Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

My sleeping patterns ****ed and everytime I do wake up on time early I set my alarm for like half an hour later but I always sleep through it :s

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Just had what was probably the worst exam of my life:o
    Caaan't wait to go back to see the look on my teacher's face:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Applied Maths yeah? My cousin got an A2 in Maths and Physics (HL) in the Mock and only scraped like a C3 in Applied Maths, it's meant to be impossibly hard! -_-..

Don't worry you probably did better than you thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Applied Maths yeah? My cousin got an A2 in Maths and Physics (HL) in the Mock and only scraped like a C3 in Applied Maths, it's meant to be impossibly hard! -_-..

Don't worry you probably did better than you thought!

Meh, I'm pretty good at telling what I get in exams. I'm not one of those people who says "oh, I did so bad, I think I failed" and then gets an A2. Honestly I'd be lucky to get any more than a D, you'd understand why if you knew the layout of the paper.
    I still want an A1 in Applied Maths and I'd say I could get it when I start working at it. But it'll definitely take more effort than in other subjects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Damn everyone's talk of Omegle! I went on it there for like the second time ever. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Togepi wrote: »
    Damn everyone's talk of Omegle! I went on it there for like the second time ever. :pac:
    I think ive become addicted to Omegle :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    I think ive become addicted to Omegle :(

I haven't! :P Longest conversation was in French with some French guy. It quickly went downhill...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I leave for two days and ye have a new thread. I feel betrayed by you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I leave for two days and ye have a new thread. I feel betrayed by you all.

You missed all the excitement yesterday :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I know! I was reading it all wondering how it would end. 250 pages, down the drain :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I'm on another forum and the "small talk/off-topic" thread has 2753 pages. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

The fact that this is our second off-topic thread really highlights the amount of proscrastinators that are boards members! A1s all round I'd say :L

I need to pick a new username on twitter, mine has run its course.

Togepi wrote: »

I've only went on it twice the first chat was odd I left after a minute. The second I got bored and didn't know what to say anymore.

I put up the course of the university I'm hoping I go to on the wall , where I study , so it will encourage me and make me study much more than I am already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Lads yer flying through this one too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I need to pick a new username on twitter, mine has run its course.

Sexxyctyi2kaii6+6!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Yay, M&S* is back! Seems this thread is bringing back everyone in an attempt to reach 10,000 again :P :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

200 posts and 14 pages already. Good to see nothing has changed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

I put up the course of the university I'm hoping I go to on the wall , where I study , so it will encourage me and make me study much more than I am already.
    I got the points for my number 1 in the mocks so I've literally no motivation at all despite the fact that I know I could go down in June :mad: The only thing that's making me even look at a book is the requirements for the Entrance Scholarship for Maynooth.!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

I've had mine up for 6 months, I just look at it now and am all like 'that's where I'm going!' :P I've kinda forgotten that I still need to work tbh. Getting a good result in the mocks has it's drawbacks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Yay, M&S* is back! Seems this thread is bringing back everyone in an attempt to reach 10,000 again :P :D

Always kinda been lurking, haven't posted cause everyone's always talking about the leaving cert(what's up with that? In the LC thread!) and I'm sick of it. :o

I got the points for my number 1 in the mocks so I've literally no motivation at all despite the fact that I know I could go down in June :mad: The only thing that's making me even look at a book is the requirements for the Entrance Scholarship for Maynooth.!

Same :P They're bringing in a new scholarship for 3rd level though, so I think your Entrance Scholarship for Maynooth might be gotten rid of? :( I'm a wee bit miffed over this whole scholarship carry-on tbh :P It means I won't be able to just doss until the LC like I was planning to :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Eathrin wrote: »
    Meh, I'm pretty good at telling what I get in exams. I'm not one of those people who says "oh, I did so bad, I think I failed" and then gets an A2. Honestly I'd be lucky to get any more than a D, you'd understand why if you knew the layout of the paper.
    I still want an A1 in Applied Maths and I'd say I could get it when I start working at it. But it'll definitely take more effort than in other subjects.

I guarantee you that you got more than a D. Have you seen the marking scheme like :P

Anyway, was that a mock exam by DEB or Examcraft? Just curious because I did both and found some questions weird :P

Aww thats so lucky! :). Hopefully you'll get that in your actual, just keep working.
    I didn't have mocks this year I haven't done any proper exam since the actual LC I've just had mini tests until then. I'm at around a C standard in most subjects apart from English where I'm slightly C-B. I need all of them to be B1s well the honours :).
    I really want to go to england my course is so much better over there plus I get a full year for the work experience. I've done much more studying this year last year I was kind of last minute. I don't want to go to any university but there.

I've had mine up for 6 months, I just look at it now and am all like 'that's where I'm going!' :P I've kinda forgotten that I still need to work tbh. Getting a good result in the mocks has it's drawbacks :rolleyes:

I nearly forgot too, I had the course sheet in my room but not on the wall. Today I decided I need it where I study so I'll keep look at it and it'll motivate me study :). I didn't do mocks so I'm not sure what level I'm at but think around a C in most then C-B in english so at a okish base level. I have 2 months to bring the grade up :).
    I love the course that it is plus it has no maths unlike my other course which have it in first year.

I nearly forgot too, I had the course sheet in my room but not on the wall. Today I decided I need it where I study so I'll keep look at it and it'll motivate me study :). I didn't do mocks so I'm not sure what level I'm at but think around a C in most then C-B in english so at a okish base level. I have 2 months to bring the grade up :).
    I love the course that it is plus it has no maths unlike my other course which have it in first year.

Nice one. :D Sounds like ye're pretty well prepared. What course are ya after?

Nice one. :D Sounds like ye're pretty well prepared. What course are ya after?

Business Information Systems there aren't many places which do this as it's mainly Computer Science/Engineering , and the modules are always different the course over there is just perfect :). I still have the DCU computing enterprise as #1 here.
    What about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

French exam paper still awaits :(

• Advertisement

Business Information Systems there aren't many places which do this as it's mainly Computer Science/Engineering , and the modules are always different the course over there is just perfect :). I still have the DCU computing enterprise as #1 here.
    What about you?

That course sounds cool! Loads of jobs in that area too :) I was thinking of doing compsci for ages myself but I found out a while back that I'm really shíte (like useless) at programming, so that's a no-no. :pac: I'm gona do Undenominated Science in NUIG :) hopefully get a degree in Pharmacology out of it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement