Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

You would have then lied before I criticised you.

Plus I'm noticing minor errors in your posts.

Not impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

reznov wrote: »
    Yeah I know it isn't 1998. I lied to you the first time when you began criticising my inability to sit the leaving cert at birth. To clear up some misunderstandings:

Born in 1970. Died in 1970.
    Dead for over 30 years.
    Devil offered a trade.
    Under the Sale of Goods and Services act, he sold me intelligence of merchantable quality.
    Here I am today!

So how was the hell Leaving cert in '98?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Patchy~ wrote: »
    You would have then lied before I criticised you.

Plus I'm noticing minor errors in your posts.

Not impressed!

Fallacy! i applied simple probability principles to predict what you were going to post. Low and behold, the power of Maths!

Fallacy! i applied simple probability principles to predict what you were going to post. Low and behold, the power of [m] Maths!
    Fallacy indeed!

Eathrin wrote: »
    So how was the hell Leaving cert in '98?

No longer can I take students seriously who claim it was "hot" during their Leaving Cert weeks as I had to fast in fires of infinity degrees Celsius.

Did alright though!

• Advertisement

Fallacy indeed!

Excuse my iPod. I'm infallible if left to my own device.

I would have thought your iPod was your own "devise", unless you took that from the devil too ;)

I would have thought your iPod was your own "devise", unless you took that from the devil too ;)

Today is not my day! I am risking a fail in English. Might have to drop to foundation or just drop it altogether.

(Seriously though, I need to reset the dictionary on this thing.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

What?

Fergus_ wrote: »
    What?

Good question! Doubt you'll receive a coherent answer.

• Advertisement

Good question! Doubt you'll receive a coherent answer.

I would like a coherent answer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Fergus_ wrote: »
    What?

tumblr_lrmxbz4vYI1qzaxefo1_500.jpg

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Jaysus I actually reckon I did more study for my Junior Cert than I am for the Leaving :p Having no course picked yet probably isn't helping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

So reznov returns and kitty9 suddenly stops posting. Interesting...

Togepi wrote: »
    So reznov returns and kitty9 suddenly stops posting. Interesting...

The conspiracy is killing me. HOW WILL IT EVER END?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Sleep in again, I love the leaving!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

M&S* wrote: »
    Sleep in again, I love the leaving!

Haha everytime I sleep in now I just feel guilty :p

Off tomorrow for sports day, pffft sports :pac:

Any business people here, I gots a question :)

Would you advise focusing on 4 specific questions rather than all 8? I dont know why I never did this or even thought to...but yeah, starting to worry about it a lot more because idrk where I'm at with the subject. My idea was to focus on Q1 for part one then do Q4, 5 + 6 in part 2 since they're the ABQ units (right?). Good/bad idea? I know q2/3 a bit but i think it might suit me more to narrow it down :)

You'd be grand with no long questions prepared! Scrape a C with the ABQ and Short Qs.

I think 4 is much too little. It gives you no safety option just in case one of the questions is very awkward. I'm aiming for covering all 8 just to be prepared for anything. Same with Maths! Everything in business is related anyway. Definitely focus on ABQ chapters.

• Advertisement

You'd be grand with no long questions prepared! Scrape a C with the ABQ and Short Qs.

I think 4 is much too little. It gives you no safety option just in case one of the questions is very awkward. I'm aiming for covering all 8 just to be prepared for anything. Same with Maths! Everything in business is related anyway. Definitely focus on ABQ chapters.
    Ah but I want at least a B2 :pac: And you wouldnt get a C with just those two surely? The ABQs are kinda hard I find or else my teacher just marks hard, I usually only get in the mid 60's out of 80 :(

True, but Q2 often seems so awkward to me. I know them all a bit but I thought it might be better to be well-prepared for 4 you know? :) And it'd prepare me for the ABQ too, and I'm quite okay with Q7. I guess I'll just do them all if I have the time over the weekend. Thanks for the advice :)

We didnt do 8 questions in maths but ehhhh, just hoping for the best with that one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I got an A1 in my GV&V essay I guess my 3hours writing it payed off but it was 7 pages for the (70 mark). Does it need to be as long as that in the exam? plus it takes ages to compare the three texts. Can I compare the two texts or do I have to compare three?

I got an A1 in my GV&V essay I guess my 3hours writing it payed off but it was 7 pages for the (70 mark). Does it need to be as long as that in the exam? plus it takes ages to compare the three texts. Can I compare the two texts or do I have to compare three?
    Well done! :) My teacher says 3/4 pages, but I usually write 5/6 to be safe. You might be able to cut out some explaining if you've got a lot of that in it, as long as the comparisons are still there. Sometimes it says 'at least two texts', but otherwise I think you've to compare all 3 - but I might be wrong, I usually focus on the (a) and (b) parts.

Ah but I want at least a B2 :pac: And you wouldnt get a C with just those two surely? The ABQs are kinda hard I find or else my teacher just marks hard, I usually only get in the mid 60's out of 80 :(

True, but Q2 often seems so awkward to me. I know them all a bit but I thought it might be better to be well-prepared for 4 you know? :) And it'd prepare me for the ABQ too, and I'm quite okay with Q7. I guess I'll just do them all if I have the time over the weekend. Thanks for the advice :)

We didnt do 8 questions in maths but ehhhh, just hoping for the best with that one :P

Yeah but a C is modest. You don't want to fabricate a pompous impression do you? :rolleyes:

Just do as much as you can. It is difficult for me to assess your business ability over the Internet.

We didn't either, but then again my teacher defines the word 'incompetent', along with it's synonyms.

Well done! :) My teacher says 3/4 pages, but I usually write 5/6 to be safe. You might be able to cut out some explaining if you've got a lot of that in it, as long as the comparisons are still there. Sometimes it says 'at least two texts', but otherwise I think you've to compare all 3 - but I might be wrong, I usually focus on the (a) and (b) parts.

Even when it says at least 2 texts, you won't get anywhere near full marks unless you use 3.

finality wrote: »
    Even when it says at least 2 texts, you won't get anywhere near full marks unless you use 3.

Yes you need a minimum of three where it states use at least two. I find it surprising that they couldn't just write "Use three or else you're losing a magnitude of marks".

Yeah but a C is modest. You don't want to fabricate a pompous impression do you? :rolleyes:

Just do as much as you can. It is difficult for me to assess your business ability over the Internet.

We didn't either, but then again my teacher defines the word 'incompetent', along with it's synonyms.
    Of course not! I want my place smack bang in the middle of that bell curve. ;)
    True :) My teacher's great for maths, no idea how we managed to get so far behind (besides doing half the old course...:rolleyes:) but once you've 6 you should be okay anyway :)
    finality wrote: »
    Oh, I never knew that. Pretty misleading. There's a ton of comparisons in our two books though, so surely with so many you'd have a chance? I'd use 3 anyway because I can, but I never do the 70 mark ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Any business people here, I gots a question :)

Would you advise focusing on 4 specific questions rather than all 8? I dont know why I never did this or even thought to...but yeah, starting to worry about it a lot more because idrk where I'm at with the subject. My idea was to focus on Q1 for part one then do Q4, 5 + 6 in part 2 since they're the ABQ units (right?). Good/bad idea? I know q2/3 a bit but i think it might suit me more to narrow it down :)
    If you just cover Units 1, 4, 5, 6 (ABQ Units).

Your guaranteed at least 5 Questions to choose from.

Q.1- Always Unit 1
    Q.2- Always Unit 6
    Q.5- Always Unit 4
    Q.6- Always Unit 5 + 4 Mixed
    Q.7- Always Unit 5

And you only have to do 4 out of these 5. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

*Happy Rant/Boast alert* :P

Got two essays I did for English off my Teacher today:
    • I got 96% in my Seamus Heaney essay
    • 98% in my Literary Genre Essay

I think they're my first A1's ever in English! I always usually get a high B1 or low A2, but to get the A1's is great! :D

• Advertisement

Of course not! I want my place smack bang in the middle of that bell curve. ;)
    True :) My teacher's great for maths, no idea how we managed to get so far behind (besides doing half the old course...:rolleyes:) but once you've 6 you should be okay anyway :)

Oh, I never knew that. Pretty misleading. There's a ton of comparisons in our two books though, so surely with so many you'd have a chance? I'd use 3 anyway because I can, but I never do the 70 mark ones.

Oh if you're doing the a and b part, I think you're fine to use one and then the other two. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement