Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

David1994 wrote: »
    Just wondering what grades are people hoping to get in June??

You're all going to laugh at me when you all see this. :L

English: (H)
    Aiming for: B2
    Level I'm at now: C3

Maths: (O)
    Aiming: A2
    Level now: B3

Irish: (O)
    Aiming: A1
    Level now: B3

French: (O)
    Aiming: D3
    Level now: F :o

Home Ec: (H)
    Level now: C3 :o

Biology: (H)
    Level now: B3 :o

Geography: (H)
    Aiming: B1
    Level Now: C3

Business: (H)
    Aiming: B3
    Level now: D1

Reallllllly need to pull my socks up..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Patchy~ wrote: »
    OR it'll be really easy and we'll all be fine, and then I'll walk out like 'wow guys that was so hard wasnt it' :pac:

And then the 2013 Project Maths paper will be ridiculously hard :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

History peeps or anyone in general :) can ye help me :)
    Looking for a good quote from anything (even a film / song ) about contributing :) I know this sounds weird but there is a method to my madness :)

De réir a chéile a thógtar na caisleáin - seanfhocail are beast:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

History peeps or anyone in general :) can ye help me :)
    Looking for a good quote from anything (even a film / song ) about contributing :) I know this sounds weird but there is a method to my madness :)

'Is fearr beagán cunaimh ná mórán trua.' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'm hoping to get B1s in my four honours subjects english, geography , business and economics then a c3 in maths ordinary and then french C/D . I need to do more work to achieve these grades in some of them.
    I'm probably around a high C-B level in english or business then the rest C's then French and maths I'm at a D level but maths is slowly getting there :).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Tesco - every little helps :pac:
    Theres an Irish version of it, bailionn brobh beart :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Thank you lads :) really something along the lines of what Cian said is what I need :D Seriously thank you :D My RSR is going to be the bomb :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Right lads, this will be my last post on boards until the 20th of June. I'll be locking my pc away right after this post.

I haven't done a single second of studying for the leaving, I still felt I did average for the mocks however getting 390 points. With less than 8 weeks until the leaving my studying is long overdue, with that I'm locking myself up for the following ten weeks until the leaving is over and I'll hopefully come out the other side feeling decent about myself.

I'd just like to wish everyone the best of luck in these final few weeks and hope you all get on the best. I hope to see you all happy on the other side!

Go mbeidh an t-ádh oraibh!

I really really want an A1 in French and Irish. I kind of need to get at least a B1 again in English. :( And then I want an A in Phys/Chem, and would love a B3 in Maths. For DCG, I don't really know. I did an A standard project, but I'm crap at the drawing side. Hopefully at least a B2 if I really knuckle down at it.

Lots of work to do. :o

Edit: Wow, that'd be 555.
    Note to self: Work hard and you'll be delighted in August!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Lads like, we're nearly on 8 pages already and the thread's been open for like an hour ¬¬

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Libh*, I think :o

Good luck!

Right lads, this will be my last post on boards until the 20th of June. I'll be locking my pc away right after this post.

So inspirational <3

Well done and best of luck!

see you in a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Thank you lads :) really something along the lines of what Cian said is what I need :D Seriously thank you :D My RSR is going to be the bomb :D
    Those seanfhocail will do well but "Every Little Helps will just blow away the competition:D
    Nice one Patchy!:pac:

I haven't done a single second of studying for the leaving, I still felt I did average for the mocks however getting 390 points. With less than 8 weeks until the leaving my studying is long overdue, with that I'm locking myself up for the following ten weeks until the leaving is over and I'll hopefully come out the other side feeling decent about myself.

I'd just like to wish everyone the best of luck in these final few weeks and hope you all get on the best. I hope to see you all happy on the other side!

Go mbeidh an t-ádh oraibh!

You are a very inspiring person.
    I'm seriously considering giving it a rest now. Maybe just locking my pc away for the time being. Time to get serious isn't it?

Togepi wrote: »
    I really really want an A1 in French and Irish. I kind of need to get at least a B1 again in English. :( And then I want an A in Phys/Chem, and would love a B3 in Maths.

Lots of work to do. :o

Edit: Wow, that'd be 555.
    Note to self: Work hard and you'll be delighted in August!

I got those exact grades in the mocks, different subjects obviously.

I wish you could close your account and then reopen it or like...get banned until the end of June or something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Multimedia in DCU and Digital Media Design in NUIM

Might be seeing you around NUIM! BCL Law with Economics hopefully! :P

Mocks

Irish- B2 (would be happy with this again )

English- A2 (would be DELIGHTED with this in June)

Maths- B2 (meh, i'd like a B1 but this would do)

French- C3 (Need a B3. B2 it'd be grand though :pac:)

Business- A1 (same again hopefully)

Music- B3 (B1 hopefully)

Economics- A2 (would be delighted with this again)

Geography- B1 (A2 hopefully)

LCVP- Distinction (Distinction again please)

So that'd be 535 vs. 510!

Namlub wrote: »
    I wish you could close your account and then reopen it or like...get banned until the end of June or something

Isn't there a thread on boards where you post anything and you get banned? In the post you can specify ban duration :L

Isn't there a thread on boards where you post anything and you get banned? In the post you can specify ban duration :L

OMG where?!?

Togepi wrote: »
    OMG where?!?

There definitely was one :pac: looking for it now

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Sounds like a plan. Don't think I would be able to keep it up though, internet procrastination ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Eathrin wrote: »
    Those seanfhocail will do well but "Every Little Helps will just blow away the competition:D
    Nice one Patchy!:pac:

You are a very inspiring person.
    I'm seriously considering giving it a rest now. Maybe just locking my pc away for the time being. Time to get serious isn't it?

I got those exact grades in the mocks, different subjects obviously.

Hahaha I know, I only saw patchy's inspirational words after posting :)

Lads if everyone gets serious , this thread will die :(

• Advertisement

I have my alarm set for 5.10am tomorrow, hoping to start French Oral study around 6am cause i'm going away around 3. So, that'd be around 9 hours of French! Be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I've deactivated facebook earlier (not sure how long it'll last), I'm keeping boards as it's good when you need help or get stuck on something people can help :). I'll tweet less. I just block most websites during the day for most of the day and leave the evenings free. It'll be scary when it gets to the month of May not far from it now :eek: . I hope everyone gets the results they're looking for :). I hate procrastination lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I have my alarm set for 5.10am tomorrow, hoping to start French Oral study around 6am cause i'm going away around 3. So, that'd be around 9 hours of French! Be grand!

You fo' real ?

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    You fo' real ?
    Yes unfortunately.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure if you post in one of the threads in the soccer forum you get an automatic ban. Not sure how long it lasts but it's definitely worth a shot. :D

A ban from now until the end of June would actually improve my results so much. :cool:

Edit: Ha thanks subz3r0!

Yes unfortunately.

After about 2 hours it's a waste of time I think, unless you take decent breaks.

After about 2 hours it's a waste of time I think, unless you take decent breaks.
    I usually take 10 minutes every hour, be grand sure! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

This is I want: Geography(A1)-Would be happy with an A2
    English(A1)-Would also be happy with an A2
    Irish(A2)-However a B1 would be great :D
    Spanish(B1)-Though I am afraid could go bad so a B2/B3 be ok
    Biology(B1)-B2 be happy with....
    Chemistry(B3)-By far my worst subject so maybe a C1 would be more likely :P Struggling with it at the moment....
    Maths(B3)-Ordinary level so not counting for points..Meh.

So my dream points work out to be 535 and the points i would be still really happy with work out to be 500 points :P

• Advertisement

I think you just get banned from the Cuckoo's Nest though, and I never post there anyway :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement