Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

...is this you now?

^^^does this. Cheers bluewolf! (And good luck if that is you!)

my exam is in the morning but i did a ton of study this time around
    i need to practice a few things again... whenever my headache fcuks off

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Das Kitty wrote: »
    @Neyite

Just looking at your ticker. Are you finished work yet?

*is excited for you* :D

Nearly! Finished friday week. Training in my replacement now. Feeling a bit ungainly and have developed a little waddle. Sooo sexy! I'm lucky that its an office job and I'm not on my feet all day, so thats why I left it until 2 weeks before my due date. Couldnt cope otherwise!

Havent picked out or even shortlisted names yet. Himself reckons we should auction off the naming rights like the O2 or the Aviva stadium did. I can kinda see me roaring "VODAFONE, C'MERE FOR YER DINNER!!!" up the stairs. Especially since little Vodafone seems to have the makings of an international footballer if the kicks to my kidneys is anything to go by! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

hey everyone, is there any cool shops to check out while in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Depends, what're you looking for Links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Depends, what're you looking for Links?

dunno, any kinda alternative or cool clothes shops, music shops, comic book or nerdy stuff shops?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Going down to visit old misery guts (Dad) and his fat wife on Thursday.
    Not looking forward to it but I do it to keep him happy.
    And to ensure I keep getting €50 cheques for my birthday... >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Links234 wrote: »
    dunno, any kinda alternative or cool clothes shops, music shops, comic book or nerdy stuff shops?
    Check out Forbidden Realms comic book shop in Cork City. I wanted to buy everything last time I was there.
    Also: AVOID TRABOLGAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I've never been as disappointed as I was yesterday morning. It hit me like a ton of bricks about an hour after finding out and it's been so horrible. I didn't feel so bad until I found out how close I came; I was less than 1% off. I was the highest placed person in my class not to get it. Absolutely sickened. Sickened isn't even the word :(

And yet separate to that, one of my bestest friends got it and he wasn't there to hear it so I got to be the person to call and tell him. He was so thrilled and it was lovely to feel as happy for him as I did, and so so proud :D

So thanks a million for all the support and well wishes, it was much appreciated <3:D

I aso got to be comforted by and have a lovely chat with himself and this morning I texted him and asked him to go for coffee on Thursday, which he agreed to. So I have a pseudo date to look forward to at least ;) VERY excited about that.

Awh, sorry to hear this almostnever. I was in the exact same boat as you last year. Its a total pisser. I was quite bitter after! :cool: :pac: All that studying does stand to you though. But yeah, be bitter for a little while, but not too long! ;)

I never ever *wish* for a boyfriend/partner but at the moment I could really do with one. I need unlimited hugs at the moment. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I thought this game was for kids

ELDER WITH DRAGON CORE, THIRTEEN INCHES, HARD

:pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

bluewolf wrote: »

I thought I was doing well with 9 and 3/4 inches, unyielding :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

It's like it's just described me and my needs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Larianne wrote: »
    Awh, sorry to hear this almostnever. I was in the exact same boat as you last year. Its a total pisser. I was quite bitter after! :cool: :pac: All that studying does stand to you though. But yeah, be bitter for a little while, but not too long! ;)

I never ever *wish* for a boyfriend/partner but at the moment I could really do with one. I need unlimited hugs at the moment. :(

Huge hugs and tight squeezes for you :)

hugs for larianne and AN

i'm a ravenclaw, who is surprised...

hugs for larianne and AN

i'm a ravenclaw, who is surprised...
    Are they the good guys?

Kiera wrote: »
    Are they the good guys?

brainy nerds ha ha

Are they the good guys?

brainy nerds ha ha
    Aren't all nerds brainy? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

McChubbin wrote: »
    Check out Forbidden Realms comic book shop in Cork City. I wanted to buy everything last time I was there.

Other Realms? In Paul St?

Um...there's nice little shops in by the English Market, offbeat kinda clothes and trinkety things and stuff. It looks like a little old street but it's covered over. Not really nerdy though...Turquoise Flamingo on Washington St has quirky little jewellery things, it's a vintage shop. Moonshine is in Paul St too, and Funky Skunk is along the quays near the Coal Quay, housemate contributed them. :)

I don't know if you know the streets but always handy to have them too if you need to ask directions!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Aren't all nerds brainy? :p

Nope. I've sometimes been baffled by the stupidity of some subsections of the nerd community.

I think I might be coming down with something, I was roasting about 15 minutes ago now I'm covered in a blanket. Noooo!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

that was a great little shop until it moved to the paul street shopping centre *sigh*

also I agree avoid trabolgan hahaha :-D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

Went to visit my friend today, had lovely day. She is the best, and her daughter kept giving me hugs, then got hurt so i bought her a teddy, then i accidently caused her to hurt her hand so she cried- :( but she was ok with me when i left .

Start a big thing next week.. start of rest of my career ya could say. i'm praying i don't mess up.

Weekend really pissed me off and hurt me but i've vented plenty about it.
    i'll not go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

oh btw im AccioHazel23647 on pottermore if anyone wants to add me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Aw I used to love Trabolgan, had all my family holidays there growing up. Captain Croc for Life!!!

Wheeeeee the OH's sister has a holiday home in Kerry and needs someone down there for a few days while work gets done to the place. Me, OH and dog will be heading down wooooooo!! I love Kerry

Any thoughts on a Ladies Lounge Pottermore thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on a Ladies Lounge Pottermore thread?

Yes please, I've no idea what people are talking about :o:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

bubblefett wrote: »
    Wheeeeee the OH's sister has a holiday home in Kerry and needs someone down there for a few days while work gets done to the place. Me, OH and dog will be heading down wooooooo!! I love Kerry

Ooh lovely, where in Kerry is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i emailed a lecturer earlier on asking for essay results

i got an email back saying he didnt receive the hard copy!!

Balls that could be 40% gone!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

MAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm such a fudge buck! Spelt my name wrong on a ryanair booking. I'm fooked!
    Well, a wee episode of mad men is on!

Pottermore name is WombatScarlet24584.. add away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

tatabubbly wrote: »
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm such a fudge buck! Spelt my name wrong on a ryanair booking. I'm fooked!
    Well, a wee episode of mad men is on!

Pottermore name is WombatScarlet24584.. add away!

That should be ok. Ring them. I booked tickets for my friend with her Irish name, not knowing that her passport was in the English version. They changed it no problem for free.

• Advertisement

Bridget Jones film on now :D

Pottermore thread for TLL has arrived
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056609600 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement