Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Acoshla wrote: »
    Ooh lovely, where in Kerry is it?

We'll be staying near Rossbeigh, so excited. Can't wait for the long walks on the beach with the dog in the Kerry air :D
    His family all live nearby in Killorglin so we'll probably visit there too. Happy days, just waiting for confirmation on the dates now. I love free holidays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Ireland's Favourite Painting on RTE1 now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I made a yummy cake this evening. Homemade cake tastes so much better than shop-bought :D

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Went for my first walk/run this evening :) Ive wanted to start for ages but just haven't been bothered. I feel like I'm dying now though after only 45 minutes!! I'm so unfit :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Went to Titanic.

Going to Titanic premenstrual is a bad idea....I cried all of the tears! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Crazy/stressful/hectic day at work! So glad to be home & in bed finally :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Don't you just hate it when someone can be really horrible and nasty to you one minute and when they want something, they are nice as pie.

Drives me mad.

Don't fcuking treat me like dirt and then expect my help.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

The worst about that is that they insult your intelligence by thinking you've forgotten/not noticed that they were a **** to you...hate that.

krudler wrote: »
    ugh, Irish mammy syndrome. I'm so glad my mam taught me how to iron, cook some stuff and work a washing machine when I was younger. If I ever have kids they're learning that stuff as early as possible

My mam was in hospital for a month there recently, my sister had to come home every weekend to make sure his clothes were washed and ironed, and that he had food prepared for the week...Luckily the result of that was that he got a bit of a shock ("What happens if something happens to MammyIvy?") so he learned how to do the washing, and since mam is back from hospital, he cooks the dinner (under instruction, but still).

I think it's very important to be able to look after yourself, whether you're a guy or a girl, which is why I learned basic stuff like turning off electricity/gas/water at the mains etc etc recently, I normally would have left that to the men around the place...

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Seriously sad today :-(

LostGirly wrote: »
    Aw sorry to hear that. (((Hugs)))

What's up?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Morning Loungers.

Well I'm not sick (so far anyway), which is a relief.

Brain is feeling less woolly this morning too. Phew.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Whats up? :(

Shoulders hurt.

Have so much study/work to do. I'm such an idiot, going to fall way behind and I'm only 6 weeks in if I don't get my act together.

Never been good at studying, at school all I had to do was turn up and I'd be able to produce and A or B in exams so I've never been much good at studying because I never had to do it. From 6th year onwards to most courses I've done I've been fooked 'cos I just can't study. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Teething should end when you're a toddler. I don't want wisdom teeth. My wisdom level is high enough and they huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurt *whinge*

At least its sunny for the walk to work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I made a yummy cake this evening. Homemade cake tastes so much better than shop-bought :D

Hells yeah! :D
    I think it's very important to be able to look after yourself, whether you're a guy or a girl, which is why I learned basic stuff like turning off electricity/gas/water at the mains etc etc recently, I normally would have left that to the men around the place...

My friend's dad was left home alone for the first time in about 40 years, he called her asking are beans cooked and you just need to put the tin in a saucepan and heat it or do you have to cook them from scratch, she had to go heat the beans for him :rolleyes: Madness.
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    Morning Loungers.

Well I'm not sick (so far anyway), which is a relief.

Brain is feeling less woolly this morning too. Phew.

Last week my boy was almost sick for one day, red nose, looked woozy, he was really warm, then he slept for 12 hours, then he was dizzy and roasting the next day, then it just went away, seems to be something minor going around, hopefully you're done with it now.

Have a short week this week, finished tomorrow evening, huzzah!! Then have a nice fun few days planned with my mommy, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I woke up this morning to find out my first class is cancelled. Not in college till one! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

So, heading to Bordeaux next week for the Heineken cup semi final. Trip (not even an overnight) was costing €375, match ticket to go on top of that. Really hadn't got the money, but no way was I missing it. Sis rings me this morning to say the travel agent gave her a "small" discount. How much, sez I. Whole trip is now costing €262, including my match ticket - huzzah!

Everyone, regardless of gender, should be able to do the following:

Cook at least three different meals
    Change a flat tyre
    Top up fluids in the car
    Wire a plug
    Change a fuse

STBEH used to have to go around to his sister every time the oil needed topping up in her car. I mean FFS!

Aw sorry to hear that. (((Hugs)))

What's up?

Just the recession taking more of the people I love!

Just the recession taking more of the people I love!

Yeah it's crap isn't it. Skype is great and all but it's not the same. I feel your pain.

Yeah it's crap isn't it. Skype is great and all but it's not the same. I feel your pain.

Numerous cousins and friends! Boo Urns!
    But also my Best friend, brother and now as of yesterday the boyfriend! In work at the moment and tears streaming down my face cos our song just came on, dunno when I'll see him again!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Everyone, regardless of gender, should be able to do the following:

Cook at least three different meals
    Change a flat tyre
    Top up fluids in the car
    Wire a plug
    Change a fuse

I can cook more than 3 meals & I can top up the water in my windscreen wipers. That's about it. I'm pretty sure I could change a fuse in a plug if I had to, but I definitely wouldn't trust myself to wire a plug. I know how to change a flat tyre, and if push came to shove and I had to do it, I probably would manage, but I don't think that I'm physically strong enough to succeed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Someone come and talk all the internet that I don't need for study away from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I know how to change a tyre in theory but the one time it happened to me when I was alone I had to call my daddy for help 'cause I wasn't strong enough to get the flat tyre off - it was really stuck on, he even had to use a blunt hammmer to loosen it! I'm not really sure what else can be done in situations like that, I'm never gonna have Popeye type strength :P

I know how to change a tyre in theory but the one time it happened to me when I was alone I had to call my daddy for help 'cause I wasn't strong enough to get the flat tyre off - it was really stuck on, he even had to use a blunt hammmer to loosen it! I'm not really sure what else can be done in situations like that, I'm never gonna have Popeye type strength :P

If the last place you had tyres done used an air gun to tighten the nuts, you haven't a hope in hell of getting them off yourself, but at least you knew how to do it and were prepared to give it a go. The amount of women who wouldn't know where to start and have no interest in learning is unreal - "Ah, sure why bother, a man will always come along and offer to help..."

If the last place you had tyres done used an air gun to tighten the nuts, you haven't a hope in hell of getting them off yourself, but at least you knew how to do it and were prepared to give it a go. The amount of women who wouldn't know where to start and have no interest in learning is unreal - "Ah, sure why bother, a man will always come along and offer to help..."

I know a girl who wrecked her car cos she drove around for ages with no oil in it. She never even knew it was supposed to be replaced every so often, let alone how to do it.

I know a girl who wrecked her car cos she drove around for ages with no oil in it. She never even knew it was supposed to be replaced every so often, let alone how to do it.

She deserved it, in that case.

She deserved it, in that case.

Very true! It's mental though, that someone would cost themselves thousands over something so simple. Boggles the mind.

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

God, I'm so frustrated.
    I am trying and trying to get back to work after being off sick for a year and a half. I have had a few interviews, and gotten my hopes up but no luck :(
    I am getting so disheartened, and am trying my best to apply for the jobs that I am qualified for but there aren't that many advertised.
    I'm so sad. I don't have any money, haven't had a holiday in years and cannot tell you the last time I bought clothes. I am bored of being bored!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

study just not happening these last few days. Yesterday - despite how long I was in there - was a total waste. It's not clicking, I still don't understand what the hell I'm doing for this one module. Usually I get up at 7:30 ish and try start for 8:30 - but today I've had enough.

I'm going for a cycle, will buy some stationary and dark chocolate and try again after lunch.

...this is the first ime I've been out of my pjs since last thursday :O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

In theory I could probably change a tyre, as I've seen it done, but like that I wouldn't be strong enough to do it. I don't own a car right now anyway, nor will i own one for quite some time. As for wiring/changing the fuse on a plug, I was talking that day in science class :o

I can cook though, and not too badly at that :cool:

When I had my mock LC French oral, the teacher asked me if I was going to Oxegen that summer. I said that I was, and the woman asked me how I'd pitch a tent...in French! I said I'd get a man to do it, only because I couldn't explain the mechanics of tent-pitching in English, never mind French :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement