Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Might as well jump on the bandwagon:

I want:
    English: (got C1) -> want B2
    Russian: want A1, and A1 only.
    Economics: (got B2) -> want A2
    Construction Studies: (got B2) -> want A2
    Physics: (got D3 :o) -> want C3+
    Irish OL: (got C1) -> want B3 (not bad for a Russian person)
    Maths OL: (got A2) -> want A1
    German OL: (got B3) -> want: don't care
    LCVP: (got Distinction) -> want Distinction
    Points I want: 500
    Points I need: 420+

Namlub wrote: »
    I think you just get banned from the Cuckoo's Nest though, and I never post there anyway :pac:

Yeah I think so too now. You can always PM a moderator if you really want a ban though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Btw, subzero where abouts you from in Waterford :D

David1994 wrote: »
    Btw, subzero where abouts you from in Waterford :D

Waterford Citeh :p you?

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Waterford Citeh :p you?

Tramore boii :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Is anyone going to see Titanic 3D?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

So whats everyones first choices and 2nd? :) we'll see who could end up in the same place

Law and Business Trinity for me, followed by BESS.

The improvements I would like to make from the mocks are as follows:

History A1- would obviously like to maintain this
    Accounting A2- would like to push it to a A1
    Physics- B1- would love if I could get this up to an A1
    Spanish- B1- hopefully can get this up to an A2 standard and if I'm lucky possibly an A1
    Maths- B2- hopefully can get this up to an A2. Will be tricky with project maths but as long as Q8 isn't such a horror I have a chance
    Applied Maths-B3- I don't think I'm very good at applied maths but hope with some work I can push it up to an B1
    English- C2- was really disappointed with this. Hopefully I can get it up to a B1 standard.

Not bothered to be honest haha :P Seen it already and never think the 3D makes much difference imo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

1st choice: Home ec & Biology in Sligo
    2nd: Science Ed in Maynooth

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

#1: BCL Law with Economics- NUIM
    #2: BBL Law and Business- NUIM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Anyone here heading to UL or is it just me?

/forever alone

• Advertisement

Not bothered to be honest haha :P Seen it already and never think the 3D makes much difference imo :)

Haha I don't know if it's worth seeing it's so long and you already know what happens in the end , the same outcome. I haven't seen it in ages I could download it. The movie is just very long to have to sit through plus the 3D glasses get annoying to wear after a while.

First choice is Primary teaching in pats and second choice is primary in Mary I :D

First choice is Primary teaching in pats and second choice is primary in Mary I :D

Just stumbled across this, a funny yet concerning read: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71063991&postcount=1

I only have 3 courses listed on my cao so far all level 8s, I don't know what other level 8s to put down that interest me :S. I haven't added anything for the level 7s yet.

Haha I don't know if it's worth seeing it's so long and you already know what happens in the end , the same outcome. I haven't seen it in ages I could download it. The movie is just very long to have to sit through plus the 3D glasses get annoying to wear after a while.

Haha ye thats exactly my mindframe about it :D Effort.... :)

Haha ye thats exactly my mindframe about it :D Effort.... :)

It would be good to see though , I might just buy it on dvd when it's out.
    I do get bored watching Titanic sometimes as it really drags until you get to the good scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular so I don't want anyone getting paranoid or anything. But looking around some posts here (the general forum, not this thread specifically), people need to either really lighten up about the amount of work/study they're doing or just stop talking out of their arses about what they're doing...

(awaits angry words)

In fairness some people are doing insane amounts of study. :eek:

But then again too much is kind of better than none. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

leaveiton wrote: »
    This isn't aimed at anyone in particular so I don't want anyone getting paranoid or anything. But looking around some posts here (the general forum, not this thread specifically), people need to either really lighten up about the amount of work/study they're doing or just stop talking out of their arses about what they're doing...

(awaits angry words)

Careful now.

rkeano5 wrote: »
    Careful now.

+1. This IS Leaving Cert forum :p

Fatther-Ted-down-with-this-sort-of-thing.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

(awaits angry words)

I tend to believe what people say they do, why would they lie? Makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

subz3r0 wrote: »
    +1. This IS Leaving Cert forum :p

I know, and I'm doing the Leaving Cert too, but seriously, some people are being completely ridiculous about it. It's almost like a competition, how long can you spend studying, who can study the most. Gets a bit tiring reading endless posts of "I'm planning on doing 12 hours a day but I might up it to 24 closer to June."

Okay, my post was a bit bitchy, I apologise for that. But really, if people are doing the insane amounts of study that they're saying they're doing, it's just not healthy.

But really, if people are doing the insane amounts of study that they're saying they're doing, it's just not healthy.

True. You need some kind of balance. Loads of study is great but people need to relax too and make sure they take enough time away from studying.

Yes Eathrin, that was totally aimed at you. Calm the eff down with the studying man!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I know, and I'm doing the Leaving Cert too, but seriously, some people are being completely ridiculous about it. It's almost like a competition, how long can you spend studying, who can study the most. Gets a bit tiring reading endless posts of "I'm planning on doing 12 hours a day but I might up it to 24 closer to June."

Okay, my post was a bit bitchy, I apologise for that. But really, if people are doing the insane amounts of study that they're saying they're doing, it's just not healthy.

I know its easy to get stressed out by other people saying how much study they're doing, but do try and take these things with a pinch of salt :) Concentrate on your own study and never mind what everyone else is doing! Everyone studies at a different pace, and everyone measures their time studying differently...they're probably not taking into account all the facebook and boards time that's in there too :P

As long as you're spending the amount of time that you need to get things done, then that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Yeah cian you're doing insane amounts of study... We all miss you here, I mean giving yourself a 5 minute break after every 14 hours of study isn't healthy :/ it should be 5 minutes after every 11 hours!!

Artist's impression of Cian:

ihwNJLh9zibot.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I But really, if people are doing the insane amounts of study that they're saying they're doing, it's just not healthy.

I did 11 hours study for a good 3 days last week and then only 3 or 4 next 2 days :O tbh people, I locked myself away and it really just made matters worse than anything , I was exhausted and so stressed, had breakdowns etc :P
    and I havent done anything much since friday , i've just been too turned off it :o
    anyone doing that or more is burning themselves out tbh .
    So lads no stress or worries about how many hours study you do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Guys I know I've been going a little overkill with the work but it just means so much to me that I get 8 A1s and I honestly can't imagine achieving that unless I continue with a solid 6am till 1am study, obviously a 3 minute break for food at 5pm.
    You can all go and be a bunch of failures if you want or you can be great, just like me. It's been so long since I've spoken to another human being I have forgotten the sound of their voices. This is what it takes to be truly fantastic.

It doesn't matter how many hours you do, it matters what you do. You could spend 2 hours on utter cr*p while you might be better off doing 20 minutes of good solid revision on a topic.

• Advertisement

Eathrin wrote: »
    Guys I know I've been going a little overkill with the work but it just means so much to me that I get 8 A1s and I honestly can't imagine achieving that unless I continue with a solid 6am till 1am study, obviously a 3 minute break for food at 5pm.
    You can all go and be a bunch of failures if you want or you can be great, just like me. It's been so long since I've spoken to another human being I have forgotten the sound of their voices. This is what it takes to be truly fantastic.

Thanks for taking your 3 minutes break to talk to us :) now back to work!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement