bf on Sat because I know Athlone and I have to go there to get a bus to him. Last bus is 4.30 so I'd have to miss the end of the film. Boo-urns.

Still undecided if I'm Team Peeta or Team Gale. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I was a tad disappointed with the movie, they left out a bit of the story and my boyfriend kept asking me questions about certain bits that you wont get if you haven't read the books! It was good thought a better perception to the book than other movies have done.

Also a part of the wide awake club, maybe I should go to the noc forum.

Yeah.. I checked and it's on everyday in Athlone. Such an awkward time tbh, 2.15. Was thinking about going if I was going to see my bf on Sat because I know Athlone and I have to go there to get a bus to him. Last bus is 4.30 so I'd have to miss the end of the film. Boo-urns.

Still undecided if I'm Team Peeta or Team Gale. :rolleyes:

Ah you can't miss the end of the film. :eek:

I'm Team Peeta all the way. No competition. Gale's alright... he's just no Peeta. :p

Where did you order Catching Fire from? Some great characters are introduced in it. /teases :pac:

Edit: OakeyDokey. There were 2 bits I was annoyed with and really it didn't make any difference to the length and would have stayed faithful to the book but sure, like you said it's a better version of the book than most films are.

I'm all excited, I really wanna see the film. Ordered Catching Fire from The Book Depository on Sun and it was dispatched on Tues. I need it soon!

Tbh I am leaning a little bit more towards Team Peeta.. :)

• Advertisement

I'm all excited, I really wanna see the film. Ordered Catching Fire from The Book Depository on Sun and it was dispatched on Tues. I need it soon!

Tbh I am leaning a little bit more towards Team Peeta.. :)

God I love the book depository. I just want to live in one of their warehouses! :o

Tbf, Gale doesn't get half as much page/screen time as Peeta does so it's hard to prefer that character when Peeta is just such a nice guy.

I just started watching House. Did a double take when I saw the woman that plays Teresa Lisbon from the Mentalist in the first scene! Thought I was after clicking into the wrong link somehow.

Yeah I was just going to say Gale is really only in the first chapter or so even though he's mentioned a good bit. Peeta is lovely. :)

Oh you've reminded me I have to start watching The Mentalist online again. I was on the 3rd ep of season 2. :D

Yeah I was just going to say Gale is really only in the first chapter or so even though he's mentioned a good bit. Peeta is lovely. :)

Oh you've reminded me I have to start watching The Mentalist online again. I was on the 3rd ep of season 2. :D

The Mentalist is pretty good. My obsession with it has waned since I caught up with real life airing of the shows. I'm all up to date with my usual programmes so I'm seeing what all the fuss is with House. Bah, hate waiting for things to buffer.

I feel like I'll never catch up with it lol. :o

I was just thinking if I got the train to Athlone to see The Hunger Games and got the unemployed rate, it would cost the same as getting a normal ticket and popcorn in Portlaoise cinema. I have a Railcard and I get nearly a tenner off a normal train fare. Mad eh?? Lol.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

what accident was that now?didn't see anything on the news.sorry for your loss

Cork - Mallow road this morning at around 7.30am http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0425/woman-dies-in-cork-road-crash.html

Very little sleep again tonight, struggling through this essay. Thanks lads and ladies for your kind words, think the whole place is in shock tbh.

Welcome back CT, nice to have you back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Came into work looking ****e today after a terrible night's sleep - I have huge black bags under my eyes and am totally zombiefied. Only tea can save me now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Not been on here in a while so hello all :)

I have my first Samaritan shift tonight... I am really looking forward to it. :)

So much has changed recently.... I have met some wonderful friends through my training and one in particular. An amazing woman that I think is such a strong lady.

We met for coffee the other day and got talking about the jobs we both did before we were made redundant. She lost her job a few months back. I told her my publishing background.

She told me her brother that took his life wrote a book before he died. They found it after he had passed away. He had a mental illness - it is the same my mum has. She asked would I read it for her as she found it too difficult.

I said yes and she emailed it to me. I started it last night and read for hours. I was totally bowled over. It is incredible - his life and journey. it is funny and touching and I found myself crying laughing and welling up at the tough times he endured.

i still have a long way to go but got up early to read more this morning.

She contacted a publisher a few weeks ago and gave them an outline. They want to see parts of it. I am going to edit it for her and we are going to choose what bits to send.

When I look back on last year and the tough time I had, and to think now I am going to start as a Samaritan, have decided to pursue a degree in counselling (I start the Foundation course next month)... my financial situation is still in tatters but there is so much hope there.

i feel alive again and all for the right reasons.

I feel honoured to be reading this man's book, and sometimes people come into our lives at the right time and for the right reasons.

How empty would our lives be without friends? I am so much luckier than I ever realised and just wanted to share. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

pampootie wrote: »
    I took this up completely wrong when I read it first amid all the vibrator discussion. Snigger.

Bluewolf, if I bake you a cake will you come around and explain pensions to me using finger puppets? Spoke to an advisor today and despite me telling her at the start to pretend she was explaining everything to a very small child she's still confused the bejaysus out of me.

ah what's wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

At the doctor now, going to get that injection to the stomach. Fun times for all :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

has whoops been a tll mod for a while and i'm just oblivious or what

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

She's new :)

*blows party whistle*

And I still haven't packed my bags yet. :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Can someone have a word with my son and tell him that 4.30am is not the time to wake his mother up to ask her if she has any carrots for his bunny?

That was cute, the half hour of incessant whingeing that followed was not.

*zombified*

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

what accident was that now?didn't see anything on the news.sorry for your loss

Cork - Mallow road this morning at around 7.30am http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0425/woman-dies-in-cork-road-crash.html

Very little sleep again tonight, struggling through this essay. Thanks lads and ladies for your kind words, think the whole place is in shock tbh.

Welcome back CT, nice to have you back!

Sometimes you can forget that those news stories are about real people.

I'm so sorry for your loss rebelgirl. All I can say is keep smiling :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Zombified inside at work - slept from about 11 to 4ish, got up and finished the essay at 8. Must now go and find some quotes to back up my work - have a bit of time alright to get it done. Completely wrecked

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Links234 wrote: »
    At the doctor now, going to get that injection to the stomach. Fun times for all :)

Had to get them for fertility treatment - trigger shots. The first one the nurse did hurt like a mofo. And it was right where my tum met the edge of my desk at work. Sore for days. Next one himself did and it was grand.

Are yours the oily ones? I hear that those are worse. I'm a wuss with needles anyway so you have my sympathies.

...and PACK YOUR BAG!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

So. Tired.

Seems like a lot of us were up late! I didn't get a lot don't yesterday afternoon (love how people who wouldn't send a text all year decide to distract me yesterday.!)

I stayed up til 4, was absolutely freezing because the heat goes off at like 12. Woke up at 8:30 but couldn't move so started studying at 9.30.

Totally panicked yesterday! Kind of glad because it's Pushed me into that terrified - i - might - fail mode :)

I've to catch up on the last 10 pages of this post...but not til next week.

Hope study's going well for all of you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Yes. And he would rather you look at his man bits rather than his belly, especially when he is wearing cycling shorts.

OMG! I turn my back for a moment and what do I find when I get back! :o

ISTR it was my fine muscular cycling legs I was hoping to draw attention to... :cool:

Neyite wrote: »
    Had to get them for fertility treatment - trigger shots. The first one the nurse did hurt like a mofo. And it was right where my tum met the edge of my desk at work. Sore for days. Next one himself did and it was grand.

Are yours the oily ones? I hear that those are worse. I'm a wuss with needles anyway so you have my sympathies.

...and PACK YOUR BAG!! :p

I get this

Todays was quite sore :o

And I will pack my bag!!! I need a shower though, and some lunch. after that, I swear!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

going to The Avengers at 8pm, woooooooo! happyface :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Got sent this link, if your going on a plane anytime soon DONT WATCH!

http://estaticos.20minutos.es/player/player20110614.swf?status=200&dynconf=http://www.20minutos.tv/videoconfig/9mPtW4Dp/v/&still=http://estaticos.20minutos.es/20minutostv/img/2012/04/25/osvFNO.jpg&autoplay=y

all i can say it thank goodnes were going to venice not bilboa. This was due to high winds yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Not looking at that, currently sitting in Dublin airport!!!

*resists urge to look at link*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

LostGirly wrote: »
    Not looking at that, currently sitting in Dublin airport!!!

*resists urge to look at link*

Hope you are off somewhere nice :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

28 years today since we first kissed... :):):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement